Now what in the hell is going on?

• Thread starter Oilcan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Oilcan

This is my auto gorilla glue. I ended up chopping early due to mold on some buds. I carefully inspected as I chopped up and did some bud washing before hanging. 7 days I was starting to trim and noticed these brown sacks on bottom of the buds. Am I dealing with mold and just toss. Anyone have any idea . Thanks

Now what in the hell is going on
nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Those look like bud rot on two swollen calyxes that were probably pre flowers. If you remove them and the rest of the bud is ok, then you’re probably fine.

G

Glomus

The buds with it break them down in to smaller ones and cut out the rot completely. check the color of the stems, sometimes the rot can be inside the buds and hard to catch.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Same as the others bud, you got some Bud Rot đź«Ł

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

How bad do you want to get high?

What Happens To Your Body When Smoking Moldy Weed

If you’re a regular cannabis consumer, it’s important that you’re aware of the risks that go along with smoking or vaping moldy weed – especially if you reside in a state without legal access, or don’t know your cannabis farmer on a personal level.

Perhaps one of the most unnerving details about what happens when you smoke moldy weed is that it affects consumers differently, depending on your body, health, atmosphere, and a number of other indicators.

If you’re an overall healthy person, moldy weed likely won’t pose any massive threat to your wellbeing – but you’ll probably still experience unpleasant symptoms like excessive coughing, wheezing, lung irritation, or nausea, and you’re definitely still at risk to experience life-threatening symptoms.

On the other hand, if you’re immunocompromised, have pre-existing issues with your lungs, or, most dangerously, are allergic to mold, smoking moldy weed can have very serious health consequences for you.

However differently it may affect consumer to consumer, there’s no denying that smoking or vaping moldy weed is overall dangerous, unhealthy, and should be avoided at all costs. Here are some of the dangers you may incur if you happen to smoke moldy weed:

• Sinus Pain/Congestion:
Inhaling mold will likely result in sinus pain or congestion, and even more so if you are allergic to mold. In some extreme cases, this may result in a persistent sinus infection.

• Fatigue/Muscle Weakness:
This can be tricky to identify, since many strains of cannabis usually result in consumers feeling physically tired or sleepy – especially if you’re consuming large amounts.

However, only you know your body, and if you’re experiencing a form of fatigue or weakness that you’re unfamiliar with, this might be from smoking moldy or otherwise contaminated cannabis.

• Brain Fog:
Another unsavory side effect of inhaling mold is brain fog. Again, this can be a little tricky to identify, since high amounts of THC can result in consumers feeling a bit “foggy.”

However, there’s a noticeable difference between THC-fueled fogginess and actual brain fog, which can leave you feeling confused, disoriented, or at a loss for words.

• Persistent Coughing:
Okay...I know. Tricky to identify, right? Especially if you’re a newer consumer who coughs your lungs out every time you take a hit. However, if the coughing persists for some time after inhalation or is painful, this is a sign that something may be wrong.

• Chest Pain:
Again, if you’re coughing so hard and persistently that it’s painful, or you feel general pain or pressure in your chest after consuming, you may be a victim of moldy weed.

• Fever:
This only happens in rare, extreme cases, but if you believe you might have smoked moldy weed and you have a fever, you should see a doctor immediately.

• Mold Balls:
This also only happens in rare cases, but it is the worst reaction your body can have to moldy weed.

If you aren’t careful, or are consuming large amounts of moldy weed, the fungal spores you inhale can snowball in your lungs, resulting in mold balls that you’ll likely need surgery to remove. This can lead to serious cases of pneumonia, and even be deadly.

O

Oilcan

Trash it is., unfortunately i have already dried it and was getting ready to trim when I noticed these areas. Thanks for all the feedback

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Trash it is., unfortunately i have already dried it and was getting ready to trim when I noticed these areas. Thanks for all the feedback
I'm sorry this happened, but I really think you are making the right call.

One of the consumers in my little world went to the hospital for this. It was not fun. With all the crap that can take you out in this world, purposefully putting yourself at risk makes no sense to me.

health > high.

Top Bottom