Nov 14 Seed Drop. 3 Critical Mass In A Small Tent.

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
a veriac is a voltage controller. Better than a fan controller and as you adjust the veriac you use less power. Eg at 50% the fan uses 40 of the 80 watts instead of a cheap controller that always uses 80 watts and interrupts the power to reduce fan speed.

In the picture the red thing is the veriac. It has a dial that shows voltage from 0 to 120. So 12 volts is 1/10th full speed. I love it. And the fan doesn't make that whining noise with a veriac like it does with a fan controller.

I've never had a fan make noise from my multi function fan speed controller. it is always whisper quiet.

It is also temperature probe based. So it adjusts the fan speed via temp feedback. just set your max temp and let it do its thing. heat in the house comes on it speeds up, a/c drops the house temp it slows down. it works tirelessly to maintain temps.

On my kill-a-watt meter it shows the voltage drop if the fan speed drops. you can also adjust the idle speed for when temps dip below your setpoint.

Can also have it shut off completely if the temps in the tent drop below 10° of the setpoint. which in turn can help hold in heat for a temp rise before it kicks back on (good for colder environments). very nice unit.

http://www.titancontrols.net/shop/p...eed-controller_1?categoryId=titan-ventilation

I think the problem is that you've experienced only "cheap fan speed controllers"

I'm not a fan of how the variac has only one set speed. so if the temperature of the environment changes you have to manually adjust it based on the day.
Its strong point is like you said you can adjust the voltage very precisely. Just one setting of your choice. a nice unit for sure.

Each choice has its pros and cons.

Last edited:
gwheels

gwheels

I did mean cheap fan controllers I will add this fancy controller to the wish list I love that idea

gwheels

gwheels

And later today I am going to chop. I am at 10 to 20% amber trichs on the colas and that is good enough for me. The buds i chopped on Sunday are smoking well. I will decide if i wet trim some or just hang it and dry it and figure it out next Saturday.

Critical mass is a 6 to 8 week strain and these were flipped to 12 12 on Jan 1.

If I had the spot i would just harvest the tops and leave all of the bottom stuff for another week. That is another reason a flower room and a dryer will make things a lot easier to manage.

DSCF09631
Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I like this small tent you are working in.

I like the concept that even someone with a tiny amount of room can still set up a micro tent and grow some plants.

I just pulled out my old micro tent 1.5'L×2'W×3'T along with some old equipment from when it was last used. mixed in with a few new items to replace some of the items that were given away to help others.

But it's a fairly similar setup to what you have. just smaller tent & T5-HO lighting.

I'll be using it for some cacti.
I gotta finish the setup today.

Medigrow

Medigrow

And later today I am going to chop. I am at 10 to 20% amber trichs on the colas and that is good enough for me. The buds i chopped on Sunday are smoking well. I will decide if i wet trim some or just hang it and dry it and figure it out next Saturday.

Critical mass is a 6 to 8 week strain and these were flipped to 12 12 on Jan 1.

If I had the spot i would just harvest the tops and leave all of the bottom stuff for another week. That is another reason a flower room and a dryer will make things a lot easier to manage.

So? :P How was the trimming?

gwheels

gwheels

Buds were dry enough to trim this morning. We are harvested. Currently they are chilling out in my bud keeper and then i will put them in 1 quart mason jars (and a couple of 1 cup jars for personal). I will run the ardent decarb machine today with all of the larfy stuff and make coconut oil with it.
The final tally
Awesome top buds...aka gwheels personal stash...136 grams
Mid level bods..equally awesome just not as impressive...72 grams
Larfy weird buds that will be used for cocobutter 67 grams

Total weight of good smokeable 208 grams 7 1/2 oz plus the larf.

That is just over a gram a watt in a tiny space so I think that is pretty damned great.

What i learned...
Critical mass can grow bigger. It could have really used lollypopping to make the top colas bigger.
A very easy trimming strain. Low leaf to bud ratio and that is pretty good. I trimmed it all in a couple of hours and i cant find my fiskars so i had to use cheapos.
It is a great Indica heavy strain (80/20) but wicked dry mouth eh. Have some mints or something...
Very dank aroma. And both plants taste different. One got more skunk traits than the other and both smoke good.
The timber 2VL is a rockstar. A 100% no regrets light and those are the best kind to buy

Critmassdone
Cmlegalharvest1
gwheels

gwheels

For the next endevaor....i am infusing 1/2 cup of clarified butter with 7 grams of decarbed bud (all in the Nova Lift). and 1/2 cup using extra virgin olive oil. I had both handy so thats what is going on. Both are also getting 1/2 tsp of sunflower lethicin.

