Nutrient Burn

• Thread starter charliebabb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have been spraying all of these as a preventative. I had broad mites in the same room on the last grow i did. So i disinfected the room and now am spraying weekly to be safe. I have never seen thrips. These holes are just raising alarms, and since BeachWalker brought up thrips, it got me thinking it could be them.
im not saying your wrong friend,i am bringing to your attention you can over do it,figure out the species you have,google it life cycle,get 3 difrent mix,i use azamax,capt jacks and bt all stagered of course ,run the life cycle,if you use soap wash it off and reaply if you need it to stick,i use oils for that,pepermint is my go to and spiders cant stand the stuff,come to think of it ,it pretty hard on my sinus too haah
as far as a ipm goes ,when i dont have bugs what ever the recomendation from manufacture stands the same,as your nutes,start low 1/4 strength with them too,but also keep in mind when you do a schedule thing like this they come amune to it after a while

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Feel you on those broads, once you deal with them, they give you a whole new understanding on why certain environments require an IPM.

I'm actually in the process of scouting my environment for my personal meds, and have identified thrips, broad mites, and whiteflies living in perfect harmony amongst my grape vines and black walnut trees.

My advice in the short term is to lay of the Nuke em', that's likely the culprit as far as the white spots. Most likely due to its high citric acid content.

If pests are your problem, especially broad mites, I'd check this video out, I tend to share it with all my growing buddies...

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have been spraying all of these as a preventative. I had broad mites in the same room on the last grow i did. So i disinfected the room and now am spraying weekly to be safe. I have never seen thrips. These holes are just raising alarms, and since BeachWalker brought up thrips, it got me thinking it could be them.
I had thrips recently, I sprayed two or three times only and they're gone

20200122 212945

but what you're spraying routinely as mentioned is quite possibly your burn?

charliebabb

charliebabb

So i believe i have eliminated the possibility of the spray being the cause of my toxicity. It may have burned a few tips and caused white spots, but I am getting similar results from 6 more plants i just transplanted, no spraying.

Last night i had another 6 clones of the same variety that i transplanted into coco coir. I used a very light nutrient solution.

2.5 ml/g cal mag
.5 ml/g veg A/B
1 ml/g micro

90 PPM
PH 6

I walk into the room this morning and i am seeing the same curling leaf tips that my other clones have. So maybe Purp Punch x Jung Cake is a really light feeder? It just seems so strange to me that a plant is showing signs of toxicity at only 90 PPM.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I’d spray like that too if I had broad mites before.
Feel you on those broads, once you deal with them, they give you a whole new understanding on why certain environments require an IPM.

I'm actually in the process of scouting my environment for my personal meds, and have identified thrips, broad mites, and whiteflies living in perfect harmony amongst my grape vines and black walnut trees.

My advice in the short term is to lay of the Nuke em', that's likely the culprit as far as the white spots. Most likely due to its high citric acid content.

If pests are your problem, especially broad mites, I'd check this video out, I tend to share it with all my growing buddies...
I use this to treat almost all my outdoor pests on my flower farm. The only thing this doesn't eradicate is cucumber beetles. I need bontanigard 22wp for those.

02trueblue

02trueblue

I think a couple things need to be cleared up first -

If you're using RO water, then that 2.5ml of calimagic ALONE should bring you above 90ppm. I use 1.25ml/gal of calimagic and that raises my PPM from 130-220ish.
What kind of PPM pen/meter do you have?

Also, am i reading this correct - you're only feeding .5ml/gal of your base nutrient?

I would be willing to bet that the leaf problems are coming from all that spraying/IPM (even at recommended doses, with lights off)

I'd 1) drop the cal/mag more
2) up the base feed, and
3) update the IPM schedule

Final note - I LOVE canna's A +B, and they're cheap. They're about the only nute Canna makes that is cheap. 6ml/gal for everything from clones to big veg plants. It's that easy, it won't even burn little clones. I won't go over 8/ml gallon for bigass vegging plants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom