Not your typical first grow

• Thread starter DosMo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DosMo

DosMo

First grow open for comments and pointers.
Currently setting up
10x10 tent
Co2 fed
Doc buds high brix soil grow
56 HLG quantum boards 288rspec
Added far red single diodes
4k LED strips
25gal air pots
24k btu mini split (AC) with dry function
AC Infinity Inlet duct fan with temp humidity control
Self fed ducted humidifier
Ducted dehumidifier

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

First grow open for comments and pointers.
Currently setting up
10x10 tent
Co2 fed
Doc buds high brix soil grow
56 HLG quantum boards 288rspec
Added far red single diodes
4k LED strips
25gal air pots
24k btu mini split (AC) with dry function
AC Infinity Inlet duct fan with temp humidity control
Self fed ducted humidifier
Ducted dehumidifier
Ditch the co2 if your venting.

DosMo

DosMo

1300-1600 is pretty dam high so yeah I can see that. I think your going to have humidity issues or waste a shit ton of co2.
The fan is on a timer, its only going to be on a few short periods of time throughout the day just to pull in little fresh air and not suck out so much co2.
The inlet fan is mounted high and Co2 is heavy so it sinks, im hoping this combination doesnt waste to much co2. Some is definitely expected though

DosMo

DosMo

Why do you need fresh air if you’re running co2?
Idk lol trying something new. My only other experience with co2 was with a buddy. Nugs were great. Just never had much smell or flavor. I read somewhere that the stale air would give almost a root rot smell in the room. Instead of that normal pungent smell we're all used to.
Do you have experience running co2?

CF89

CF89

no I dont but as far as ive read here and was told is that co2 is for fully sealed setups and the whole concept of it totally negates the need for any intake fans or fresh air.

sounds like youre biting off more than you can chew TBH. thats quite the setup for a first grow. might be a bit much.

also, 25 gallon pots?!?! have you seen what can be grown in solo cups?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I just got a CO2 meter and the ambient in my building is 650-700. Goes up to 850-1000 if im in the room just breathing more than 30 mins. That put the closed/open room debate to rest permanently for me. And now I sleep on the floor next to the tents!

🤣🌱

DosMo

DosMo

no I dont but as far as ive read here and was told is that co2 is for fully sealed setups and the whole concept of it totally negates the need for any intake fans or fresh air.

sounds like youre biting off more than you can chew TBH. thats quite the setup for a first grow. might be a bit much.

also, 25 gallon pots?!?! have you seen what can be grown in solo cups?
So a little freah air wouldnt hurt anything at all with very little loss. Ive seen things that read both ways. However most of the info comes from people who have never even tried to run co2.

Not sure what you mean by to much lol but thanks for the concern. Im sure ill be just fine

And yes 25 gal. Its about roots, big roots, big stems, big nugs. Have you seen how big a 10x10 is? Plus im only allowed 5 plants so their really isnt any other way to fill the room without getting severely root bound

DosMo

DosMo

I just got a CO2 meter and the ambient in my building is 650-700. Goes up to 850-1000 if im in the room just breathing more than 30 mins. That put the closed/open room debate to rest permanently for me. And now I sleep on the floor next to the tents!

🤣🌱
Sounds about right. My house stays around 450-600. So fairly low for this situation. What kind of ppfd are you putting out? Just wondering if your using up as much co2 as possible.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think if your gonna run exhaust minimally you will need a dehumidifier and AC. Things will start out ok but once those plants get rolling, I see issues coming

DosMo

DosMo

I think if your gonna run exhaust minimally you will need a dehumidifier and AC. Things will start out ok but once those plants get rolling, I see issues coming
Its called a hybrid room from what ive found. I have a ducted dehumidifier and mini split AC with dry function as well as a ducted humidy controlled inlet fan.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No fertilizer? Pest control? Training plan? Personal experience growing weed?

How about air circulation, odor scrubbing? Heat management? Are the boards on heat sinks?

Seems like a lot of luck needed to grow in a bagged “supersoil” under way high light intensity in huge pots without massive deficiencies then the danger of pests.

And is there a 6 month veg period planned? Filling 25 gallon pots with roots will take a while.

And the nutrients will likely be depleted before then...

Im in to watch. :-)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If running AC, HEAT, DEHUEY with co2 why exchange air? I'm just kinda failing to see the benefit. Maybe once at lights out but I'm not sure what I'm missing

Top Bottom