nutrient deficiency? King tut and gg4, only tut has problems

• Thread starter Skynet97
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skynet97

Skynet97

Hi guys,
Ive been reading the forum and enjoying my time here a lot.
Got my first real grow going, with my attempts before this being just random seeds meant to waste my mistakes on.

I have a king tut and a gg#4 from canuk seeds going now. And the tut is showing a browning of some of the leaves, while the gg4 is perfectly fine. I wanted to check by here and see what you guys think:

General: they are now6 weeks old. when 4 weeks I topped them and cut some clones. They have some light LST on for almost a week now, which they seem to have responded well to. The GG4 is showing no leaf-browning-problems. The tut has been showing some escalation even though I have started feeding nutrients 1,5 weeks ago.

#1 Is it nutrent deficiency? because theyve been growing like crazy since the start and I might have started the biobizz schedule too late? The plants in the picture have been topped and clipped clones from, so they have grown alot in almost 3 weeks, despite just being 40cm high. (which ofc is the point)

#2 is it light burn, cause the light is hanging too close and the GG4 can handle it but the tut cannot?

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? seeds
2. How old are your plants? 6 weeks
3. How tall are your plants? 40cm
4. What size containers are they planted in? 10L
5. What is your soil mix? See picture
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Every other day, when the soil is dry. Purest cleanest tap water scandinavia can provide
7. What is the pH of your water? dont know
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? The Biobizz schedule, now Biobiz grow 1ml/L, 1ml/L calmag, 2ml/bio heaven. Mix these with 2L of water, and divide equally between the two plants.
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? Spray lightly with water once at evening
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 240W china LED with the 301 samsungs. Dimmable. Now dimmed at 40%. Cycle is 20h/4h.
11. How close are your lights to the plants? hanging 50 cm over the top of the plants.
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 90cm x 120cm x 180 cm
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? See picture
14. What is the pH of the soil? dont know
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? no insects
16. How much experience do you have growing? Very little.

In the timelapse, the tut is the one furthest away from the camera. Skip ahead 30sec too.

Nutrient deficiency king tut and gg4 only tut has problems
Problem
Tent tempandhum
Nutrient deficiency king tut and gg4 only tut has problems 4
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

You're in a peat based medium so you need to start pH'ing your water. Peat likes a pH of 6.2, you're showing probably calcium deficiency could be something else but regardless imo you're going to have issues until you start adjusting the pH, best wishes!

Skynet97

Skynet97

You're in a peat based medium so you need to start pH'ing your water. Peat likes a pH of 6.2, you're showing probably calcium deficiency could be something else but regardless imo you're going to have issues until you start adjusting the pH, best wishes!

Thank you for you reply - Im gonna order PH meter and get on the up'n'up on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom