Not sure if this is healthy, ideas?

• Thread starter SlothofDoom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SlothofDoom

SlothofDoom

Anyone know if this is normal growth? Seed sprouted and I put in solo cup on 3/16. Transplanted in 5 gallon cloth pot after 2nd nodes grew for a couple days. Stem was straight when transplanted. Well, I finally got hrs offered at work and put in 106hrs in 9 days. So wasn't able to give plants as much attention as I wanted. After we finished job, I focussed on plants again and the stem is growing sideways and plant looks like a cluster fuck and possibly stunted? Any ideas on how to tackle this or should I just let it grow? I'm doing a bit of experimenting as I am new to growing so I'm not opposed to extreme experimenting and not to worried if plant doesn't survive. I have plenty more seeds. The plant is a northernlights auto.
Not sure if this is healthy ideas
Not sure if this is healthy ideas 2
Not sure if this is healthy ideas 3
Not sure if this is healthy ideas 4

SlothofDoom

SlothofDoom

Anyone know if this is normal growth? Seed sprouted and I put in solo cup on 3/16. Transplanted in 5 gallon cloth pot after 2nd nodes grew for a couple days. Stem was straight when transplanted. Well, I finally got hrs offered at work and put in 106hrs in 9 days. So wasn't able to give plants as much attention as I wanted. After we finished job, I focussed on plants again and the stem is growing sideways and plant looks like a cluster fuck and possibly stunted? Any ideas on how to tackle this or should I just let it grow? I'm doing a bit of experimenting as I am new to growing so I'm not opposed to extreme experimenting and not to worried if plant doesn't survive. I have plenty more seeds. The plant is a northernlights auto. View attachment 1110241View attachment 1110242View attachment 1110243View attachment 1110244
Here is a pic of other nl auto that I germinated and sprouted 3/14. I was able to do a little work on this one. But looks way better
20210405 091030
20210405 091043

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah thats normal..start training those branches away from ea other if you want.it will open her up..

They look heathy

SlothofDoom

SlothofDoom

Yeah thats normal..start training those branches away from ea other if you want.it will open her up..

They look heathy
[/QUOTE

Alrighty. She's gonna get opened up then. Wish I had smaller hands lol. Everything is so bundled together. Might trim off a little to make is easier. Thank you sir.

707finisher

707finisher

Sometimes I cut the bigger low leaves off to see what’s happening, and to keep them out of the dirt once I start training. It’s a little unusual the way it’s oriented, but It naturally is growing the way I train my plants :)

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
the first pic is overwatered and becoming slightly stunted. i’d wait till much healthier and she has gone through a few wet/dry cycles..
careful watering!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
the first pic is overwatered and becoming slightly stunted. i’d wait till much healthier and she has gone through a few wet/dry cycles..
careful watering!
also too much nitrogen will do that too..
which looks more like it.

SlothofDoom

SlothofDoom

careful watering!
Your 100% right. I did that just yesterday. Was tight on time and had to get kids home to mom. And still training myself on when to water. I checked on plants when I went to bed and that's when I noticed I gave them to much to drink. They do look way better though so don't think I over watered to much.
20210405 020722
20210405 020729

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Your 100% right. I did that just yesterday. Was tight on time and had to get kids home to mom. And still training myself on when to water. I checked on plants when I went to bed and that's when I noticed I gave them to much to drink. They do look way better though so don't think I over watered to much. View attachment 1110253View attachment 1110254
just sometime too dry out, but don’t continually do that.. and watch your nitrogen levels it can become really bushy but grow slow- stunted..

SlothofDoom

SlothofDoom

also too much nitrogen will do that too..
which looks more like it.
Just curious, why it looks more like to much nitrogen? Just want to see if I'm wrong about over watering. I posted pics of last night when I first noticed the problem. And I didn't think the plants would start looking better as fast as it did. If a nitrogen problem I want to take care of it now.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok, from each photo, which i’m thinking is the photo, not the plant,
fan leaves look kinda dark for so young and big from having to do a lot of transpiring possibly from a little too much watering.
and good you posted some more pics as i don’t think your feeding to much nitrogen.. some pics made it look glossy..
beyond the jibber jabber.. everything looks good!
it’s so easy to screw up the plant this early in growth, with “over mothering”
that i want you to be successful!

SlothofDoom

SlothofDoom

ok, from each photo, which i’m thinking is the photo, not the plant,
fan leaves look kinda dark for so young and big from having to do a lot of transpiring possibly from a little too much watering.
and good you posted some more pics as i don’t think your feeding to much nitrogen.. some pics made it look glossy..
beyond the jibber jabber.. everything looks good!
it’s so easy to screw up the plant this early in growth, with “over mothering”
that i want you to be successful!
Thanks for the input! Your comment just worried me a little lol. All I thought was what if it was n tox along with over watering. I increased the feeding from 1/4 strength to 1/2 strength as well so very possibly could of been to much n. And I've sort of neglected watching ph levels. So I plan on checking soil ph, I worry the ph in soil may be high. The ph for feeding after mixing everything was just shy of 6. Been using tap water and it reads 7.6 if I remember right. I'll get it dialed in today hopefully. And not sure if I trust my ph meter yet. Was getting different readings after cal on the same cup of water. I also have ph paper and liquid ph test indicator. Feel like I have a lot to do. But now I'm just flapping my jaw lol. Thanks for you help!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok.. not to worry at all!
i’m not your typical ph guy, so i won’t give advice there. also because i grow in a soilless medium with dolomite to keep the ph in range..
don’t know what your feeding, but a half sounds like a lot for a small girl..

SlothofDoom

SlothofDoom

ok.. not to worry at all!
i’m not your typical ph guy, so i won’t give advice there. also because i grow in a soilless medium with dolomite to keep the ph in range..
don’t know what your feeding, but a half sounds like a lot for a small girl..
I want to use coco but started with what was available to me locally to get started so went with happy frog, worm castings, and perlite. And whatever I was able to utilize from my mushroom growing supplies. And I'm regretting feeding that much to the small one. The slightly older plant took to it well. Oh well, learning from experience and so far mushrooms are easier lol. But these plants are more fun. I like a good challenge

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
also you can see some of the leaves look bloated in areas and some odd twisting, from watering too much and the nitrogen..
so you may in time start to see dry spots etc because/probably where the leaf is bloated.. etc..
just some info..
just leave her till next feeding and give a bit less..

SlothofDoom

SlothofDoom

ok, that’s a better picture!
i still think nitrogen is just a touch heavy, just go back to quarter strength and wait till bigger to add more or wait to you see the first signs of needing a little more..
That's the plan. Leave her alone a day or 2 and go from there...

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I want to use coco but started with what was available to me locally to get started so went with happy frog, worm castings, and perlite. And whatever I was able to utilize from my mushroom growing supplies. And I'm regretting feeding that much to the small one. The slightly older plant took to it well. Oh well, learning from experience and so far mushrooms are easier lol. But these plants are more fun. I like a good challenge
ok,she’ll be fine if your not to touchy feely with her,

Top Bottom