Nute Burn or Deficiency Problem?

• Thread starter NDfarmboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NDfarmboy

Hi All,
I am new to the forum. I've been growing several varieties indoors successfully for quite a while. I've got two plants side-by side in the grow area. Both in the flowering room for about 4 weeks. One is perfect (Acapulco Gold), but the other (8 Ball Kush) is struggling with splotchy leaves in many areas of the plant from bottom to top. Some of the leaves are drying up on the ends. I use Ocean Forest soil and fertilize with the best Fox Farms Grow Bid and Big Bloom. The plants are in fabric pots. I am careful to provide Ph between 6.2 and 6.6 when watering. I've fertilized once during veg stage and twice during flowering. Light stress does not seem likely. So I think I've over fertilized or the plant is in need of some additional nutes (sometimes tough to tell the difference).
This grow has got me frustrated. Any ideas???
8 ball kushjpg
Afflicted leavesjpg

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Looking at the first picture, I have to wonder if this is some kind of pest. Have you scoped the bottoms of the leaves?

It's also a little odd (for a deficiency/lockout symptom) that the dead leaf tissue is around the veins in the top leaf, and between veins in the one on the bottom. It's definitely not nute burn.

N

NDfarmboy

Thanks. I'll check for bugs. But the plant is in very close quarters with the other plant (leaves touching and intermingled) and zero issues with that one. If no bugs, I think I'll give it a good dose of fertilizer with micro nutes. Maybe that'll do some good. Appreciate your input.

visajoe1

visajoe1

We dont need calmag in soil, ever. Unless using RO, and if doing so, stop that, unless tap is unusable.

You said the plant was only fed 3 times during entire grow? This is the problem right here, their isnt much food left in the soil. If any.

Give them a full strength feed around 3ec, with plenty of runoff. You will be able to salvage the grow and finish it, but yield is gonna take a hit.

After this feed 1.5-2ec with occasional water mixed in at the end

N

NDfarmboy

Thanks for that advice. I've grown for years but never paid attention to the ec (only ph). Nor do I have a meter. I will take this information into account and make the required adjustments. I'm on a life saving mission!

Top Bottom