Nutrient issues - phosphorous def? Mag def?

• Thread starter FannieMaeGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FannieMaeGrow

FannieMaeGrow

Ok, second grow, running into drooping, slow growth, purple and red stems, and now leaf discoloration and spots in veg (like 3 weeks in. Can anyone advise? Thought maybe phosphorous def or mag def?

pics attached, here are the specifics:

- 2 ilgm ww fem
-soil - mix of black gold nat and org and whitney farms seed starter
-added perlite, a little vermiculite, bg ewc mix
- 3 gallon fabric pots
- in a colder/drier environment than ideal, temps between 65 and 75
- feeding with city water, letting chlorine gas off for 24 hrs or so, done 2 waterings with Schultz plant food, low strength.
- I’ve top-dressed with ewc mix cut with potting soil twice.
- fungus gnats are present, not super worried, but I’ll get some yellow stickies soon.
- I’ve topped one, trimmed a little on each plant, want to get these girls tall enough to start scrogging soon, but no lst or other training yet.
- I do this by feel more than anything, but didn’t run into this last run with a very similar setup.

My best guesses are phosphorous def or cal/mag issues, likely made worse (or caused) by overwatering, low temps. I think I up-potted too soon, direct from solo cups, but even with fans and heat underneath (low level, stuck an incandescent bulb under the pots.

anyway, thought I’d dealt with it by letting them dry out, gave a tiny bit of water after a few days, a little more yesterday, and now it seems to be getting worse again.

I have a mars hydro ts600 over each of them, read that high light levels causes faster use of phosphorous. I’m confused by one of the graphics about nutes because thinner leaves at new growth and small inter-nodal spacing is under phosphorous excess.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers!
Nutrient issues   phosphorous def  mag def
Nutrient issues   phosphorous def  mag def 2
Nutrient issues   phosphorous def  mag def 3
Nutrient issues   phosphorous def  mag def 4
Nutrient issues   phosphorous def  mag def 2
Nutrient issues   phosphorous def  mag def 3
Nutrient issues   phosphorous def  mag def 4

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Definitely got something going on there..... What's temp and RH like? How close is that light?

Need to measure run off ph and ppm to tell what's going on in your soil.

FannieMaeGrow

FannieMaeGrow

Definitely got something going on there..... What's temp and RH like? How close is that light?

Need to measure run off ph and ppm to tell what's going on in your soil.
Ordered tester, will check and post.

temps are low but I don’t think below 65 much, if at all.

dont know rh, but likely at about 40

the lights are about 18 above, moved them up from 15 or so recently

sportyridr

sportyridr

Hi

Don't look at the old growth and the original spots, look for any issues on newer leaves as the old will not repair themselves. The probs were there before the spots ever showed, the spots were the last part. The overwatering is probably your cuplrit tho.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Ok, second grow, running into drooping, slow growth, purple and red stems, and now leaf discoloration and spots in veg (like 3 weeks in. Can anyone advise? Thought maybe phosphorous def or mag def?

pics attached, here are the specifics:

- 2 ilgm ww fem
-soil - mix of black gold nat and org and whitney farms seed starter
-added perlite, a little vermiculite, bg ewc mix
- 3 gallon fabric pots
- in a colder/drier environment than ideal, temps between 65 and 75
- feeding with city water, letting chlorine gas off for 24 hrs or so, done 2 waterings with Schultz plant food, low strength.
- I’ve top-dressed with ewc mix cut with potting soil twice.
- fungus gnats are present, not super worried, but I’ll get some yellow stickies soon.
- I’ve topped one, trimmed a little on each plant, want to get these girls tall enough to start scrogging soon, but no lst or other training yet.
- I do this by feel more than anything, but didn’t run into this last run with a very similar setup.

My best guesses are phosphorous def or cal/mag issues, likely made worse (or caused) by overwatering, low temps. I think I up-potted too soon, direct from solo cups, but even with fans and heat underneath (low level, stuck an incandescent bulb under the pots.

anyway, thought I’d dealt with it by letting them dry out, gave a tiny bit of water after a few days, a little more yesterday, and now it seems to be getting worse again.

I have a mars hydro ts600 over each of them, read that high light levels causes faster use of phosphorous. I’m confused by one of the graphics about nutes because thinner leaves at new growth and small inter-nodal spacing is under phosphorous excess.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers!
View attachment 1077473View attachment 1077474View attachment 1077476View attachment 1077478View attachment 1077474View attachment 1077476View attachment 1077478
That is not excessive phosphorus, i dont see any tip burn or discoloration. It looks like maybe a magnesium deficiency or possibly too much potassium. The fungus gnats are showing up because you water too frequently. They usually only show up once things are sitting damp for too long, the next stage is the stalk rotting. Watering once a day is too much especially in early veg. When you water too much you are doing a bunch of bad things. Forcing them to drink too much, diluting their food, starving them for oxygen, not letting the roots have a proper wet/dry cycle, and then come the parasites, like fungus gnats. But the fact that these symptoms are showing this early in a soil grow tell me that you're just watering too often. So how did it turn out? Was i right about any of this? Did you get to harvest?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Old thread but to much light for the conditions. Looks like over watering combined with cold temls and higher humidity possibly.

Definitely was a transpiration issue. Leaves are swollen to high heaven.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Old thread but to much light for the conditions. Looks like over watering combined with cold temls and higher humidity possibly.

Definitely was a transpiration issue. Leaves are swollen to high heaven.
That was my first thought when i noticed he was watering every day. When transpiration gets messed up everything else goes with it. But hey, at least you said hi so i dont feel so lonely now🤣🤣

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That was my first thought when i noticed he was watering every day. When transpiration gets messed up everything else goes with it. But hey, at least you said hi so i dont feel so lonely now🤣🤣
Shoot me a PM whenever your bored bro. 👊

Top Bottom