Nute Burn?

• Thread starter hydro8139
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hydro8139

hydro8139

Plants are 2 weeks old (clones). Ph set to 5.6 it typically tales a day or 2 after a water change to get on stable asumming because they are young and nutes effect ph if I add ph down at same time of nutes ph goes way down then rises so I started adding nutes then slowly adding ph down every cpl hrs till ita where I want it. At first I thought it was ph imbalance but it's been 5.6 pretty constantly now so I'm wondering nutw burn? Ppms are in the 700s..3-400 in cloning solution.. Other than the tips and spot plant are very healthy roots look amazing for only 2 weeks
Nute burn
Nute burn 2

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hmmm, looks like a mystery, i would cut those shitty tips off and continue as you have, considering the roots are so healthy and new top growth is moving along fine..... but im not that knowledgable about hydro ..

hydro8139

hydro8139

Hmmm, looks like a mystery, i would cut those shitty tips off and continue as you have, considering the roots are so healthy and new top growth is moving along fine..... but im not that knowledgable about hydro ..
Ill try that

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

defitnely burned,im saying your method here ,with the ph down,another thing those clones look like there reveging might be wrong but do look it in one pic,so you could be dealing with transitioning also,jmo probally not worth much

hydro8139

hydro8139

defitnely burned,im saying your method here ,with the ph down,another thing those clones look like there reveging might be wrong but do look it in one pic,so you could be dealing with transitioning also,jmo probally not worth much
What do you mean reveging? Also what do you reccomend on getting PH right

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

first off with a 2 week old clone ,i would feed them the same 400 ppm,you havent mentioned water source yet,so let say your using ro water,first 150 ppm cal mag then the rest nutrients,one of your nutrients are dropping your ph,which one?once you find that out use it for ph down instead of ph down if you dig,,take a glass and fill with water and see which bottle you have thats dropping your ph,use it instead of the normal ph down bottled stuff,same can go for rising your ph silica can do that and not much of it at that.
i dont have a full view of plants or roots to tell you what you should be using,so really cant say how much ec you should be running,im suggesting the above just off the 2 week life span you mention,adding a bunch of ph down and the way you are doing it isnt good,check your temp of solution in buckets what is it running ,the spike might come from there if you feel me

hydro8139

hydro8139

first off with a 2 week old clone ,i would feed them the same 400 ppm,you havent mentioned water source yet,so let say your using ro water,first 150 ppm cal mag then the rest nutrients,one of your nutrients are dropping your ph,which one?once you find that out use it for ph down instead of ph down if you dig,,take a glass and fill with water and see which bottle you have thats dropping your ph,use it instead of the normal ph down bottled stuff,same can go for rising your ph silica can do that and not much of it at that.
i dont have a full view of plants or roots to tell you what you should be using,so really cant say how much ec you should be running,im suggesting the above just off the 2 week life span you mention,adding a bunch of ph down and the way you are doing it isnt good,check your temp of solution in buckets what is it running ,the spike might come from there if you feel me
Its RO water. 80 ppm start or so.. Why do you say something is dropping my ph? Only time i see really low ph is when i pre mix the ph down with Nutes.. With all my nutes and no ph down it goes to around 6.5. What option at that point do I have except on down?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Sometime my girls get spotty or crispy and then grow themselves out of it....
I used to get crazy and try and tackle each issue with a fix, and many times messing it up more....
But i grow in pro mix mostly, and i think occasionaly there are hotspots due to my own making, the plants react, and in a week or 2 recover....
Of course if any issue gets worse you need to tackle it, but sometimes i wait till next 1 or 2 leaf sets pop up to show me my direction

Otherwise ( and im not referring to you ) newbies just go from bad to worse and possible total destruction with fast fixes.....

Its risky and you can lose time, but if i get frustrated i just do nothing but observe , tweak a little....

Also, i think oldskol offered excellent advice about ph issues

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

There are a few different strains there ?
One in front looks quite sativa ?
And the one behind is not burnt ?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Its RO water. 80 ppm start or so.. Why do you say something is dropping my ph? Only time i see really low ph is when i pre mix the ph down with Nutes.. With all my nutes and no ph down it goes to around 6.5. What option at that point do I have except on down?
RO water with 80ppm to start?

Top Bottom