NUTRIENTS build up on roots

• Thread starter Zbishoff404
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zbishoff404

NFT hydroponic setup. Organic roots Buddha grow sticking to roots and building up ok n the roots and suffocating the roots. Then begin to wilt. How do I prevent this?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Organics in hydro is challenging. It sounds like root rot. I would suggest running a beneficial bacteria to help break down the decaying organics and roots by the sounds of it. I would not recommend using organics in hydro without a good amount of knowledge and experience with organics, bacteria and hydro and how they relate to each other. Its not a beginner type of grow. Adding beneficial bacteria will help but you are going to have a lot of challenges to overcome using organics in hydro.

Z

Zbishoff404

Organics in hydro is challenging. It sounds like root rot. I would suggest running a beneficial bacteria to help break down the decaying organics and roots by the sounds of it. I would not recommend using organics in hydro without a good amount of knowledge and experience with organics, bacteria and hydro and how they relate to each other. Its not a beginner type of grow. Adding beneficial bacteria will help but you are going to have a lot of challenges to overcome using organics in hydro.
Thanks for the reply! I do not believe that is it a root for. It's is just the nutrients caking up on the roots, and suffocating the roots. I have to go out a wash the roots off with a hose, and they perk back up.1 I have had to do this multiple times a day. I am in the process of flushing my resivore. I am experienced in non organic hydroponics, thought ibwould attempt organic. Thanks for the info!

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I havnt seen too many successful organic hydro runs.infact I don't think I,v seen even one.im not saying it's not possible, but i v never seen it it done successfully but the lack of successful organic runs being posted suggests it's not something that's easily done.
In my mind the words organic and hydro don't mix coz I know what organic material does in a rez.
If I'm honest It doesn't sound as if your attempt will work if continued on the same path its on .the fact that your roots are being suffocated and have to be washed clean several times a day means their only going to continue to choke your roots out no matter how many times u clean the roots off.

Z

Zbishoff404

I havnt seen too many successful organic hydro runs.infact I don't think I,v seen even one.im not saying it's not possible, but i v never seen it it done successfully but the lack of successful organic runs being posted suggests it's not something that's easily done.
In my mind the words organic and hydro don't mix coz I know what organic material does in a rez.
If I'm honest It doesn't sound as if your attempt will work if continued on the same path its on .the fact that your roots are being suffocated and have to be washed clean several times a day means their only going to continue to choke your roots out no matter how many times u clean the roots off.
Thanks for the info. That's why I am flushing it and going to start them on my normal non organic veg. Nutrients. I thought I would give organic a shot, because I had not seen much on the subject. Thanks for the help! I will now long be growing organically. Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom