Nute burn or cal mag

• Thread starter TrichomeHunter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichomeHunter

TrichomeHunter

Hello I'm in week 5 heading into week 6 with these Bruce Banner. I recently changed a few variables in my grow recently. The first is a ramped up my feedings from 4 a day to 6 a day. (Gradually over a week) and introduced Cha Ching from FF towards the end of the reservoir life (3 days to nute change) to ween them into the change. Other than slight tip burn and what appears to be cal mag deficiency which I don't understand because cal mag is def present In the mix. Do these look healthy or should I dial back on nutes?
Nute burn or cal mag
Nute burn or cal mag 2

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I would dial the EC of your feed back a little and maybe even raise your lights a little bit until you get a handle of whats going on. What are you growing in? What kind of lights and height from canopy? What are you feeding them? Temps/Humidity?

TrichomeHunter

TrichomeHunter

Lights avg 950 to 1k par sf2000 18"
Ff trio, monster bloom, cha ching, cal mag, h202. Note the ppm is about 1020 and ec is around 2.1-2.2 cha ching was added last night as a supplement until full nute change in 2 days. Water temperature stays around 65 f. Temps stay between 65 and 72° with an avg rh of 40 to 52%

TrichomeHunter

TrichomeHunter

Oh an I'm running an ebb and flow with lyca. As well as an airstone in the res to increase oxygen intake due to increased feedings

jguit

jguit

Supporter
In my experience, your ppfd is getting close to the upper limits of a grow without supplimental Co2 and this is with everything else being perfect.

I don't have any experience with ebb and flow but the concepts are all the same. Your EC sounds kinda high. Is your reservoir EC rising or falling? pH?

Sounds like this can be a problem of too much light and feeding too heavy.

Might want to raise your ambient temps a bit as well. LEDs tend to work better with a little more heat. Perhaps try to get lights on temps to around 80 or so.

TrichomeHunter

TrichomeHunter

My ec does go higher than normal while ppm stays within 10 daily. I have a cheap ppm/ec meter so I try and base it off response to known variables. The PH is on and stays on point. And I have added co2 but it's a generic yeast sugar baking soda generator attached to my fan.

Think I may just skip the worry and waste the res solution and start a fresh one. Just hate to waste good money.

I'll raise my lights a bit too. Maybe to a 900 avg par

Top Bottom