Nutrient toxicity/ deficiency?

• Thread starter Livegreen31
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Livegreen31

Livegreen31

Hey everyone... hoping someone can give me some of their opinions on some bronze/copper spotting on my plant. This is my first time growing indoors and I am trying to identify my problem before it gets worse.

I have a sativa (unknown strain but 13 finger leaves) in a 5 gallon pot in ocean forest and happy frog soil - in its 5th week of veg.

PH runoff was 6.8 after I last watered. Did not use nutes in last watering - I used nutes two watering ago and noticed a small amount clawing after using the fox farm nutes. I figured it was snowing some signs of nitrogen toxicity. The clawing encouraged me to filtrate a gallon of water and water @ PH of 6.6 Two days ago.

today... I have noticed some weird spots. I have uploaded pics - any opinions/ help would be appreciated.

Personally, I’m thinking I need to either A) flush it until I get a PH of 6.5 B) add some calmag

I just hope it’s not a rust fungus. I did look under microscope and do not see any signs of bugs.

Nutrient toxicity deficiency
Nutrient toxicity deficiency 2
Nutrient toxicity deficiency 3
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Seen this with PH issues in hydro. have whole plant pics? environment parameters? and watering practices? Not enough info to say the cause

Livegreen31

Livegreen31

Seen this with PH issues in hydro. have whole plant pics? environment parameters? and watering practices? Not enough info to say the cause

thanks for reply.
Full plant pics attached - between 77-79 F and nighttime 66-68 and humidity 40-45 percent @ all times. Happy frog/ ocean forest soil.
Watering : water when plant tells me too. - basically every 4 days - about a gallon the last two watering... wait until a small amount of runoff... and always check PH before and check PH runoff. I have only used nutes twice - once in second week of veg and then again in 4th week of veg - 1/2 recommended dose of fox farm nutes.
CDC3735F 21D8 4F6E B524 E9ADDE3D16C1
D4689D12 BAC1 4F10 BF06 62332BA8A8A6

Livegreen31

Livegreen31

thanks for reply.
Full plant pics attached - between 77-79 F and nighttime 66-68 and humidity 40-45 percent @ all times. Happy frog/ ocean forest soil.
Watering : water when plant tells me too. - basically every 4 days - about a gallon the last two watering... wait until a small amount of runoff... and always check PH before and check PH runoff. I have only used nutes twice - once in second week of veg and then again in 4th week of veg - 1/2 recommended dose of fox farm nutes. View attachment 916643View attachment 916644
Last
thanks for reply.
Watering : water when plant tells me too. - basically every 4 days - about a gallon the last two watering... wait until a small amount of runoff... and always check PH before and check PH runoff. I have only used nutes twice - once in second week of veg and then again in 4th week of veg - 1/2 recommended dose of fox farm nutes. View attachment 916643View attachment 916644

Maybe PH somehow changed above 7.0 ? It was high last runoff @6.8 - I know PH in soil can change - although good soil is supposed to adjust PH for the better. But hypothetically, if the PH went above 7.0.. could this be a lockout? If so, flush until a ph 6.5? So weird.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks a bit over fed. and could be a PH in the soil issue. If its only a couple leaves I would remove them and discard. It looks like its possible in a couple pics. Is it raised on the top or bottom side or just dying tissue?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Last

Maybe PH somehow changed above 7.0 ? It was high last runoff @6.8 - I know PH in soil can change - although good soil is supposed to adjust PH for the better. But hypothetically, if the PH went above 7.0.. could this be a lockout? If so, flush until a ph 6.5? So weird.
Hi soil PH is not a common thing. what is the ppm of your source water? have you added any amendments?

Livegreen31

Livegreen31

Hi soil PH is not a common thing. what is the ppm of your source water? have you added any amendments?
Last time I watered, my PPMs were 0 - i decided to filtrate my water after I saw some clawing last week in effort to flush some nitrogen out @Aqua Man that was first time I watered with Ppm 0

Livegreen31

Livegreen31

Looks a bit over fed. and could be a PH in the soil issue. If its only a couple leaves I would remove them and discard. It looks like its possible in a couple pics. Is it raised on the top or bottom side or just dying tissue?

thank you very much for your insight. I’m not sure what you mean by “raised” but the copper spots seem to be random, on the top part of leaf only and yes, it is just a couple of leaves. I would not really describe it as dying tissue... Will lay off the nutrients and take your advice on removing the leaves. @Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Last time I watered, my PPMs were 0 - i decided to filtrate my water after I saw some clawing last week in effort to flush some nitrogen out @Aqua Man that was first time I watered with Ppm 0
Yeah I got ya... what is your normal source water? I'm wondering if you have very hi carbonate/bicarbonate that may increase soil PH over time

Livegreen31

Livegreen31

Yeah I got ya... what is your normal source water? I'm wondering if you have very hi carbonate/bicarbonate that may increase soil PH over time
Normal source water is tap water - I let stand for more than 24 hours to get rid of chlorine. Usually Ph of tap water is 7.1. Ppm Is 80-90

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Normal source water is tap water - I let stand for more than 24 hours to get rid of chlorine. Usually Ph of tap water is 7.1. Ppm Is 80-90
nothing wrong with that. can you get pics of those leaves as close as possible in natural light?

Latest posts

Top Bottom