Nutrient lockout because l “knew better” 🙄 (*eyeroll*)

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
amekins

amekins

My first grow, on my balcony in soil from bag seed (some unknown sativa) using FFOF w/added perlite, 3-gallon fabric pots, fed (up until yesterday) nutrients 1-2x per week at half the recommended amount (Neptune’s Harvest Fish and Seedweed Fertilizer, FF Trio (just started adding the Tiger Bloom the past two feeds), top dressed each plant twice w/a couple of tablespoons of Dr. Vermers worm castings, and pH adjusted the tap water used to 6.0 to 6.5. Plants are watered daily and get about 7-8 hrs of direct sunlight daily and indirect for a solid 14 hrs. I’ve had issues with leaf mining caterpillars and spider mites, both treated twice about a week apart, with Captain Jack’s Dead Bug and pressure sprays with just water in between. This grow was never really planned for initially or expected to make it this far. I chopped my first confirmed male yesterday. My remaining four plants really have done fairly ok. So fast forward to today, or rather yesterday. I knew I was having surgery (L foot) today and that would leave me with limited mobility for the next six weeks as it’s non weight bearing.

Nutrient lockout because l knew better  eyeroll
Nutrient lockout because l knew better  eyeroll 2

Nutrient lockout because l knew better  eyeroll 3
Nutrient lockout because l knew better  eyeroll 4

I thought I was being so fucking smart yesterday. Increased (just a bit) my bloom and grow slightly when I watered. I picked up and examined every plant on all sides to assure best possible health. I watered them pH adjusted water this morning (probably slightly lower pH for me, right about 6, assuming my soil would mitigate the disparity), examined them all again, repositioned all pots to equalize sun exposure among the plants, and said 👍 done until tomorrow.

Went and got my foot fixed (hopefully) and came home to check my plants. And damned if I didn’t see problems...problems which led to frantic texts to my mentor with photos of my discolored leaves and descriptions of plants.

Nutrient lockout because l knew better  eyeroll 6

Nutrient lockout because l knew better  eyeroll 7
Nutrient lockout because l knew better  eyeroll 8
Nutrient lockout because l knew better  eyeroll 10

A couple things here. I have a scooter and crutches to maneuver around a very crowded 865 sq ft condo with a 6’ x 12’ balcony and a nerve block from the knee down. The only pain meds on board as of yet are cannabis. I have never flushed my plants, but usually water to slight runoff every time. Mentor is telling me to flush and then flush again to get pH and ppm in runoff. This actually lightened my mood because it made me chuckle as I was still trying to figure out how the fuck I was going to drag out these 2-gallon jugs of water, get down there with the plants to water on my one “good” (and only loosely deemed such) foot without losing my balance or touching down my other castes foot. You know, the foot that still feels like it belongs to some cadaver? Yes, that one.

Nutrient lockout because l knew better  eyeroll 9

I do not live alone. I have a young adult son who is a brilliant mathematician. He is an absolute angel of a kid. I am blessed. He is also a very anxious, “glass isn’t half anything, it’s fucking empty” kid. My plants are all legal as I have had my card for as long as it’s been available here. So I text him in his room from my balcony asking if he can help with my plants. Definitely not his thing, but he comes out to help (I will admit, I’m trying not to abuse it but I’m enjoying having him wait on me). I begin explaining what to do but not why because right now it doesn’t matter. Mentor still texting and me responding with as much as info as I can and trying to send video and kiddo starts asking “why are we doing this? If it’s not good for these plants and we’re causing all this runoff to plants/bushes below, is that safe for them? If the cats lick this is it safe for them because the balcony is soaked?” And I’m trying to be gracious but I’m not in the mood, but I start to explain anyway (hence my talking in the video—I was attempting to explain nutrient lockout with different pH).

And so tomorrow, I pray that the plants look happier after flush and the soil somewhat resets and I haven’t killed them. This is what I get for thinking I could get even one step ahead of them when I don’t know Jack shit.

Stay tuned...

Nutrient lockout because l knew better  eyeroll 5
Last edited:
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I think u will be ok
Happy healing and hope You get better fast.
Thr over feed should mitigate they seem to be healthy albeit a wee bit too wet. Let her dry out a lot before watering and cut back feed for atleast 1.5 weeks

LilTwERP33

LilTwERP33

Curious as to how your ladies are coming along, @Jack og helped me w some tips and my girl is happier than ever, hope all is well

Dr.B

Dr.B

I wiped out a crop a couple of years ago thinking I could do the same damn thing before a chemo treatment. Was hoping for 1 lousy day off at the time... Not worth it lol

Two years later I still haven't taken that day off...

amekins

amekins

I wiped out a crop a couple of years ago thinking I could do the same damn thing before a chemo treatment. Was hoping for 1 lousy day off at the time... Not worth it lol

Two years later I still haven't taken that day off...

Well, I will get my day off sometime in October after harvest.

Top Bottom