Novice Grow Room Questions?1??

• Thread starter Aquagrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Aquagrow

Using a room measuring 11'8 X 4'9 @6'7 in height...going to use mylar sheeting...Questions are, My cubic volume is 57.82 and I will want to remove this volume 3 times per minute =173.46 cfm...is this the correct size exhaust I will need or a 360 meter per/hour? Also what size intake and exhaust do I need??? I planned on getting either 2 or 3 1,000 watt hps and 2 or 3 1,000 watt mh bulbs and switch up with a conversion ballast. Can you run more than one bulb off a ballast and is a total of 2,000 or 3,000 watts better for room size minus walking space of course and how many plants 25-30? for this space? I'll probly get an indica sativa hybrid. Umm I plan on venting outside with a "dummy" ac unit gutted and I guess put in a few passive vents...I also plan on using a perlite/coconut mix and maybe doing a drip line feed. How big of a resevoir will I need and what size pots. Also should I hang th bulbs vertically or get hoods and vent them???? I need a little guidance any advicewill be much appreciated. Oh and one more thing..when you duct the hoods, do you duct the room seperately or is that your total exhaust?

pokey

pokey

wow you got alot of questions dude.......well. i would go with to 1000 what lights 16 to 20 plants under each but have one side mh and one side hps and have a constant flow of clones and bud. you get one ballast and one bulb you cant run two of of one ballast.use a carbon filter if your venting outside.youll need about a 60L resevoir a side and if you can use reflectors that allow you to run ducting to them and cool the bulb and thats your total exhaust for the room.......your gonna need some money:)

D

doco

Your volume is more like 387+ cubic ft (your 57.82 x 6.7 height)

L

lightmeup

research time?

It sounds like you have some reading to do first before you get started. I would suggest you check out Cervantes' "Marijuana Horticulture." It helped me out a lot.

Peace...:mysterymachine:

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Lot's of reading and lots of learning. Do any of the new guys ever spend ANY time reading the grow log section. Most all your questions can be ansewered there.

Oh yea, your math is way off from the start, your grow room is well over 350 cubic feet.

jj

A

Aquagrow

this is a post I wrote awhile ago and since then did much research and reading. I just about finished my grow-room and am eager to garden. Thanks for the replies.

:bandit

Top Bottom