Not sure what to do

• Thread starter ColonelSanders
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ColonelSanders

I have two young plants and both have yellowing in the leaves but only the new growth. I looked into it and the best conclusion I have come to with my very limited knowledge is a calcium deficency or iron or magnesium. But I am a novice and really don't know what to do. I do know that it is far from normal and I don't want to lose them or give up and call it quits. And I think I may have mites as well.What will kill them? Are these plants able to be saved? I'm stressing about this and would appreciate any help from someone who knows a bit about both issues. Thanks

Not sure what to do
Not sure what to do 2
Not sure what to do 3
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Welcome to the farm Mr. Chicken. I love your biscuits.

We will need to know a bit more to help.

Is this outdoors?
What is that soil?
How are you watering?
Are you adding any nutrients?

This looks like you have the wrong soil, but wait to hear your answers.

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

I have two young plants and both have yellowing in the leaves but only the new growth. I looked into it and the best conclusion I have come to with my very limited knowledge is a calcium deficency or iron or magnesium. But I am a novice and really don't know what to do. I do know that it is far from normal and I don't want to lose them or give up and call it quits. And I think I may have mites as well.What will kill them? Are these plants able to be saved? I'm stressing about this and would appreciate any help from someone who knows a bit about both issues. Thanks
You first need to get some Diatomaceous Earth, and put a scoop over your soil. Next.. you need to get a good killer for the bugs. I would suggest some Azamax. But really most all in one plant bug killer will do. The Diatomaceous Earth is gonna act like razor blades to bugs. And the killer is gonna.. well.. kill lol
You don't need to kill them, just do these couple things and you will be good to go. Remember.. these plants actually LIKE to be ruffed up. Kill all the pests early and you should have a bunch of growing time ahead of you. :)

C

ColonelSanders

Haha. Nice to meet you and thanks for the response . Yes it is outside.. My soil is just compost from random material from the bottom of a pile of compost about ten years going that mixed with some of local dirt witch is very sandy. I've had better results in the past with certain potting soil. I had a feeling it was not the best but I used it anyway. I was a bit hasty. I water whenever the surface of the soil starts to dry a little. About once a day to every two days depending on the weather. And fed them blood meal one time and have used a 2-2-2 fertilizer twice so far. I know that I'm not going about this right from the get go but I would like to save these plants and start doing this right if it's still possible.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Haha. Nice to meet you and thanks for the response . Yes it is outside.. My soil is just compost from random material from the bottom of a pile of compost about ten years going that mixed with some of local dirt witch is very sandy. I've had better results in the past with certain potting soil. I had a feeling it was not the best but I used it anyway. I was a bit hasty. I water whenever the surface of the soil starts to dry a little. About once a day to every two days depending on the weather. And fed them blood meal one time and have used a 2-2-2 fertilizer twice so far. I know that I'm not going about this right from the get go but I would like to save these plants and start doing this right if it's still possible.
I do not grow outside, nor do I use compost so I'm afraid I cannot be specific other than to say that Cannabis is pretty picky about soil. For example, Miracle Grow will ruin your plants.

I don't think I would be brave enough to just grab a couple shovels of whatever I have around. Let some other outside dirt growers answer, but I think you might be asking too much of this media and it will not work like you want it to.

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

As far as your "Soil", I would get a test kit.. cost ya around 20 bucks or so.. and see what it is you're working with in your dirt substitute there. Then you will see what all it is your plants need. More than likely you will probably need more nutes, but I wouldn't give any until you do the test, or until your plants show you what it is they are deficient in. What you could do for right now and I would suggest it is.. get some worm castings and sprinkle HEAVILY upon them. It will be an organic way to make your compost more soil like to your plants. And since you can't burn your plants with worm castings, be liberal with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom