Nute Burn \ Lockout?

• Thread starter FFSmasher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FFSmasher

Hello, first grow here, looking for some advice. When I talk about PPM i'm always using the 7 scale.

Setup:
3x3x6 tent
315 LEC light
1x 4 inch extractor fan w/ carbon filter
2x small fans one at base blowing at pots\roots (next to passive air intake), one above blowing above plants
3 Gallon fabric pots (generic smart pots)

Plants
1x Fast Buds Gorilla Glue Feminized Auto
2x Dinafem Sour Diesel Feminized Auto

Medium:
70% Coco 30% Perlite. This was brick coco which I through rinsed prior to use. The starting PPM was about 1500, washed until slurry test read about 300

Nutes:
Nectar for the gods - Bloom Khaos (folar feed) is missing from this picture. That is the only other additive I've used
Feed chart

MISC Info:
Lights have been kept between 18 and 24 inches away. They are currently about 24 inches away.

I'm LST'ing these to the best of my ability.

Temps have been pretty consistent between 70 and 80 Fahrenheit, RH was lower around 35 during early veg after transplanting. I put a bowl of water in front of my intake fan and also the weather has helps keep the RH around 55 consistently for the past month.

Here's my not so great log

9-13 - Planted

10-19thish - Pre-Flowered about 5 weeks

10-27 - fed full strength late flowering nutes

10-29 - noticed burn tips of pistils and purple fan leaf stems after switching to full flower nutes. The nutes were @ 1230 PPM (7 scale)

10-30 Tested run off of all 3 plants, all came out at around 1350

flushed with 6.1 PH / 130 PPM(7 scale) water. Ran about 2.3 gallons per plant

10-31 - Flushed w/ tap then w/ 1/5th nute water. PH runoff was high around 7, flushed with PH 6 water, runoff at 6.6 ppm @ 320ish

11-1 - Nutes mixed @ ~33% strength. PH 5.8, PPM 650.

Ran about two gallons through. Runoff PH was 6.2 and the PPM was about 650

Now for the pics

Nute burn  lockout

Pistol burn 2

You can notice a purple fan leaf steam in these two below

Image5

Pistol burn 3

Pistol burn

Yellowing

F

FFSmasher

Found what looks to be a great resource, google "Unofficial NFTG Growers Bible" if you're interested...

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Need to dial the watering. I would drop the ph to 5.8-6.0 (max) with coco. If you are getting buildup in coco you arent watering enough. It's not soil.

bunkerking

bunkerking

You need to bump Demeters. Looks like Mag def. That chart is for soil.
I couldnt ever manage to get enough mag running NFTG and coco.
Hope you can.

How did they turn out?

Top Bottom