nutrients with every water?

• Thread starter linky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
supercharged

supercharged

hey bro wats goin on?
i use to feed every time i watered but have been gettin better results recently by readin my plants a lil more an feedin them wen they ask for it (wen i say better i mean improved quality)

i got no science to back this up, i just think my bud tastes better wen its not been rammed with nutes throughout the cycle.

hope this helps bro
peace, SC

Z

zombywolf

No, it depends on your watering schedule. Plants can handle ferts up to their needs-after that it is a waste. I only fert 1x per week, never had any issues with growth or flowering. Water and fert once per week, then top individual plants with water in between as needed.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No! The soil already has nutrients in it, and you'll kill them doing that.

Also, nothing you've listed except perhaps the LK is actually organic.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Depends on this and that. How big your pot is, how big your plant is, how many days in the pot, how many ml are you feeding, strain, what soil, ect
I use PBP and I feed at 10ml gallon in veg every time and it works nice, I also pot up several times so they fill the pots with roots fast and can handle it every time. If you pot up into a larger pot with hot soil dont feed as much.
Once there in flower Ill feed almost every time, again i feed weak at 10-15ml gallons with aditives like calmag, hydroplex, that add ppms to the fert. If you doint use these you could feed higher, but i think the recomended feeds by botanicare are way to hi. Start low and if your plants need more you can bump it up. Also I use the PBP grow the first 2 weeks of flower or the plants will yellow on me, from my low feeding program, and the OG platninum i grow is a nitrogen hog. Hope that helps

B

BobbyHopkins

One time, I fed three times to every fresh watering (feed, feed, feed, water) with chemical feeds, the General Hydroponics advanced drain to waste regiment. It came out well, good quality and health wise. The yield was a little light though, oddly. But I went back to feeding every other watering (feed, water, feed, water), I think that's the best way to go. My plants need water every other day.

I'm currently using the Earth Juice line, with good results. I've got strains that do better with low NPK so I figure I might as well go organic. EJ feeds are super cheap which is usually not the case with organic feeds.

Bountea seems to be a very effective product if everything you're using is organic (which is not the case with you).

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
My previous nute schedule had me feeding with every watering, the idea being that rather than giving the plants the strength on the bottle and a stated feed water water, I diluted to 1/3 strength.

outwest

B

BobbyHopkins

Yeah I can see feeding every time with a lighter solution. That's pretty much what the GH regiment calls for but that one still tells you to give them a fresh one every 4th watering, despite the diluted feed strength. I would think that a full strength meal at staggered times would be more effective than a consistent light meal. I have no science to back it up, just what I think.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Yeah I can see feeding every time with a lighter solution. That's pretty much what the GH regiment calls for but that one still tells you to give them a fresh one every 4th watering, despite the diluted feed strength. I would think that a full strength meal at staggered times would be more effective than a consistent light meal. I have no science to back it up, just what I think.

This was my last grow, feeding pura vida and a few others odds and ends with every watering. I was very pleased with the results.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...mix-coco-pura-vida-nutes-w-a-growzilla.44022/

outwest

B

BobbyHopkins

Very nice!! Looks like you got a great yield from that. Have you tried growing the same strains, with the same conditions and alternating feed water? That will definitively tell you if it's better.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Very nice!! Looks like you got a great yield from that. Have you tried growing the same strains, with the same conditions and alternating feed water? That will definitively tell you if it's better.

Thanks, I have not tried this as an alternative. I was following a schedule that was given to me by a trusted associate, specific to the nutes I was using. My current run I'm using a heavily amended super soil, so it's all water, all the time. :)

outwest

manitoid.

manitoid.

Running with Earth Juice's line, give them the grow/bloom nute, catalyst and micro with every feeding, meta-K and guano every third/fourth

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Running with Earth Juice's line, give them the grow/bloom nute, catalyst and micro with every feeding, meta-K and guano every third/fourth

Screenshot 20160317 003719

I was feeding every other watering with the light dosage of the EJ lineup. Feed>water>feed etc. Some showed less green in leaves. Some had weird spots and such.

Then just recently I fed every watering (past 3 times in a row).
And man did my plants start to show increased health quite quickly.

It may be due to me bubbling my nutes before feeding.
It may be due to not flushing as much water through the soil during plain water waterings. Now when I feed or water I use a measured amount per pot each time.

I'm still experimenting with applying light nute feeds every watering.
And will attempt to find the threshold where the plants tell me otherwise. I'm not quite ready to give heavier nute feeds just yet.

It's like eating snacks/small meals throughout the day your metabolism goes up and you feel good.
But when you eat 3 giant meals during the day. Your body slows down a lot trying to process and store it all and you get fat lol.

Last edited:
N

ninjaballs

if your gonna use liquid products then just follow the directions.

B

Backwoods420

U can use Molasses every watering and it wont hurt a bit, all it will do is feed your microbes and give ur plant some cal-mag

T

The Bagwan

My previous nute schedule had me feeding with every watering, the idea being that rather than giving the plants the strength on the bottle and a stated feed water water, I diluted to 1/3 strength.

I've been watering with nutes every feed and I've noticed if I just keep the ppm's down my results have been quite interesting. I have noticed that every single one of my plants is lush green with no burning. What's your guys's take on this?

outwest

jamk911

jamk911

im having the same dilemma.. my problem is i only water every week.. soo fox farms feeding schedules calling for some nutes every WEEK.. yet the bottles are saying every other watering..
Soo idk which way to go by.. thinking go every watering for myself..

Dr.B

Dr.B

Totally depends on many factors.
I feed every time. I grow in pro mix hp with 20% added perlite. I water through 30% every first feed, followed 24 hours later with another half liter of the same feed mix. Its usually 24 hours before the pots are dry after the smaller feed. Repeat cycle... Predictable 48 hour cycle. If I don't feed, they starve.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I've also been feeding every watering. At 1/4 strength using optimum hydroponix. Only water some every 2-3 days indoors. Outdoors everyday with this heat waves were having in southern Ontario this summer.

I have to agree that smaller portions more frequently for me at least keeps me going all day no coffee needed. No 3pm nod offs. Plus I never really feel hungry or full either tho.

Now if it works for plants too? No idea.
I never did a side by side! I did just pop 2 sour D's a week ago was planning parking them in dwc.

I should try comparing something!

Top Bottom