Nutrient meter

• Thread starter PandoraPandora
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PandoraPandora

PandoraPandora

Help please! I have a bluelab truncheon and have no idea where my readings should be. Would any one please, Please explain this tool to me, in simple terms? I've previously winged it and been successful but I think I'd like to understand this now. It's been sat on the side staring at me for ages, I bought it, never used it because it baffles me... please, someone, help me here, tell me what I should see for optimum care of my babies....thankyou...

Vagician

Vagician

It all depends on the stage of the plant's growth.

Clones and seeds don't need much if any food for the first 2 weeks, so less than ~100 ppm/0.2 EC.

Once rooted and a few sets of leaves have grown ~250 ppm/0.5 EC is good.

When the plants are about 8"-12" tall and growing rapidly you could do 500-600 ppm/1.0-1.2 EC.

By the time they hit the first few weeks of flower you can go up to 1,000-1,200 ppm/2.0-2.4 EC. I've messed around and gone as high as 1,800 ppm/3.6 EC for shits and giggles but that is overkill and I was just curious what they could take.

Just remember that ppm/EC is just a measure of the total amount of nutrients in a solution. It doesn't tell you individual things such as nitrogen, potassium, etc., so you still have to keep an eye out for deficiencies even if feeding a decent ppm/EC value.

PandoraPandora

PandoraPandora

Oh mate thankyou so very much! I now have a general guide to work to, that is excellent. I obviously stare at my plants for hours on end, did have a nitrogen problem which I spotted quickly and rectified with a mono add. You are unbelievably kind, thank you

Latest posts

Top Bottom