Nutrient potency please help me

• Thread starter Mommyk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mommyk

Mommyk

Okay I'm using fox farms grow big liquid and I have fish fertilizer. I know the fish fertilizer is 5 nitrogen per tablespoon but does anyone know what the nitrogen on the grow big? Teaspoon or tablespoon? I had to pull my plants out of bloom because they got too much shade so I bumped them to straight nitrogen at 10 and they've started to re-veg so I want to back down on the fish stuff and wean to strictly the grow big with just a bit of fish fertilizer but the dang bottle doesn't say what the nutrient content is for in measurement.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Which one are you using? Their are 2 grow big formulas, 1 of them is 6-4-4 and the other for hydroponics (blue label) is 3-2-6.

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

I'm using happy frog soil and I don't use the grow big any more. I tried it twice in small doses and my plant hated it. I only use straight rain water and big bloom every other watering right now. I'm in veg so I'm sure I'll need to start using more in flower. But for now they are doing better with just water.

Mommyk

Mommyk

I'm using happy frog soil and I don't use the grow big any more. I tried it twice in small doses and my plant hated it. I only use straight rain water and big bloom every other watering right now. I'm in veg so I'm sure I'll need to start using more in flower. But for now they are doing better with just water.
I know I really didn't want to but my babies started budding at a foot tall so I had to push them hard with the nitrogen. My plants seem to be loving it. Green and beautiful just the weird leaves when it transitions

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

6-4-4 is the ratio of %N-%P2O5-%K2O. These numbers are not quantities.

Don't worry about how much to add to get "6 nitrogens." Either mix with water as directed on the bottle, or somewhat less than the directed amount.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

What is the strength? Is it 6-4-4 per tablespoon or teaspoon?

That means 6% Nitrogen, 4% Phosphorous and 4% Potassium for the entire bottle, so if you use 1 tablespoon, then 6% of that tablespoon will be nitrogen. It's kinda like whiskey, 40% alcohol by volume means the entire bottle is 40% alcohol and 1 shot glass is also 40% alcohol.

Top Bottom