Nute scheduling advice

• Thread starter songbird420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

songbird420

Hey farmers. I'm a newbie round here so i apologize if this posted in the wrong forum, but i was hoping to receive some advice about scheduling. AFOM recently completed a run of an og bubba pre98 cross. The nutes he uses rite now are the ionic 3 part system, humb. nutrients prozyme, hygrozym, humb. nutrients honey, and advanced nutr. big bud. using everything at half strength resulted in an initial ppm of 650 and they seemed great till sucessive increases in big bud raised ppm by week to 1000 and severe burn exp. an additional feeding of 275 ppm was given at week seven when they seemed to heal. The problem is the cured nugget still retains the chemical taste even after a 2 week flush. id appreciate any advice on where im goin , pretty bummed at the fact that i took a class gear and made it C grade.

D

DigDug

Floranova is easy to use and would be perfect for a beginner...... i have been growing for 5 yrs now and i use Floranova on all my blooming girls.

S

songbird420

Thanks much for the advice. I've heard really good things about floranova, also heard its potent. Will defo be looking into it as i've decided to drop all additives and KISS - gonna go back to 3 part nute lines for the sake of getting dialed in.
Another question - are ppm readings interchangeable betw. nutes lines? meaning if i've fed with tiger bloom adjusted to a ppm of 700 is this the same as a 700 ppm feed of advance nut. bloom nutes?
thx a bunch 4 the advice guys

E

exer

i find out that there is a big difference between nutes in ppm.I can feed plants with Canna nutes with 1260ppm,but with Floranova they can handle

E

exer

I find out there is a big difference between nutes ppm.I can feed plants with Canna nutes with 1250ppm,but with Floranova they tolerate max 950ppm.

K

knowboddy

You're going to find that specific numbers don't cross from strain to strain, manufacturer to manufacturer, or even specific nute label to label.

To start with different strains of MJ have different feeding requirements and even two different plants within the same strain can vary a bit. Not usually enough to notice, but it can and does happen.

More importantly though is the point that different companies use different methods of solving the same problem - how to get plant nutrients into a good mixture in an easy to use package. There's probably millions of different ways to do the same basic thing and it creates varying degrees of success, quality, and cost.

Certain fertilizer ingredients register "stronger" on an EC meter than others and certain ingredients are "stronger" in terms of being useful to plants than others. So you could have two equally powerful nutrient solutions with radically different EC's because the nutrients in one are more available to plants or because the ingredients in the other are things the meter is more sensitive to, or both.

You've likely noticed that organic fertilizers often require much lower ppm readings than the regular nutrients. Some people point to this as a reason organics are "superior" - you don't need as much. But in truth organics are just harder to pick up with your EC meter. The plants are eating the exact same stuff and the exact same amount of it. It's just harder to detect.

I prefer Advanced Nutrients myself, I like the consistency I get from them. Plus the "right amount" of their 3-part in EC is the same "right amount" of their Sensi 2-part so once you get things dialed in with one AN product it's pretty easy to move around in their feeding schedule. (Of course their organics are still different target EC's.)

Play around with the calculator they've got sometime and you can see what I mean. You switch between most of their base nutrients and the numbers stay the same, but certain other ones are totally different. Same company, but certain of their nutrients still register differently on the meter.

Top Bottom