nutrients with every water?

• Thread starter linky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kbong

kbong

im having the same dilemma.. my problem is i only water every week.. soo fox farms feeding schedules calling for some nutes every WEEK.. yet the bottles are saying every other watering..
Soo idk which way to go by.. thinking go every watering for myself..

kbong

kbong

did you find out how your watering schedule ended up being w nutes

bobbobby

bobbobby

Totally depends on many factors.
I feed every time. I grow in pro mix hp with 20% added perlite. I water through 30% every first feed, followed 24 hours later with another half liter of the same feed mix. Its usually 24 hours before the pots are dry after the smaller feed. Repeat cycle... Predictable 48 hour cycle. If I don't feed, they starve.
Im using Pro Mix for my outdoor plants in 20 gal pots... I find im watering everyday about 5 litres... I am feeding(20-20-20) every 2nd watering... But i notice my plants are turning light green to yellow all over... Mainly on the fan leaves though... Looks like a Nitrogen Defeciency... But i was wondering if the Strait Watering Day in between, is washing all the Nutrients Away b4 it can use them... -So its 5 ltrs with Half a Tablespoon of 20-20-20... Then the Next Day it's Just Strait Water...? Idk

bobbobby

bobbobby

I've also been feeding every watering. At 1/4 strength using optimum hydroponix. Only water some every 2-3 days indoors. Outdoors everyday with this heat waves were having in southern Ontario this summer.

I have to agree that smaller portions more frequently for me at least keeps me going all day no coffee needed. No 3pm nod offs. Plus I never really feel hungry or full either tho.

Now if it works for plants too? No idea.
I never did a side by side! I did just pop 2 sour D's a week ago was planning parking them in dwc.

I should try comparing something!
Im using Pro Mix for my outdoor plants in 20 gal pots... I find im watering everyday about 5 litres... I am feeding(20-20-20) every 2nd watering... But i notice my plants are turning light green to yellow all over... Mainly on the fan leaves though... Looks like a Nitrogen Defeciency... But i was wondering if the Strait Watering Day in between, is washing all the Nutrients Away b4 it can use them... -So its 5 ltrs with Half a Tablespoon of 20-20-20... Then the Next Day it's Just Strait Water...? Idk

MacroLogos

MacroLogos

Are you suppose to give nutrients with every water when growing in soil?

I use pure blend pro grow (for veg) and bloom (for flower)
aquashield
liquid karma
sweet

thanks!
After all the advice all I could add is this:

It is always better to underfeed than overfeed.

Overfeeding seems to cause more damage to yeild & quality... in my limited experiance.

You really should get a TDS/EC meter and learn how to use it... if you're going to play with chemistry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom