Nutrients

• Thread starter JesseStanton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JesseStanton

Please help, i know i am probably asking a question that has been asked a million times... but when i search i can not find the right answer and dont want to mess my medicine up when i get them this week...

My question is about the nutrients i went in to find out what nutrients i needed at my local store and the guy busted out a list of things i need to put in there!

Like ohh shit... Soil was never this hard!

Please help what should i use, where should i look to find info on this... and when i apply this?

if there is any you tube videos on this that would be best :) im kinda slow when it comes to reading, im better when i am shown, or i can ask questions :D

S

sweetness

well it depends, from the tone of your post im assuming that ur gonna try some hydro? or will u be soil based.

audius

audius

ya,you need your base nutes,& your sub nutes.i use floranova grow as my main nute,subs are,cal-mag, liquid karma,& hygrozyme for my roots,,chances are theres something im not using that i should but,,im learning to,,for my flowers,i use floranova bloom,liquid karma,cal-mag,kablooom,& hygrozyme..its easyer to grow dirt,but the payoff isnt the same

C

cheef

has anyone ever used iguana juice bloom and grow how about overdrive for the last two weeks while you flushing

B

BayArea

Jesse,

If you've got the time read my thread, you might find some valuble info:

J

JesseStanton

Its a hydroponic setup... nothing complex wont be using the CO2 intill i get better and the setup is going to be in my moms garage cause times are tuff and moving the family into the familys house :)

I was thinkning of Setting up a Dexter containment in the corner of the garage with white plastic just to grow me and my wifes supply... Not to quick with long storys just looking for something simple to get started with...

Thanks for the link to the mad info on growing in the soil very informative :)

To bad i pulled a stoner mover and forgot to put the most important part :D Hydro

Thanks - Shaka

I

Iouka

My brother and I will be growing together to provide high quality medicine for those in need. I have never grown before, but my brother has become quite the green thumb and am learning everything I can from him. Since he started growing he was turned on to advanced nutrients and is currently using the grow, micro, bloom in soil and is in the flowering stage started using a product called open Sesame by Fox Farm. For our first grow together we will be doing all hydroponics and I want to stick w AN. After doing so much research about AN and talking to other people it is obvious we are using the best stuff. Now my question is how can we get the most bang for our buck only using AN product? Should we stick w the three part phase and then add other product like Big Bud, Connoissuer, Overdrive, Bud Blood, Voodoo Juice? or are we just making this more difficult than needs to be. Please help cause would hate to ruin 12 plants for our first grow. Keep in mind we have not started anything yet but would like to start this upcoming Sunday. We are going to work our way up to 20 plants so advise would be great for AN product.

J

JesseStanton

well all i know is AN is the top choice for more growers and as far as i know you add those other nutrients when you know what the fuck your doing and can Make your plants bigger and better :D but who am i, i am in the same boat!

I

Iouka

Yeah I went on AN website and printed out the nutrient calculator based on a 7 week schedule and it listed the nutrients I need based on the three part system. SO now I know what works well with what.

convex

convex

Proof positive that AN's advertizing and product placements work! LOL

Not knocking AN, lots of folks swear by it and get awesome results, but it is damned expensive, complicated and not complete (if you go by AN's recommendations) requiring all manner of additives at not so friendly prices.

If it is your first go at it I would recommend trying some of the simpler two part regimens from GH, Botanicare or the like to get acquainted with nuances of hydro before investing in the AN Chemistry Set of solutions.

Just an opinion ;)

C

Cygnus

I use AN 3 part with some Bud Blood the first week of bloom then big bud and bud candy for 5 weeks then Overdrive for 2 weeks and final phase for the last week. I have been using a little Hygrozyme and F1 this grow and couldn't be happpier. I use about 225.00 in nutes for 1 LB of killer no popcorn Meds.

A

afatsoweezer

hey JesseStanton ... want it simple and inexpensive?

Price these three bottles of Humboldt: Grow/Bloom/Micro. A three-part schedule works great for many (the back of the bottles explain everything), then maybe add a Cal/Mag. All the rest is add-as-you-grow until you can get on your feet.

Best of luck!

C

CoughingMan

I am currently working on my 2nd grow.

in my first grow i didnt know much and I had the
general hydro 3 part and that is all i used.
the bud turned out pretty decent.

I am currently in the process of my 2nd grow and this
is what i use...

Humboldt Nutrients - Master A
Humboldt Nutrients - Master B
Humboldt Nutrients - Verde (In Veg Only)

General Hydroponics - FloraBlend
General Hydroponics - FloraNectar
General Hydroponics - KoolBloom (Only in Bud)

I feed with every other watering at full strength under
a 1000 watt HPS... these are my results thus far....

plants_web_1-6.jpg

plants_web2_1-6.jpg

plants_web3_1-6.jpg

does this look pretty good? all my buddies who grow say it looks great. I am about 1.5 weeks into flower and the tallest bush is a lil over 2 ft.

H

hbstoner

Check out bossman's thread. Lots of great side by side comparisons in there ..

convex

convex

does this look pretty good? all my buddies who grow say it looks great. I am about 1.5 weeks into flower and the tallest bush is a lil over 2 ft.

They certainly look happy - might even be able to start upping the nutes a bit at this point.

N

noone88

I have done quality comparisons with/without fulvic/humics and their is a noticeable difference in the quality, specifically resin and potency.

There is an argument that humic acid is a macro molecule and is hard or cannot be used correctly by the plant.

I recommend either using Diamond Nectar (10ml/gal) in your nutrient reservoir and as a foliar spray. If you have the money, also use AN's F1 and H2, or use similar humic products like Ful-Power or other BioAG products.

N

noone88

Use only the light feeding schedule on the AN calculator. And round down.

You will kill your plants if you use the bloom boosters according to their medium feeding calculator.

Top Bottom