Nutrients In Coco

• Thread starter fstate559
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fstate559

fstate559

Just curious to know how everyone is using coco. Some say keep it moist with continuous feeding others say wet-dry cycles

tricky

tricky

never let it dry out completly ,lift pots to feel weight to gain a idea

fstate559

fstate559

Thanks for the replies I was using the botanicare ready Gro areation formula and feeding daily but moved and the local shop carries canna and was told to feed 2-3 times a day regardless how heavy pot was. Thought I would ask around. Thanks again!

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I digg the coco grows I use small pots to grow fair plants and water twice a day regardless clears the salts adds fresh and O2
I have tried to let the coco dry up some and IMHO do not see the yields when I multi water.
Positive Vibes to ya FlyJ

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

Yeh I just let the tools dry out and wait till the pots are quite light to lift not too light tho....and then I feed until I get a bit of run off then in know all the roots are nice and quenched ;)......also leaving your pots in big trays and let you roots suck up the water until they don't suck anymore I've heard this method works very well ;) Ghett

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I water daily from the time the roots are established. This round I started multifeeding daily. Around 3/4 cup nutrient solution to 1 US gallon media 3 times a day. Will know how well this does in about 8 weeks, in the first week of 12/12 with my new setup and unfamiliar strain. All I can say is the main stalk growth is incredible with this watering method. Single flooding was awesome but this method is just insane.

fstate559

fstate559

I hear people get great results from that method and with the purple Urkle I have going would love it, I can't feed them enough but a couple WiFi I have going are kind of droopy with lack of vigor. Maybe I hit them to hard with water after transplant and roots weren't established well

Spider Truck

Spider Truck

Coco is a very forgiving medium, far more so than inorganic mineral mediums like perlite or grow wool. If it does get dry you have a couple of days more grace than with these other mediums - in my experience anyway.

Mr.X

Mr.X

I've had great results watering once a day until they leach enough to fill the bottom pan in 3gl smart pots. However im cutting back a bit on the ppm's and watering twice a day and my girls seem healthier, much less stressed.

Top Bottom