NWElite89 6-plant DWC/UC Grow (Critcal Kush, Acapulco Gold, Liberty Haze, Sour Haze

• Thread starter NWElite89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NWElite89

Yes I am in flowering period right now. Currently 1.5 weeks

N

NWElite89

Small Update- Day 12 of flower

The plants seem to be doing better. The past 48 hours, I have seen the ppms drop to 300 and the ph swing. Drinking a lot of water. Sour Haze is at the 28 inches and when the lights turn on, the plant tips go past the reflectors...... hahaha. I plan on moving the lights up in the next day or two. I didn't expect the sour haze to get big in the system that quick, so I am keeping the lights lower than I should for that Sativa plant, but I need the light down for Critical Kush which has a light spacing of 18 inches currently. OH well, multi-strain issues......Just for reference, the top of the cages in the pictures are at 24". Cant wait for buds to show and get those close ups! Keeping the clones in the cloner at least for another week or so. Still have not change the water on the cloning system and I don't think I will at this point. The roots are robust, and not discolored and there is more than enough water in the res. I keep telling myself I will, but I just need patience. They will soon be going into 5 gal dwc buckets for there pre-veg before dropping in the UC4xl.

Room Temp 80
Humidity- 54
PPM 300 (dropped 40)

IMAG0718
IMAG0731
IMAG0739
IMAG0747
IMAG0749
T

tipper619sd

Small Update- Day 12 of flower

The plants seem to be doing better. The past 48 hours, I have seen the ppms drop to 300 and the ph swing. Drinking a lot of water. Sour Haze is at the 28 inches and when the lights turn on, the plant tips go past the reflectors...... hahaha. I plan on moving the lights up in the next day or two. I didn't expect the sour haze to get big in the system that quick, so I am keeping the lights lower than I should for that Sativa plant, but I need the light down for Critical Kush which has a light spacing of 18 inches currently. OH well, multi-strain issues......Just for reference, the top of the cages in the pictures are at 24". Cant wait for buds to show and get those close ups! Keeping the clones in the cloner at least for another week or so. Still have not change the water on the cloning system and I don't think I will at this point. The roots are robust, and not discolored and there is more than enough water in the res. I keep telling myself I will, but I just need patience. They will soon be going into 5 gal dwc buckets for there pre-veg before dropping in the UC4xl.

Room Temp 80
Humidity- 54
PPM 300 (dropped 40)

Looking nice cant wait for the flowers .

N

NWElite89

Day 55 Update- 17 in flower

Added 10 gallons of water of plain ph water in the past 3 days, and the plant seem to be doing well. They keep drinking and the ppms have fallen nicely. Every time I see that Sour Haze, it just makes me laugh at how big it is. I swear all the nutrients go straight to that plant :). Definitely been able to see the pre flower spots. I was really looking for them at dark, and it was hard to get some pictures and then when the lights turned on, I was able to see them perfectly. I added 5 gallons of water of plain ph water on Tuesday, which brought the water level back up to where it should be. The ppms are sitting at 120 ppm currently, so they drank approximate 160ppm in a weeks time. Sometimes its so hard balancing out the feeding patterns between the different strains. I think I will be keep following the chart, but will probably will do 12ml/gal or 160-170ml of Aqua Flakes A/B is my guess.

N

NWElite89

Day 55 Update 2- 17 in flower

Got a little bit late start today, and as I was changing my water today the lamps went into their "night mode" and I had not begun to re-fill with the the weeks nutes :( Good thing for green bulbs! I filled the water just a little bit more than I usually do and I put in the 167ml of nutes in the system and my readings came out to 380ppm and realized that was last weeks nutes.....that was stupid. Waited 15 minutes as H&G suggest before adding the A/B again. All together, it was 210ml of the the Aqua Flakes A/B. I added 75ml of Multi-zen, and I think 10ml of Drip Clean. Currently the system is sitting at 550ppm at the moment, with tap water coming out at 20ppm. From 550 to the 380 last week is 170, which is only 10ppm difference from the plants drank last week. Not going off the schedule, and listening to their feeds patterns, lets hope it works and not get my tips burnt. Just for reference in the picture is the Sour Haze sitting at 37". Almost all my sour hazes finished at 36", so its still amazing even though I keep saying it every post. The UC is definitely powerful with that strain. I plan on running some BUD-XL next week for the strains that are 8 weeks. stoked to for the CKS and the training that I can do next round, now that I have seen how the babies can bush out (just basing that off the "potential bud sites" that will be coming in the next weeks. More close-ups to follow later in the weekend.

