Nursing cutting back to health

• Thread starter Beowuuulf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

Hello farmers

In my situation, I have these unrooted cuttings which are very important to me.. my questions are...

should I use a humidity dome or have any light at this point?

I'm going to keep in cup of water for 1 day then put in cubes with hormone and into hydro cloner..

Nursing cutting back to health
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Man I've never tried it on cuts that far gone, but I'd like to see you succeed.

I think the first step is to get them drinking. That is going to be based on respiration (VPD) lighting, and temp. What controls do you have for this, or is it just humidity dome or not?

I think there is enough there to bring them back.

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

Man I've never tried it on cuts that far gone, but I'd like to see you succeed.

I think the first step is to get them drinking. That is going to be based on respiration (VPD) lighting, and temp. What controls do you have for this, or is it just humidity dome or not?

I think there is enough there to bring them back.

Thanks for your quick reply, I have all the vpd controls ready to set up, will get the environment going now

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

OK, so what we need ASAP is that the undifferentiated cells in the stalk where cut become roots, like yesterday. Without that, you are looking at slow decline like if you put a cut rose in a vase.

What do you have for rooting hormones handy?

Low light, high RH very low or no nutes but water PH'ed to 5.8 for day one is what I would do.

You will want to change the water often on this because dissolved O2 will not be actively replaced. Roots need it to develop.

If the cut is at all mushy or dark, I'd probably make a new cut a little higher on the stem (stay sterile when you do this as best you can) and immediately dab it in rooting hormone before putting it back in the water.

No air movement necessary at this stage, you have 100X more leaf material than you have ability to feed it since no roots.

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

OK, so what we need ASAP is that the undifferentiated cells in the stalk where cut become roots, like yesterday. Without that, you are looking at slow decline like if you put a cut rose in a vase.

What do you have for rooting hormones handy?

Low light, high RH very low or no nutes but water PH'ed to 5.8 for day one is what I would do.

You will want to change the water often on this because dissolved O2 will not be actively replaced. Roots need it to develop.

If the cut is at all mushy or dark, I'd probably make a new cut a little higher on the stem (stay sterile when you do this as best you can) and immediately dab it in rooting hormone before putting it back in the water.

No air movement necessary at this stage, you have 100X more leaf material than you have ability to feed it since no roots.

I set up the automation to keep 78f 70% rh, cut new root sites and dipped 0.1IBA root powder from promix, back into PH 6.0 water , hopefully these rebound

20220804 143124
Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Best of luck, but they may be beyond the permanent wilting point.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

If so I may have to look Into exactly how to do a tissue culture
These must be some really important cuts.

I've never done TC on anything that looked like that. I don't think that I would be successful. Hopefully you see some signs of recovery in the next day.

Are the leaves crunchy?

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

These must be some really important cuts.

I've never done TC on anything that looked like that. I don't think that I would be successful. Hopefully you see some signs of recovery in the next day.

Are the leaves crunchy?

Not crunchy, still has moisture but very limp. Might order some agar plates and give a piece of leaf a go while they recover anyway.. will keep updated

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

They're in the cloner now and did not perk up at all with the water, I reckon they've died but I'll try for some zombies

20220805 204811

Latest posts

Top Bottom