Nutes Expired?

• Thread starter kansabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansabis

So I have over a half bottle of fox farms microbe brew and bembe liquid nutes left and the last time I mixed em the water never turned an amber color like it used to and it looked like their was little bits and pieces of stuff in the water,does this mean they are no longer good or usable or what's going on? And yes I did shake the bottles and shake again after adding to water lol

Ecompost

Ecompost

So I have over a half bottle of fox farms microbe brew and bembe liquid nutes left and the last time I mixed em the water never turned an amber color like it used to and it looked like their was little bits and pieces of stuff in the water,does this mean they are no longer good or usable or what's going on? And yes I did shake the bottles and shake again after adding to water lol
either they are spoiled, or there is something wrong with your water supply causing some reaction and precipitation. I suspect the former. Storing nutrients in conditions as per the label is a requirement, as is using clean measuring equipment to avoid contamination. If its been in the sun or near a changeable heat source it might be ruined and its best to start again

K

kansabis

Stored properly and no issue with water supply,says use within 2yrs of date stamped on bottle which is now almost 4yrs ago lol,they had been mixing up right but maybe they finally went bad idk. My main thing is that I have over half a bottle of each left and I'm not sure how to dispose of them properly,I've really been wanting to try some other nutes and growing methods anyways.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Stored properly and no issue with water supply,says use within 2yrs of date stamped on bottle which is now almost 4yrs ago lol,they had been mixing up right but maybe they finally went bad idk. My main thing is that I have over half a bottle of each left and I'm not sure how to dispose of them properly,I've really been wanting to try some other nutes and growing methods anyways.
ah getting rid of them will be by watering them down really well and pouring them say in to a compost pile for remediation if required. Keep the pile covered to prevent losses :-)

K

kansabis

Thanks,that was kind of my idea but I wasn't sure if it would be worth it,although the alternative is most likely impacting my local water system. I'll be watering it down and adding to compost,worms,etc over a period of time.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Thanks,that was kind of my idea but I wasn't sure if it would be worth it,although the alternative is most likely impacting my local water system. I'll be watering it down and adding to compost,worms,etc over a period of time.
good call :-) Bokashi is a good way to get rid of lots of shitty material :-)

K

kansabis

good call :-) Bokashi is a good way to get rid of lots of shitty material :-)
Yeah I've been trying to convince my wife we need a bokashi bucket in the house at least during the winter,I've been doing some research on it and it sounds really neat. Also I mixed those nutes with water separately and no issue,when they both are added to same water problem occurs,so I might still use em here n there idk yet.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Yeah I've been trying to convince my wife we need a bokashi bucket in the house at least during the winter,I've been doing some research on it and it sounds really neat. Also I mixed those nutes with water separately and no issue,when they both are added to same water problem occurs,so I might still use em here n there idk yet.
there is precipitation when you add them, this usually means they shouldn't and are not made to be used together, as in the case of A+B type feeds, where calcium etc is delivered separate of P. So you mix one and pour, then mix the other and pour, never mixed as one.

Ecompost

Ecompost

have a look at Mulder chart
http://soilanalyst.org/mulders-chart/

understand some nutrients just dont live together well, :-)

K

kansabis

Yeah I'm somewhat familiar with the fact some nutes don't mix well and coexist well. I've never found any info that says not to mix them but my own experience has shown me not the best idea.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Yeah I'm somewhat familiar with the fact some nutes don't mix well and coexist well. I've never found any info that says not to mix them but my own experience has shown me not the best idea.
yeah sometimes our nutes can change based on us using them, sticking things in the bottles or other, so matters relate to redox/ pH and so on, not a biggy bro, you caught it before it caught you

Top Bottom