Not enough light? Are they ready for nutes?

• Thread starter sealab
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sealab

sealab

Took this photo this morning right after watering them, bottom middle is the one that's struggling.
It has less soil than the other plants, so I think perhaps it has been having more of an issue from the underwatering that I did.

They're about 5 weeks old, switched their cycle to 12/12 this morning. Haven't sexed any of them yet.
1s Wybtm large

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Took this photo this morning right after watering them, bottom middle is the one that's struggling.
It has less soil than the other plants, so I think perhaps it has been having more of an issue from the underwatering that I did.

They're about 5 weeks old, switched their cycle to 12/12 this morning. Haven't sexed any of them yet. View attachment 1096882
That’s a premature flip in my opinion.
but. It is tight in there.✌️

growsince79

growsince79

They look too small for 5 weeks. what happened? Is it strain or maybe you need more light? idk

growsince79

growsince79

They're about 5 weeks old, switched their cycle to 12/12 this morning. Haven't sexed any of them yet. View attachment 1096882
What kind of light and how much are they getting?

sealab

sealab

What kind of light and how much are they getting?
I have a Kingsbrite 240w 3500k
They're getting like 20-25k LUX from it at the moment, should I turn the light up you think?

I was having a problem when they were a few weeks old from too much light, and while dealing with the watering issue I didn't want to turn the light up too high.

That’s a premature flip in my opinion.
but. It is tight in there.✌
Yeah, it's only a 2x4 and I haven't sexed any of them yet. I was worried about letting them go too long and having a jungle in my tent. If they end up being too small, lesson learned. :namaste:

sealab

sealab

Also, they're potted in Fox Farms Ocean Forest, and they haven't gotten any nutrients yet. I think next watering I'll start giving them a small amount.
It's possible that's why they look small?
But I think it's probably from the water/light issue.

growsince79

growsince79

Also, they're potted in Fox Farms Ocean Forest, and they haven't gotten any nutrients yet. I think next watering I'll start giving them a small amount.
I would give em more light and nutes. Make sire they are growing fast when you flip.

growsince79

growsince79

I'd start about 1 tsp/g then work up to 2.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Few things, when your plants sex and you practice a bit of training and topping you will be right on the moneys those plants will double in size when you flower them so your going to want to get them bigger and give em a week or two more to come out of their funk. You really want your plants 100% when you flip. Also if you give them a week or two ding good and happy they will pre flower and sex without flipping. Top the healthy ones and keep their size down, you defiantly want more than one top per plant....The color looks great, you do not really need any nutes for a week or two. Make sure your saturating the entire vessel when you water, remember over watering is from too often not from too much, water till run off if you having trouble figuring out how much to put on.

sealab

sealab

Few things, when your plants sex and you practice a bit of training and topping you will be right on the moneys those plants will double in size when you flower them so your going to want to get them bigger and give em a week or two more to come out of their funk. You really want your plants 100% when you flip. Also if you give them a week or two ding good and happy they will pre flower and sex without flipping. Top the healthy ones and keep their size down, you defiantly want more than one top per plant....The color looks great, you do not really need any nutes for a week or two. Make sure your saturating the entire vessel when you water, remember over watering is from too often not from too much, water till run off if you having trouble figuring out how much to put on.
Okay, I'm hearing from multiple people that they're not ready for a flip, so I think I'll go wake them up in a couple hours like usual instead of letting them begin flowering. Yep, I think I'm getting a better hang of watering them now. They definitely want to be watered more often than I expected, and yep I've been going now until it's totally saturated.

I would give em more light and nutes. Make sire they are growing fast when you flip.
Okay, I'll turn up the light a bit as well. Probably aim for around 30k LUX then to start.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Good call, theres a few threads about light intensity vs age but i imagine you want to be going full blast come flower. check this dudes thread out, you going to want to train and top and bush out your plants before you go into flower or else you will only get one nice cola, one oz at best.

pretty good example of using topping to make a nice bush for a micro indoor grow

sealab

sealab

Too excited not to share, I checked on my plants this morning and they all look so much happier! Especially the bottom middle plant, it perked right up with the extra sunlight I think.

I'll look into topping now that they seem so much healthier, I haven't looked into it at all really.
P5o5ca02 large

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Very nice!!!!! your looking back on track, you can start feeding now i would feed twice weekly at half the recommended rate on the bottle bump it up in ten days or so to full power lol

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Too excited not to share, I checked on my plants this morning and they all look so much happier! Especially the bottom middle plant, it perked right up with the extra sunlight I think.

I'll look into topping now that they seem so much healthier, I haven't looked into it at all really.
View attachment 1097204
I take it you probably live in a small apartment?

sealab

sealab

Garden update, a bit more than 2 weeks into flower now. Had 3 females out of the 5 plants that made it through veg.

I never topped or LST'd my plants, and I'm noticing now that some of the smaller growths/budsites are getting choked by the big fan leaves, and not getting enough light.

This first grow has overall been a great learning experience, I expect that my next grow will go even better.

ZoDHhMdK large

growsince79

growsince79

Garden update, a bit more than 2 weeks into flower now. Had 3 females out of the 5 plants that made it through veg.

I never topped or LST'd my plants, and I'm noticing now that some of the smaller growths/budsites are getting choked by the big fan leaves, and not getting enough light.

This first grow has overall been a great learning experience, I expect that my next grow will go even better.

View attachment 1104129
Whatever you do, don't cut the fans off. If you want to experiment, cut them all off 1 plant and leave the others alone. Then you will see for yourself why you shouldn't have done it.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I would just do some tucking if you don’t want to defoliate or just pick off leaves that are blocking prime bud sites. But do not over do it.

growsince79

growsince79

I would just do some tucking if you don’t want to defoliate or just pick off leaves that are blocking prime bud sites. But do not over do it.
I never understood why people are willing to cut off all the big fans and afraid to leave one plant alone for comparison. If the did they would understand why they shouldn't do it. My biggest best buds are always partially blocked.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Way to go!! Your defiantly on the right track, those babys look killer week two of flower? Its about time to start rocking phosphates! I like to use kelp and alfalfa during the transition.

Top Bottom