Not Sure Why So Many Leafs For A Young Plant.

• Thread starter ems3w5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ems3w5

ems3w5

So this is my second grow. I switched to DWC for this one. I currently have two plants growing, that are about 3.5 weeks old, but one (OG underdog) has a lot of leaves growing from it's nodes. If anyone can input if this is normal for this Gene. There's a picture I took last week showing a side view, so you can imagine it's grown more since then. Both plants are under 18/6 and have been since seed. I'm just wondering why so many leaves?

20180703 204804
ems3w5

ems3w5

I agree. OP , that plant is extremely healthy. Whatever program you are running is working fine. I wouldn't mess too much with success. Many people overlove their babies to death.
I agree, this plant is very beautiful. It's just my second grow and had a whole lot more leaves and nodes in just the short height than my first one. Plus a whole different gene. Thanks for the input oldman

Mullpig

Mullpig

I agree, this plant is very beautiful. It's just my second grow and had a whole lot more leaves and nodes in just the short height than my first one. Plus a whole different gene. Thanks for the input oldman
Hey buddy mine are around this height and one is exactly the same.. was only on veg on my led and it seemed to be growing really short, stocky and dense.. I've since switched it to both veg and flower ( buttons on the led ) and I found it to grow a little taller and still stocky.
Running the meizhi 600w led and they seem to be liking it.
I'll upload some pics on lights on

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Light height (and intensity) can play into how much it’ll stretch. The closer the light the less it’ll tend to stretch. I’ve got a buddy that likes his to stretch so he purposely puts his lights further away. I like mine to be tight like yours so I put my lights fairly close and raise them as they grow taller.

ems3w5

ems3w5

Hey buddy mine are around this height and one is exactly the same.. was only on veg on my led and it seemed to be growing really short, stocky and dense.. I've since switched it to both veg and flower ( buttons on the led ) and I found it to grow a little taller and still stocky.
Running the meizhi 600w led and they seem to be liking it.
I'll upload some pics on lights on
Hell yeah, I would like to see them. I had bloom and veg turned on the while time during my first grow. The outcome was pretty good. I just wanted to do something different this time around. Good luck

Mullpig

Mullpig

Hell yeah, I would like to see them. I had bloom and veg turned on the while time during my first grow. The outcome was pretty good. I just wanted to do something different this time around. Good luck
Here are some pics, just reached 5 nodes so I tried the fiming technique. Hope I done it right haha

IMG 0342
IMG 0343
IMG 0344
IMG 0345
mellowd

mellowd

the blue light(veg light) will make it short and bushy, the red one(flower light) will cause it to grow faster and stretch out(from my experience, although different color light affect the plants differently). i have found just leaving both veg and bloom on my light on is best unless its a super expensive kind led or something but i would assume ur still dropping ur wattage by a lot by using just one setting instead of both. You can flower a plant by using certain color lights, so the color can be very important to the growth of your plants. Nothing wrong with what ur doing, so if ur happy with it i wouldnt worry about it.

Mullpig

Mullpig

Few days on, does this fim look right?

IMG 0352
IMG 0360
ems3w5

ems3w5

Here are some pics, just reached 5 nodes so I tried the fiming technique. Hope I done it right haha
I've never fim'ed before so it's hard to say if it's right or wrong. Only time will tell!

ems3w5

ems3w5

Few days on, does this fim look right?
It's hard to tell with the flash bouncing off the plant. Maybe in a week it'll show definitely.
Here I have a strain I mainlined once. And another that I tried a super cropped on. Hopefully the super cropped one shows some gains.

20180725 191342
20180725 191401

Latest posts

Top Bottom