Nutrients precipitating out of solution?

• Thread starter Solarscar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Solarscar

Solarscar

What are your guys thoughts? I have added nutes to my 5 gallon bucket of water and waited a long time to feed. I always get a lockout from PH dramatically dropping while the nutes sat in the water for more an hour or so before feeding

jguit

jguit

Supporter
What kind of water are you starting with? RO, tap, etc? What fertilizer are you using?

Do you SEE any precipitate?

Solarscar

Solarscar

I’m using tap water. I’m adding the ff trio nutes one and a time to a 5 gallon bucket of water stirring real good, let it sit for 20 minutes max, stir, adjust PH, stir and feed. I let it sit for an hour once, feed it and it locked my plant up. I only checked the PH right after I stirred the nutes in. I guess it could of been measured incorrectly, but highly unlikely. I only have had this problem once and the only thing I did different was let the mixed up nutrients sit in the solution forever and not check PH before feeding.

Solarscar

Solarscar

What kind of water are you starting with? RO, tap, etc? What fertilizer are you using?

Do you SEE any precipitate?
I did notice it being cloudy when I add in tiger bloom, for example. Is that indicative of it precipitating out?

If it is precipitating out of solution will there be very low nutes and possibly acidic? Especially with an OMRI rated, big bloom type of product?

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Not necessarily. I haven't used FF fertilizer or any organic fertilizers for that matter, so i really can't offer any advice. I'm sure someone who is familiar with FF fertilizers can help more.

I assume you're growing in soil?

Solarscar

Solarscar

Not necessarily. I haven't used FF fertilizer or any organic fertilizers for that matter, so i really can't offer any advice. I'm sure someone who is familiar with FF fertilizers can help more.

I assume you're growing in soil?
Yes sir. Growing in ffof

jguit

jguit

Supporter
What makes you think you're having pH issues? A soil grower is more qualified to answer but i though one of the draws to soil is that you don't have to dick around with the pH of your feed.

How much are you feeding them? What stage of growth are they in? Container size? Type of light? Environment (temps, RH, etc)? Pics would help as well..

Latest posts

Top Bottom