According to my math it should be about 50mg thc per tsp. I will see how it bakes the senses later....

gwheels

gwheels

And then i spilled the butter on the counter that i just washed....i couldnt pick it up so i used a piece of bread and then i ate the damned thing.....
I would guess it was 4 teaspoons maybe 6 but it tasted pretty good soaked into the bread...
2 hours from now i may feel it was not so good but i doubt it.....tastes better than eating whole buds ! And I do love a good edible brain bake.

gwheels

gwheels

Well that ardent is the best investment in processing I have ever made. The oil is fantastic. Stronger than the coconut oil was and more efficient. And for me a half cup at a time works.

It is STRONG. I like it that way. I am pretty sure it is the strongest oil i have ever made. It will make killer gummy candy.

Wait til i save up a quarter of kief and run that with some avocado oil :smoking:

gwheels

gwheels

The Ardent Lift is going to get a workout today. 2 oz of larf buds and 1 oz of the good stuff getting decarbed. I am going out to get some avacado and coconut oil so i can see which oil works the best.
Olive oil...tastes like shit. But if i were to use a drizzle on bruschetta or make pasta with it i think it would be great.
The clarifried butter well that is a winner. It tastes better than regular butter and this can go on popcorn. Gwheels only get your hands off popcorn.

20190309 0631081
gwheels

gwheels

2nd batch is decarbing. The first batch ended up 18 grams ground in a coffee gridner and i put it in these measuring cups (2.47 each at Zehrs) that fit in the ardent.

9 grams in 120 ml. If it measured 15% (and i think its higher) and i get 90% transfer into the oil it will be 1350mg total or 56mg per teaspoon (5ml) or 2.8mg per drop of oil
I just had an english muffin with a tablespoon of butter which is about 150mg of that butter and it is fantastic. I should feel it right good in 2 hours and it will cruise for 4 after that.
And i dont have to eat an 8 x 8 brownie.

20190309 095207
20190309 094441
gwheels

gwheels

If you are going to buy something for edibles just get the ardent. You need no other appliance. and a couple of those measuring cups. They sell a silicone sleeve for 20 bucks USD and i might get that but these were at the grocery store.
I have a rosin press as well but i will sell it with my magical butter machine. I like vaping or smoking well cured herb and proper strong edibles. Rosin is a new hobby and i have enough with the grow room 2.0

And without this forum i would have never spent the dough on that ardent. And it is literally the best money i have spent for a secondary use for me.

Your mileage may vary.

gwheels

gwheels

So that ardent and the oil....avocado is the way to go...it is stupid strong.

I love it. From onset to passout was 6 hours and it was still trucking. Amazingly efficient and wonderful. I will try to ram a half in that cup but 9 grams per 120 mil is pretty damed spot on.

My problem is i had a tablespoon and then later i thought did i have a tablespoon and then i had a tablespoon.
Supper is in the instant pot and i dont have to go anywhere.....and that tingle tells me i did that tablespoon twice.

I love growing my own and not giving a shit about how much i ram in the decarboxolator

Because i like that buzz way more than vaping or smoking.

And i have 4 half cup mason jars full of crazy strong....And I have 6 oz of sparkly buds in my bud keeper. :D

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So that ardent and the oil....avocado is the way to go...it is stupid strong.

I love it. From onset to passout was 6 hours and it was still trucking. Amazingly efficient and wonderful. I will try to ram a half in that cup but 9 grams per 120 mil is pretty damed spot on.

My problem is i had a tablespoon and then later i thought did i have a tablespoon and then i had a tablespoon.
Supper is in the instant pot and i dont have to go anywhere.....and that tingle tells me i did that tablespoon twice.

I love growing my own and not giving a shit about how much i ram in the decarboxolator

Because i like that buzz way more than vaping or smoking.

And i have 4 half cup mason jars full of crazy strong....And I have 6 oz of sparkly buds in my bud keeper. :D

That should hold you for a few days.;-)

Top Bottom