Novice grower seeking directions to the finish line -

• Thread starter homestead67
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
homestead67

homestead67

Hello,

I have a couple of noob questions and hope to get some more great advice. Here are the facts of my grow. Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Grown from seed. 2 - Delicious Seeds, Marmalate. Flowering time 50-55 days
2. Plants on day 51 of flower or from 12/12 light switch. (Vegged 7 weeks)
3. 5 gallon fabric pots -Fox Farms potting soil
4. Water around once a week or when dry with 1.5 galllons of water per pot. 25ml added per 5 gallons -pH 6.2 -6.5.
5. used dry amendment fertilizers.
a. Rainbow Mix Pro Grow 8-6-3
b. Dr. Earth Flower Girl 3-9-4
6. MarsHydro TSW2000 LED grow lights. about 300 actual watts @ 20"
7. Temp and Humidity Lights out 65F 45%RH Lights On 72F 50%RH

Here are photos of my plants from a couple days ago and of their Trichomes from 13 hours ago.

First, If these two plants are supposed to finish in 50 to 55 days, is it possible the trichome's could turn cloudy abruptly over the next 2-5 days, overnight? Or is it a longer, gradual process?

Next, Judging from my photo's, how much longer do you think until the trichomes go cloudy? I have this coming Monday and Tuesday off from work to harvest and hope they are ready by then. For fun, it's supposed to be -20 air temp Monday morning and I thought it would be awesome to chop down a plant while the thermometer read that, considering I have been growing in an out building.

Last, I notice they can use some water as early as right now. How much water would I give them tomorrow, in order for them to not look sad and under watered? I don't want their pots and soil heavy and full of water at harvest time, right? Maybe they need the usual 1.5 gallons and won't need harvesting for 1 or 2 more weeks? Who knows.

Once again...newbie stuff. Here are the pics, please let me know what you think of them too! Thanks!

FEB 07

20210207 122531

20210207 122603

20210207 122550

FEB 09

20210209 181521

20210209 181530

20210211 091659

PLANTS FROM A FAR

20210209 181506

TRICHOMES FROM SAME BUDS FEB 11. 13 HOURS AGO....

Image 2021 02 11 09 12 10 352

Image 2021 02 11 09 12 14 847

Image 2021 02 11 09 12 20 071

Image 2021 02 11 09 12 38 008

Image 2021 02 11 09 12 44 592

Thanks for reading my post!!
CALMAG
Earth Juice
CALMAG
Earth Juice
CALMAG
Earth Juice
CALMAG
Earth Juice
CALMAG
Earth Juice
CALMAG
Earth Juice
Happy Frog

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'd say these gonna finish pretty close to on time which ya don't see often. Only look at trichs on the caylx not the leaves and look at buds on varying heights.

They are in the window of harvest... I would look at some mid/lower buds.

They pretty much stop drinking I assume?

I'd say anywhere from now to 5 days and your good but that's just me.

homestead67

homestead67

I'd say these gonna finish pretty close to on time which ya don't see often. Only look at trichs on the caylx not the leaves and look at buds on varying heights.

They are in the window of harvest... I would look at some mid/lower buds.

They pretty much stop drinking I assume?

I'd say anywhere from now to 5 days and your good but that's just me.

Could you please point out where or what the caylx is on one of my photos -if pictured.

Their drinking...all the fan leaves are currently sagging as the plant is in need of water. If I were to harvest in 3 days, should I water today with the usual 1.5 gallons or use less since I'll be cutting it down? Maybe none? Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

homestead67

homestead67

Considered 48 hours darkness before chop?
I have but these two plants have 2 other roommates who are not close to being done. I could move the plants to darkness for 2 days but would not be able to keep above 55 degrees.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Could you please point out where or what the caylx is on one of my photos -if pictured.

Their drinking...all the fan leaves are currently sagging as the plant is in need of water. If I were to harvest in 3 days, should I water today with the usual 1.5 gallons or use less since I'll be cutting it down? Maybe none? Thank you very much for sharing your experience.
If she's thirsty, give minimal water, not your usual 1.5 gallons. Just enough so that she don't die on ya before you're ready to bring her down.

homestead67

homestead67

If she's thirsty, give minimal water, not your usual 1.5 gallons. Just enough so that she don't die on ya before you're ready to bring her down.
Common sense was telling the same thing man. Just wanted to be sure. Thanks!

homestead67

homestead67

Trichomes say their done to me but there's very little fade.
I am totally using the faded trichome method before harvest. You say they have little fade -is it possible they could be faded by the morning? How many days from fade could you estimate? Is that possible?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I am totally using the faded trichome method before harvest. You say they have little fade -is it possible they could be faded by the morning? How many days from fade could you estimate? Is that possible?
He was referring to the leafs. The plant itself hasn't turned pretty colors and started its fall die off, but that isn't always a guaranteed thing to happen.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I think he means the leaves. In my experience, a nice fade from green to fall colors like yellow, purple, and red mean a smoother smoke.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Not necessarily talking fall colours, just the natural fade to using up reserves.

Screenshot 20210212 110537 Samsung Internet
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Ok, you say reserves. Would it be possible I don't see much color loss in the nutrient department because of the dry amended soil? Thanks for explaining the leaf fades. ha.
I dont see why that should make a difference

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Yea the purpling could be part of it. I've had the sister of a group of four plants under the ac show more color than the other 3

I just commented because the trichomes say done but the plant itself just dosen't look finished to me.

homestead67

homestead67

Hello again.

Posting some pictures of my plant 10 days after the above photos were taken. So far -I have noticed the "fade" and "fall colors"! The leaves went purple and almost black veiny on orange. Reminded me of the alien hand in the film District 9.

I still don't know wtf I am doing or when I am going to harvest. I feel like I'll let them go too long and that's how I will learn. Sorry for the crappy trichome pictures -I aggravated then injured my back again and am having a hard time bending and twisting to get that good picture. (It's making the garden care difficult too)

Looking for feedback on the ripeness of this plant. Breeder's documents say this strain flowers 50-55 days. Today is day 60 since I switched the light schedule.

These pictures are all 15 hours old as I post this. Thank you all for your help and advice!

006 1

Alien hand

Latest posts

Top Bottom