Not sure if it’s the right time to harvest

• Thread starter Ganjineering
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjineering

Ganjineering

Hi guys,

I was wondering if I could perhaps get some help on assessing whether my garden is ready for harvest. I am growing using hydroponics, top drip feeding rockwool under Gavita 1700e LED lights. The stain I am growing is screwhead OG, which is a cross between rockstar and OG. My research indicates a 9 week flowering period (63 days). These photos were taken today at day 64. There is some variation across the room, with some flowers having almost all pistils turning brown and a few amber trichomes, and other parts of the room still have straight white pistils on the top and no amber trichomes present. Some buds have also turned a beautiful purple colour, but there are still some (perhaps foxtails) that are still pretty green.

I currently have the room temperature at mid 60s and humidity around 50%, with the lights turned down to 60% intensity. I have been flushing for two weeks to this point, the leaves are turning deep purple with time and eventually drying out - my plan is to cut the water tomorrow, then harvest the following day or perhaps the day after. This is my first grow and am just very cautious about cutting them down too early - any advice would be fantastic! Thanks!

Not sure if its the right time to harvest
Not sure if its the right time to harvest 2
Not sure if its the right time to harvest 3
Not sure if its the right time to harvest 4
Not sure if its the right time to harvest 5
crossfader

crossfader

By the looks of all those white pistils I'd say not ready yet...a second opinion can't hurt but to my eyes they've got more time✌

XxHammer

XxHammer

I can not answer your question but your plants look really good :)

airedog

airedog

Supporter
Grab one of those portable microscopes and check the trichomes, that's the best way to know for sure. You'll want them at least mostly cloudy with few if any clear, once they start turning amber your THC is starting to degrade.

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Still lots of new growth, she is still adding some weight to her buds.

7munkee

7munkee

You wont hurt them at all by waiting a week, in fact they will just pack on a bit more weight.

growsince79

growsince79

Looks like the new growth is mostly foxtails. I'm in the same boat now. I'm gonna wait another week, but if they get too much worse, I'll chop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom