Nutrient lock-out. How to properly flush soil ?

• Thread starter Keod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Very good Michigan. I'm really glad you have this all determined.

I apologize for what you determine to be poor advice.

I'm very happy I was able to post it in order for others who want to learn how to grow can do so.

Happy Growing.

did you bother learning what I wrote about testing runoff for trends? Because it is a standard practice in greenhouse management and food production. I am just sharing what I learned from professionals and professors.

I will ask you again. How do you know what remains in your medium if you only measure what goes in? The plants don’t use everything in put.

Or you can just guess like you are instructing people trying to learn how to grow properly to.

Effendi

Effendi

did you bother learning what I wrote about testing runoff for trends? Because it is a standard practice in greenhouse management and food production. I am just sharing what I learned from professionals and professors.
So let me get this straight my friend, you want to know if I learned from what you wrote... which you have not experienced but you learned from reading professionals and professors.

The answer is no. I did NOT learn from reading what you read from someone else. I learned from fucking doing it wrong myself more than a few times.

I will ask you again. How do you know what remains in your medium if you only measure what goes in?
Because I use Pro-mix. It's a Blank Slate and I know exactly every Part per million I've ever put on a plant. It makes no difference "What remains" I really don't care. There is not enough time in the 90 days I have a plant in a pot to even start to build up salts or Cal Mag or whatever excess EC folks like you seem convinced are there.

It should be an indicator to you, that I NEVER have to "fix" anything. (Nutrient wise) No part of my operation is a surprise for me and when I do occasionally check my numbers, it's only a shock if I'm not exactly where I know I am. By occasionally checking my numbers, I mean glancing up at the constant Blue Meter in my res.
The plants don’t use everything in put.
OK, so what. IF there is something they don't use, then there it sits for another month until it gets discarded with the end of the run. again, there is not enough time to ever build up excess salts or harmful "unused" nutrients in any level that could affect anything.
Or you can just guess like you are instructing people trying to learn how to grow properly to.

lol. . Are you sure you're from Michigan? I'm thinking Georgia, cause you're a Peach.

.🙄

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So let me get this straight my friend, you want to know if I learned from what you wrote... which you have not experienced but you learned from reading professionals and professors.

The answer is no. I did NOT learn from reading what you read from someone else. I learned from fucking doing it wrong myself more than a few times.

Because I use Pro-mix. It's a Blank Slate and I know exactly every Part per million I've ever put on a plant. It makes no difference "What remains" I really don't care. There is not enough time in the 90 days I have a plant in a pot to even start to build up salts or Cal Mag or whatever excess EC folks like you seem convinced are there.

It should be an indicator to you, that I NEVER have to "fix" anything. (Nutrient wise) No part of my operation is a surprise for me and when I do occasionally check my numbers, it's only a shock if I'm not exactly where I know I am. By occasionally checking my numbers, I mean glancing up at the constant Blue Meter in my res.

OK, so what. IF there is something they don't use, then there it sits for another month until it gets discarded with the end of the run. again, there is not enough time to ever build up excess salts or harmful "unused" nutrients in any level that could affect anything.

lol. . Are you sure you're from Michigan? I'm thinking Georgia, cause you're a Peach.

.🙄

you assume so much stuff to write about. No I'm not from Michigan. Or Georgia. And you’re not clever.

But I bet you have heard what happens when you “assume” information.

and I grow so me and my friends, family and patients don’t have to buy ignorant cash cropper over fed short cut weed like you are describing.

see. I didn’t have to assume anything. You just told me.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Not from Michigan my wife is. And if you only measure what goes in you never know anything that is happening in the medium. Some plants can take a lot of fertilizer and not burn. I still don’t want to smoke those. Sharing what you do is great. Start a thread. We love pics and documentation. But don’t recommend a new grower not do things properly. That I feel I have to comment on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cut the shit in here. Opinions and debate welcome... personal attacks are not.

My opinion

Plain and simple nutrients can build up in a soil... both synthetic and yes organic too.

Outdoors not so much.

You cannot go by input as has been seen time and time again here by many growers. While many experienced growers have methods down that require them not to worry about this does not mean it does not happen.

A flush is something that should never be needed but often is.

There are so many variables as to what can cause a buildup its not even funny and that's why we see it often.

In these soils there are contributing elements to ppm so no they are not inert. Which means they can have an impact on the ppm and you do not know the exact makeup just by what goes In.

Plants also don't just take up nutrients in the ratios we provide so there is some variation there. Outdoors the rain flushes the soil so any argument that in nature's its not flushed is absolutely bogus.

Only read enough to come in here and slow the roll. But will be participating now

Effendi

Effendi

I really wish you had not deleted my last series of posts Canada.

I do not accept censorship.

Happy Growing.

Keod

Keod

Thanks for the help guys much appreciated!

Does it happen that plants health gets a bit worse before going better ? A bit like hiw us humans do?

I will get a EC test next run .
Grow plants taller for better circulation under canopy.

I was kind of surprised of how quick things turned south all of a sudden. Will definitely be more careful next time.
Best way to learn is by fucking up !

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I really wish you had not deleted my last series of posts Canada.

I do not accept censorship.

Happy Growing.
You could always start your own forum and not censor it... it doesn't matter what you accept because this is not your forum so if you dont like it you can take your entitlement elsewhere.

If you call removing inappropriate content as per the rules you should have read when joining the forum censorship... id call that a stretch bud.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The main reason is the cec of the soil. It holds nutrients
Thanks for the help guys much appreciated!

Does it happen that plants health gets a bit worse before going better ? A bit like hiw us humans do?

I will get a EC test next run .
Grow plants taller for better circulation under canopy.

I was kind of surprised of how quick things turned south all of a sudden. Will definitely be more careful next time.
Best way to learn is by fucking up !

Yes. Sometimes the damaged leaves finish degrading. Should see improvement within 3 days. Always look to newer growth for health as the older leaves as we said may still be dying.

Keod

Keod

The main reason is the cec of the soil. It holds nutrients

Yes. Sometimes the damaged leaves finish degrading. Should see improvement within 3 days. Always look to newer growth for health as the older leaves as we said may still be dying.
Should I actively remove the damaged onces?

Keod

Keod

I remove leaves once they are more than 50% damaged or if I tug on them they break off easy. If the plant is using them they hold on tight.
Thanks man I appreciate the time you guys took to help me with my fuck up !
I guess I will be OK from now !

Latest posts

Top Bottom