Nutrient lock-out. How to properly flush soil ?

• Thread starter Keod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Keod

Keod

Hey guys I have been having signs of nutrients deficiencies lately and after consulting the forum I at appears to be because of nutrient lockout.
I will be attempting to flush the plants soil later tonight but I would appreciate getting confirmation on the correct way to proceed.

So far I read that I have to water them with 3 times as much water as the volume of the pots.
But I have read people say to juste use regular water in the corect PH range . Then add a normal dose if nutrients on the next watering once the soil dries out .
And others say to flush the soil with a light nutrient solution water.

Wich is the best approach and why ?
I am in week 7 flower btw

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I like to pour fresh water through and let it sit before the last few cups before it starts to run off. It soaks up the salts some and gives the plants a fresh drink they need badly if I have over fed.

Then pour the rest of my first gallon through the 3 gallon pots and test the runoff ec and ph.

Then go from there. Usually needing an additional gallon of a medium light dose of balanced complete nutes like dyna grow foliage pro or I use pure blend pro again now. Maybe 1.1 ec. (550 ppm) to give them some nutrients till next time.

I do t think I ever poured the recommended 3x the pot volume through. Maybe 2-3 times what I usually water for 20% runoff. Or 2-3 gallons in my case.

3 balls

3 balls

I think there is great value in adding a enzyme product in this situation.

Keod

Keod

Sadly I don't have money now your an ec tester or anything else for that matter at the moment.
All I have is a PC tester , nutrients and my sick plants .

Keod

Keod

I like to pour fresh water through and let it sit before the last few cups before it starts to run off. It soaks up the salts some and gives the plants a fresh drink they need badly if I have over fed.

Then pour the rest of my first gallon through the 3 gallon pots and test the runoff ec and ph.

Then go from there. Usually needing an additional gallon of a medium light dose of balanced complete nutes like dyna grow foliage pro or I use pure blend pro again now. Maybe 1.1 ec. (550 ppm) to give them some nutrients till next time.

I do t think I ever poured the recommended 3x the pot volume through. Maybe 2-3 times what I usually water for 20% runoff. Or 2-3 gallons in my case.
I'm not sure i understood your process...
Why would flushing with 3x the volume be bad ?
I am already well into flower And would like to fix my problem the simple and effective way .
I've heard that tho using 3x the volume to flush might shock the plants a little it is the most sure way to be sure I can get rid of excess nutrients in the soil to then start over with a clean plate .

Hookcash87

Hookcash87

When I flush I use a teaspoon of Epson salt per gallon of water. Depending on the size of your pot. I use 5 gal buckets and flush with 2 gallons of water.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Week 7 of flower ? isn't enough time left for any corrections to take effect before the plant is finished, just plain water from here out would be my suggestion

Hookcash87

Hookcash87

I'm sorry I didn't read you are in week 7 of flower. There would be no need to flush until you're ready for harvest. It's to late my friend. There isn't enough time to make the correction before harvest.

Keod

Keod

I'm sorry I didn't read you are in week 7 of flower. There would be no need to flush until you're ready for harvest. It's to late my friend. There isn't enough time to make the correction before harvest.
Day 45 to be exact. Up to 65 days flower says the breeders

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm not sure i understood your process...
Why would flushing with 3x the volume be bad ?
I am already well into flower And would like to fix my problem the simple and effective way .
I've heard that tho using 3x the volume to flush might shock the plants a little it is the most sure way to be sure I can get rid of excess nutrients in the soil to then start over with a clean plate .

I can manage the medium and keep the plants growing without stalling barring serious lockout or nutrient deficiency. Too much water also compacts the medium and leaves it too soggy longer.

Hookcash87

Hookcash87

Still not enough time brother. You gotta flush them a week before you harvest.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Looks more like a too intense a light issue from those pics, what are you running for light ?

Rockysmoke

Rockysmoke

Have you checked your pH runoff? The pH in your pots is the most important thing. So by adjusting water pH you can very quickly get rid of lock out by making the nutrients available. I suggest learning when hey need what nutrients and what pH they are used at. Many people choose number and that's the pH they run when you should really be changing it throughout the cycle
to get the best results.

Latest posts

Top Bottom