Not looking too healthy some buds are rotting ..can you guys help?!?!

• Thread starter jcas004
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jcas004

jcas004

Hey everyone ..I'm very new at this and this was my first successful plant..On Aug 5, I noticed it was starting flower stage...(the first pic) it started losing leaves so fast ..a lot! (second pic) ..we are about 5 weeks in...a few days ago, noticed some webbing on top colas, sprayed from a distance w/ Neem oil...(against my instinct)...plant also has like burgundy stems.....since spraying I'm seeing dying sugar leaves and brown on my buds, (third and fourth pic)..here's what it looks like now (last pic)....the tricombs are still clear, I'm trying to at least wait till they are milky...I did just clean her up and snipped dying smaller buds and leaves...should I begin to remove the good buds while I can..or try and wait longer, another week or so???? I'm not feeding it anything but nitro/potassium with coffee grounds and banana peels plus it's in this horrible miracle grow that feeds plants upto 6mths..this stuff is def no good for cannabis plants... at this stage anyway!!! ..😟 What can I or should I do? Thanks for your help!

Not looking too healthy some buds are rotting can you guys help
Not looking too healthy some buds are rotting can you guys help 2
Not looking too healthy some buds are rotting can you guys help 3
Not looking too healthy some buds are rotting can you guys help 4
Not looking too healthy some buds are rotting can you guys help 5
Ponky

Ponky

The dead parts are looking like bud rot. It spreads rapidly. It will destroy the buds.

Reactions: TSD
jcas004

jcas004

The dead parts are looking like bud rot. It spreads rapidly. It will destroy the buds.
Yes I noticed and I get that, That's why I'm asking what to do..harvest the good?!?
Hey everyone ..I'm very new at this and this was my first successful plant..On Aug 5, I noticed it was starting flower stage...(the first pic) it started losing leaves so fast ..a lot! (second pic) ..we are about 5 weeks in...a few days ago, noticed some webbing on top colas, sprayed from a distance w/ Neem oil...(against my instinct)...plant also has like burgundy stems.....since spraying I'm seeing dying sugar leaves and brown on my buds, (third and fourth pic)..here's what it looks like now (last pic)....the tricombs are still clear, I'm trying to at least wait till they are milky...I did just clean her up and snipped dying smaller buds and leaves...should I begin to remove the good buds while I can..or try and wait longer, another week or so???? I'm not feeding it anything but nitro/potassium with coffee grounds and banana peels plus it's in this horrible miracle grow that feeds plants upto 6mths..this stuff is def no good for cannabis plants... at this stage anyway!!! ..😟 What can I or should I do? Thanks for your help!
Here's a closeup

20210912 003741 1
Ponky

Ponky

If you have a UV light the damaged parts will be visible. You need to discard at least 2" above and below any rot. Chop and trim. Dry it with a fan on it. Any rotten bits you gotta throw out.

Madbud

Madbud

The roots have probably shut down from the planter not getting enough oxygen and dampness in the bottom. Neem tastes awful you should read up on budwashing to rinse some off. The rot could be tiny budworms, caterpillars that leave specs of poop inside the rotted bud. They probably won’t get all thebuds but trim any you see and ride it out another week.

BudHolly

BudHolly

Hey All ..
I'm also seeing bud rot on my outside girl.
It's only 30 days in Flower, so too soon to chop.
I've cut off all the damaged buds and I'm going to let it finish.
I was reading about "water curing"
has anyone tried this method to remove bud rot???

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

Never happened to me so cant tell much but if it would be mine plant i will chop all dead parts and see if its still spreading. If still spreading chop down and make some edibles, BHO etc if not smokeable. Neem taste bad once got bud with it and not gonna smoke it again w/o some washing method. Lets hope you get plant ready! 🙂

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Take a picture for us. Bud rot is no good. Pretty much trash 🗑 if you’ve got botryitus?? Spell check lol.

TSD

TSD

Hey All ..
I'm also seeing bud rot on my outside girl.
It's only 30 days in Flower, so too soon to chop.
I've cut off all the damaged buds and I'm going to let it finish.
I was reading about "water curing"
has anyone tried this method to remove bud rot???
You can't cut out bud rot, it's systemic, meaning it's already throughout the plant waiting to spore out and will definitely be back.. When I get but rot, I amputate once, then chop when it pops back up. I'll take early weed that I can at least make edibles from over moldy bud that is sent to the burn pile. You can't wash it off really, it's kind of not suitable for smoking if it's more than a small amount. I always wash my outdoor using the 3 bucket method regardlessof my mold situation, it gets rid of dirt, bugs, mold spores, pollen, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom