Nute Burn

• Thread starter reddwarf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I guess what I'm trying to figure out is. It looks like to me, if you never let the water come gush from the bottom of the plant from watering, it just seems like to me that all the nutes would stay in the pot and you would have some type of over load and burn the plant after all the feeding of the life of the plant. It seems as though the plant would not be able to digest all of it. Am I wrong. I guess I'm thinking too much about it. Seems as though I might do better feeding one time and then the next with just water and leaving the nutes out of ever other watering. Have you ever tried that?
In veg it is a bit of a difficult read. I always go by the weight of the pot as far as nutrients and flushing. I feel it is appropriate to flush occasionally during vegative state of the plant. But not as much than when in flower. Many more nutrients are introduced into the medium when in flower.

sixstring

sixstring

If the plant is firing on all cylinders and you are not feeding too much,it uses the nutes daily to make more cells,leaves and roots.if your over feeding and letting the soil get too dry,yes nutes/salts will build up in the soil and eventually you start to see issues.so it's a balancing act between the plants age,nutes strength and environment condition.my rooms run hot n dry and high co2 and my feeds are fairly light compared to alot of pot farmers.and my chem fed plants do get water only days,if I see things a bit too green I'll do plain water once and go back to my schedule.but you won't see me hit my stuff with 1500ppm during flower,ever.i feed between 500 and 850 depending on age and health.in veg I never go above 600 even on a 12 to 14 week veg. Just some more shit to confuse you lol

reddwarf

reddwarf

If the plant is firing on all cylinders and you are not feeding too much,it uses the nutes daily to make more cells,leaves and roots.if your over feeding and letting the soil get too dry,yes nutes/salts will build up in the soil and eventually you start to see issues.so it's a balancing act between the plants age,nutes strength and environment condition.my rooms run hot n dry and high co2 and my feeds are fairly light compared to alot of pot farmers.and my chem fed plants do get water only days,if I see things a bit too green I'll do plain water once and go back to my schedule.but you won't see me hit my stuff with 1500ppm during flower,ever.i feed between 500 and 850 depending on age and health.in veg I never go above 600 even on a 12 to 14 week veg. Just some more shit to confuse you lol
No actually that helps me big time. Thank you for the info. What do you mean by too green. I'm assuming a dark dark green.Can you show me a picture of this?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
So the concept in your mind over feeding and not letting anything run off, isn’t off. Many do this and fail.
Yes nutes stack over time, it’s whybwe have figured out over time, that 1: never follow the full strength on mfg, half strength, see what your plants do, every grow is different and there isn’t a “dialed in” true method. One has to figure this out. . True plants should uptake what you feed, but many factors prohibit this. Plant life stage, media, environment, lighting etc. it’s why go half and then as you learn what and how the reactions are you can “dial that in”.
2: feed , water, water, water, water, water, feed. That’s the tried and true method 1x feed for every 5 watering and or like I said, “once dialed in” you will know what works( for you).
3: flushing. There is controversy here but point to note, if you mess up, it’s works. But isn’t a cure all. In soil the build up is extremely hard to remove without some sort of amendment and or partial repot.
4: ph , though not a killer but very important nevertheless that every grower , Check the ph, AFTER the nutrient is mixed and before added, adjust the ph before you feed. Same for the watering cycle, though most tap water would work, provided the media has adequate amendments that will counter the additional load of higher ph water.
Lessons learned , tldr. Version
Learn your nutrient, the guy behind the counter isn’t your best solution, they sell products.
Use half to start, up as u learn
Feed vs water, 1-5ratio is the safest
Get run off every time, vacuum that up, and or Re-use , some soak it up and toss or re-water with it
Check ph, before feeding/ watering
Check runoff pH , and this tell you what your soil conditions are. Typically, 30 mins after first initial run of, do a second one and check that.

Amendments in soil are key to a good success, but all plans get shot to shit, so fear not! Lol lol. Live and learn bro.
Plant is nute burned and stressed.
Yank her, loosen soil. Get good nuetral soil. . If u are using nutrient, why get a soil that is so heavily amended? Salt farmers don’t need super soil, and super soil doesn’t need salt nutrient, just some light amendments as needed based on plant cycle and how she looks:
Hope this helps. I grow 50k in a commercial environment in soil and we do everything in super soil but are or have Trasitioned to promix and yes it’s very “hot”. We don’t feed till The 4th week of veg. And we flush every time.

reddwarf

reddwarf

So the concept in your mind over feeding and not letting anything run off, isn’t off. Many do this and fail.
Yes nutes stack over time, it’s whybwe have figured out over time, that 1: never follow the full strength on mfg, half strength, see what your plants do, every grow is different and there isn’t a “dialed in” true method. One has to figure this out. . True plants should uptake what you feed, but many factors prohibit this. Plant life stage, media, environment, lighting etc. it’s why go half and then as you learn what and how the reactions are you can “dial that in”.
2: feed , water, water, water, water, water, feed. That’s the tried and true method 1x feed for every 5 watering and or like I said, “once dialed in” you will know what works( for you).
3: flushing. There is controversy here but point to note, if you mess up, it’s works. But isn’t a cure all. In soil the build up is extremely hard to remove without some sort of amendment and or partial repot.
4: ph , though not a killer but very important nevertheless that every grower , Check the ph, AFTER the nutrient is mixed and before added, adjust the ph before you feed. Same for the watering cycle, though most tap water would work, provided the media has adequate amendments that will counter the additional load of higher ph water.
Learn your nutrient, the guy behind the counter isn’t your best solution, they sell products.
Get run off every time, vacuum that up, and or Re-use , some soak it up and toss or re-water with it
Check runoff pH , and this tell you what your soil conditions are. Typically, 30 mins after first initial run of, do a second one and check that.

Amendments in soil are key to a good success, but all plans get shot to shit, so fear not! Lol lol. Live and learn bro.
Yank her, loosen soil. Get good nuetral soil. . If u are using nutrient, why get a soil that is so heavily amended? Salt farmers don’t need super soil, and super soil doesn’t need salt nutrient, just some light amendments as needed based on plant cycle and how she looks:
Hope this helps. I grow 50k in a commercial environment in soil and we do everything in super soil but are or have Trasitioned to promix and yes it’s very “hot”. We don’t feed till The 4th week of veg. And we flush every time.
thank you for the info. Thanks very much

sixstring

sixstring

good points and i would go along with most of it for new growers except the reuse of runoff,get rid of it

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

I do something similar , but I haven't been using nutrients yet, I mixed up a "supersoil" and all I've fed my plants is seadweed extrct and recharge. And I do 1 cal-mag watering every 3 regular waterings plants seem to like it. The issue I've been starting to have recently though is my ph keeps shooting up to 8.2

reddwarf

reddwarf

good points and i would go along with most of it for new growers except the reuse of runoff,get rid of it
Hey Sixstring! when do you repot? I mean do you go up in size half way through veg and then the last biggest pot before flower? or how do you do that? and what size are your pots. and when do you know when any plant needs to go to a bigger container? Thank you thank you very much! lol

sixstring

sixstring

The plants get bigger pots when it gets to where once a day watering isn't enough anymore.my veg goes solo cups, 2 gallon, and final pot is 7 or 10 gallon.been using more 10 gallon lately.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter

What promix are you using that is "very" hot???? I use promix and have to feed right off the get go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom