Nutrient issues help, I'm at a loss...

• Thread starter Art_Vandelay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Art_Vandelay

Hey guys I have joined up to get some help with issues in my new grow. The plants are Chemdog strain and ever since ive had them I have been unable to source the issue causing the yellowing and dying of leaves.

Water PH in 6.4-7.0
Water PH in runoff 6.0 - 6.3
E.C in 1.7
E.C in runoff is 1.5
Nutrients used Goliath Veg Accelerator ( I think its crap and maybe issue)

I have a Bluelab E.C and P.H meters.
My water here is very low E.C and does not even register on meter. So i have been thinking mineral deficency?

Any help and advice is very much appreciated, thanks for your time :)

Nutrient issues help im at a loss
Nutrient issues help im at a loss 2
Nutrient issues help im at a loss 3
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Kinda thinking to much light and watering issues just jusging from the pictures.

More details on the setup, environment and watering practices

A

Art_Vandelay

Thanks for the reply, the setup is:

1 x 400w MH
1.2m x 1.2m grow tent
Temps always between 20 - 27 degrees celcius
Humidity at a steady 50 - 55%
Light is 500mm away from top of plants
Water every 4th day when the pots are feeling "lite"
I have kept track of weights and plants neither get to wet ot to dry and have excellent drainage.
Soil used was Canna Terra Professional

Cheers

A

Art_Vandelay

Really 1 meter away from the plants? All other advice says 12 - 20 inches which is roughly 500mm. I can hold my hand under lights at plant height and not feel any uncomfortable heat at all.

The whole plant also has the "issue" not just tops so light burn is not something im picking.

T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
I have no idea but I don’t think a plant that size in a pot that size needs water that often normally. I could be wrong, probably.

What is ec before nutes?

I just had a plant looking the same, haven’t watered it in like a month and it’s looking better.

A

Art_Vandelay

I have no idea but I don’t think a plant that size in a pot that size needs water that often normally. I could be wrong, probably.
I realized the pots were to big back when i transplanted (silly mistake i regret).
When i water I use 2ltrs and i get about 500ml runoff maybe a bit more which brings the pots to a weight of about 7kgs.
The "dry" weight of the pots and soil etc is about 5.5kgs and i have been watering them at around that weight. The top does dry nicly and i have a fan providing good air circulation.
I could use less water but I need to have run off to check PH and E.C

E.C of water is very very low where im from. It doesnt even show on meter which is why I have been leaning towards using Calmag.

A

Art_Vandelay

12-20 inches for MH nope but yeah thats up to you
I hear what your saying but with my hand under the light is not hot at all and also my last grow a few years back used 600w MH in 2mtr x 2mtr tent with same heights used and no issues.
Just looking at the leaves covering the whole plant and all the charts showing different leaf symptoms had me leaning deficencys.
I'm sorry im not trashing your advice i very much appreciate it :)
Can you point me in direction of correct light heights information?

A

Art_Vandelay

Ooh and also they normally dont look that droopy, those photos were just as the lights came on 18/6.
Looking at them now they are reaching up to the lights.

A

Art_Vandelay

12-20 inches for MH nope but yeah thats up to you
Ive raised the lights to 800mm above canopy so will keep an eye on things and also monitor the temps at plant level. The plants seem very short and bushy :(

Here is some of the new growth coming through after i upped the nute levels over the space of a couple weeks. Another thing that lead me to beliieve I had a deficency.
I do realise the old brown leaves will never recover.

IMG 0358
IMG 0359
Top Bottom