Not enough light? Are they ready for nutes?

• Thread starter sealab
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sealab

sealab

I am using a Kingsbrite 3500k 240w LED light.

Back when they were still only a couple weeks old I was advised to turn these plants down to 13-16k LUX, but they're much bigger now. Just turned them up to 17-22k LUX, but I'm wondering if they would prefer more.

Also, I planted them in 5 gallons of fox farms ocean forest and perlite, but it's been 4 weeks of vegging, are they ready for nutrients?

They look a little more beat up than usual because it got cold last night, and I wasn't home to turn on the space heater, another effect of having the light down too low.

Cojdq2g0

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Lookin super duper dry my friend!! I saw you in a different thread, did you ever read Aquas write up of coco? You should read it! Your were underwatering last time and didnt water in properly for transplant. Your plants looking all deflated and droopy? Lack of water!!! Water them up properly and watch them perk up. Also yes you could start a light feeding program but FOFF should be hot, your plants are not eating that because your soils is too dry.

How much water how often? How long in 5 gal?

Soils like your using coco dominant mix with peat prolly and some WILL become hydrophobic with lack of watering. Your soils should never be dry past the second knuckle of your finger. You will have a helluva time rehydrating, you will have to put small amounts into the center of the pot and wait until absorbed before putting more or else it will just run down the sides and out.

sealab

sealab

Lookin super duper dry my friend!! I saw you in a different thread, did you ever read Aquas write up of coco? You should read it! Your were underwatering last time and didnt water in properly for transplant. Your plants looking all deflated and droopy? Lack of water!!! Water them up properly and watch them perk up. Also yes you could start a light feeding program but FOFF should be hot, your plants are not eating that because your soils is too dry.

How much water how often? How long in 5 gal?

Soils like your using coco dominant mix with peat prolly and some WILL become hydrophobic with lack of watering. Your soils should never be dry past the second knuckle of your finger. You will have a helluva time rehydrating, you will have to put small amounts into the center of the pot and wait until absorbed before putting more or else it will just run down the sides and out.
they've been getting water every 4 days or so, I was going to feed them tomorrow. When I stick my finger in the dirt, it's moist underneath.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

If you do not believe me about the under watering, put about 2 gal or till run off on one pot and watch the results. The plant will perk or start "praying" like crazy in 30 or so min! Get those leaves pointing up to the sky!!!
Four days hmm? How much water? Get any run off?

sealab

sealab

If you do not believe me about the under watering, put about 2 gal or till run off on one pot and watch the results. The plant will perk or start "praying" like crazy in 30 or so min! Get those leaves pointing up to the sky!!!
Four days hmm? How much water? Get any run off?
Hmmm, I suppose not as much water as they could use. Not until runoff, because I was told that wouldnt be too important until I was feeding them. They all got about 3 red solo cups worth of water last watering.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Did you read the thread? That tells why you need to keep it moist. Theres a whole lotta science behind it but the bottom line is your really in soilLESS soils and needs to be treated as such. Its not real dirt man.
Thats much too little water much too far apart, like i said water em slowly with a dixi cup waiting for each cup full to absorb before filling, do this until slight run off to insure full saturation and your plants will perk up like you wouldn't believe. 1-2gal each easily!! I gave somebody the break down the outer day on being able to watch the plants and be able to judge, getting those top leave sets perking up and just by watching the perk and droop be able to water and maintain optimal happiness. thats how i roll personally, because how much how often has too many factors to guarantee you must be able to read those babys. Do one plant and let me know in a hour.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hmmm, I suppose not as much water as they could use. Not until runoff, because I was told that wouldnt be too important until I was feeding them. They all got about 3 red solo cups worth of water last watering.
Read the thread, trust me, coco is not like soil. You should be watering once a day minimum. Also look up cocoforcannabis. All the coco experts will tell you to water way more in coco.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I am using a Kingsbrite 3500k 240w LED light.

Back when they were still only a couple weeks old I was advised to turn these plants down to 13-16k LUX, but they're much bigger now. Just turned them up to 17-22k LUX, but I'm wondering if they would prefer more.

Also, I planted them in 5 gallons of fox farms ocean forest and perlite, but it's been 4 weeks of vegging, are they ready for nutrients?

They look a little more beat up than usual because it got cold last night, and I wasn't home to turn on the space heater, another effect of having the light down too low.

View attachment 1094523
Get a temp controller for your space heater. You can use a heating pad controller for short term just make sure uou dont run more than it can handle. Mine are 15amp most are 10 or 15amp. So if your heater is on med or low it'll work short term. Think safety third!

sealab

sealab

Did you water as advised? watched them perk up er what??
Yeah, all of them except plant number 1 (bottom middle) perked up. #1 is still looking pretty haggard, I dunno if there's anything I can do to help it. I'll post more pictures after they wake up.

I'm thinking I should flip them to flower soon, because I'm not ever sure how many are male/female yet, but I'd like to tackle their health problems before so if possible.

kyLman

kyLman

Some of my plants take a few hours longer than others to perk up after water, it's weird. It'll recover I am sure

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

The roots may have died back on the sad one hopefully we get the perk back!!!

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Yeah, all of them except plant number 1 (bottom middle) perked up. #1 is still looking pretty haggard, I dunno if there's anything I can do to help it. I'll post more pictures after they wake up.

I'm thinking I should flip them to flower soon, because I'm not ever sure how many are male/female yet, but I'd like to tackle their health problems before so if possible.
Plants should be at full health before switch. See plants all the way to the end. Lol.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

i mean flipping to flower would be fine if you only want a 1/4 oz bud per plant.
Education is the corner stone to every solid enterprise.
Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance Producing a Plethora of Purple Pounds of Pot
seriously, spend the time to wise your self up, tons of great free info at your finger tips....
Anyhoo lets keep you on track, keep us posted with how everyone looks and lets get you where you want to be!

Latest posts

Top Bottom