Nutrient deficiency? Picture heavy thread

• Thread starter Tommyk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tommyk

Tommy did you know you can get the Spectracide at Home Depot? The Bayer Tree and Shrub can be found there as well, both for real cheap.

If indeed you do have the aphids, try to think back to that first grow when you got all males. Did you seem to have the same problems as this run? Reason I ask is the stress that aphids cause had many in my last run go male, a higher than usual number. The aphids can also make a very solid strain hermy in flower, so if that has happened it wasn't your fault, just wanted to point that out.

Good luck with your grow and keep us posted.

Unfortunately (or fortunately? :) ) I do not live in the states. I live in scandinavia so I can't get it at home depot, only Ebay.

I didnt have the problem on my northern lights when all got males. But I didn't flower them cause the preflowers showed males. But I had some hermy's on my PPP's.

I think I got the aphids when I stored the soil outside on my balcony between the strains.

I'll order some spectracide right now, I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks!:)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think I nailed the problem down to Root aphids. When I scratch the first layer of soil I see some tiny creatures running around and then dissapearing deeper into the soil.

I will order some Spectracide tomorrow and will update when it arrives.

Should I drench the pot in spectracide for an hour?
I left mine for two days, 2x. I have flood trays (this was a coco situation, in others I might handle it differently) and so I flooded to about 1.5" high, so as to ensure that ALL the media got soaked and so that the fliers wouldn't have anywhere immediately near the pot to land. It worked.

So, if I were doing a single, nursery-type pot I would put it in a tray of some sort that would allow the soil to become very, very well saturated. But I would also be aware that foliar applications may be needed, you've got to understand that these things have some unreal survival instincts and tactics. In fact, I'm reconsidering limited use of dichlorvos (No Pest Strips) because I can isolate vegging plants. Or, if you can drop the $$ on a fogger, get one of those and load it up and run it in your space. They may be $$$, not $$, I don't know, I haven't priced them (yet).

In fact, I'm reconsidering indoor growing for a while altogether and may just develop another area of the property for more OD organic soil growing, which is absolutely easiest and gives the most and best (IMO) results. Just take a breather from fighting shit inside, in the cold for a while, then regroup.

Top Bottom