Nutrient Lock Out And Root Rot

• Thread starter Mitgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mitgrower

I'm locked out plants are not eating or drying up I flushed one and smelled what I think is root rot please help me I'm in 25 gal pots with promix hp

tobh

tobh

Supporter
If you have the option, pull the root ball up and have a look. Need more details than what's been stated. Organic nutes or salt-based nutes? What's your medium pH? EC of nutrient solution, if using salts? What are their symptoms? Lock out can mean any number of things. Pictures would help as well.

M

Mitgrower

Heavy 16 medium ph was 4.8'before the flush now it's up in the high 5s and the ppm I couldn't tell you I haven't checked it since buying a meter but I did experience some huge burn last feed which was 2 weeks ago. Could i possible just need to feed the plant might need food instead of all the water. I did a second flush on one to check the ph and it smelled terrible when the run off came out that's why I think I could possibly be dealing with root rot

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you think it's root rot, the worst thing you can do right now is try to feed it. How will it eat?

If I were you, I would put 5mls/gal of H2O2 in the flushing water. It's not enough to kill microbes, but it is enough to really boost the O2 levels in the water, and thus the root zone.

M

Mitgrower

So your saying to flush again should I use hydro guard to flush ?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm not familiar with that product, what does it do?

(Can folks tell, I never go into hydro shops!)

Top Bottom