IMAG0798
IMAG0801
IMAG0807
IMAG0810
IMAG0813
T

tipper619sd

Day 55 Update 2- 17 in flower

Got a little bit late start today, and as I was changing my water today the lamps went into their "night mode" and I had not begun to re-fill with the the weeks nutes :( Good thing for green bulbs! I filled the water just a little bit more than I usually do and I put in the 167ml of nutes in the system and my readings came out to 380ppm and realized that was last weeks nutes.....that was stupid. Waited 15 minutes as H&G suggest before adding the A/B again. All together, it was 210ml of the the Aqua Flakes A/B. I added 75ml of Multi-zen, and I think 10ml of Drip Clean. Currently the system is sitting at 550ppm at the moment, with tap water coming out at 20ppm. From 550 to the 380 last week is 170, which is only 10ppm difference from the plants drank last week. Not going off the schedule, and listening to their feeds patterns, lets hope it works and not get my tips burnt. Just for reference in the picture is the Sour Haze sitting at 37". Almost all my sour hazes finished at 36", so its still amazing even though I keep saying it every post. The UC is definitely powerful with that strain. I plan on running some BUD-XL next week for the strains that are 8 weeks. stoked to for the CKS and the training that I can do next round, now that I have seen how the babies can bush out (just basing that off the "potential bud sites" that will be coming in the next weeks. More close-ups to follow later in the weekend.

looking great man and ya the uc rocks big time. Looks like u got those girls in check. Cant wait to see them in full flower and ur next run sounds even better .

N

NWElite89

Day 58 Update- Day 20/21

Looks like the nutrient strength mix was pretty much on point. Right now the ppms are sitting at 520ppm, with the ph at 6.0. I have not added any water water yet to the system (plain), but will probably do that in the next day or two. I bumped up the lights AGAIN! because the Sour Haze was growing into the lights and practically bending and get a little bit heat stress. That puts the lights about 20-22 inches away from the smaller Critical Kush plants which is high for my taste. Since I raised the lights, I decided to bump my bulbs up the 1000 watts for the past two days and so far so good. Room conditions are are getting at 80F max for the normal plants and about 85F for the Sour Haze (bumped up my fan speed on the lights to help keep them a little cooler). Room Humidity has been sitting at 50% in the night conditions, and 34-40% when the lights are turned on. I forgot to change out the water in the humidifier so that was why it has been the low for two days. The CK's haven been loving the extra light and have been filling out nicely and will look great with little Christmas trees on them. I did some more lolly-popping on the ladies a little bit more to try and prune them for the actual main bud branches. The Liberty Haze was super bushy so I thinned her out nicely and she looks a lot better now as well with the Sour Haze. The Sour Haze stands at 44" right now, and the rest of the canopy is sitting at 20-27", CK's being the smallest; even the little Acapulco Gold is taller now that them. Clones are doing well and have roots that are damn near 3 feet of nice healthy white roots. Really happy with the way they turned out and I think are going to be transplanted into the 5 gallon for the pre-veg. I really want to train these girls well. I need to get another light (1000 preferably). I might keep them in the system for another week or so, while I get that situation figured out. Cant smell anything right now, still early though, but I always love smelling and enjoy comparing the strains. Here are some pictures and a re-cap:

Room Temp- D-(80-85) N-(61-64)
Humidity- D-(34-40) N-(50)
Water Temp- D-68.5 N-64
PPMS- 520 (down from 550)
PH- 6.0 (up from 5.7)

IMAG0838
IMAG0839
IMAG0840
IMAG0843
IMAG0845
IMAG0846
IMAG0847
IMAG0848
T

tipper619sd

Day 58 Update- Day 20/21

Looks like the nutrient strength mix was pretty much on point. Right now the ppms are sitting at 520ppm, with the ph at 6.0. I have not added any water water yet to the system (plain), but will probably do that in the next day or two. I bumped up the lights AGAIN! because the Sour Haze was growing into the lights and practically bending and get a little bit heat stress. That puts the lights about 20-22 inches away from the smaller Critical Kush plants which is high for my taste. Since I raised the lights, I decided to bump my bulbs up the 1000 watts for the past two days and so far so good. Room conditions are are getting at 80F max for the normal plants and about 85F for the Sour Haze (bumped up my fan speed on the lights to help keep them a little cooler). Room Humidity has been sitting at 50% in the night conditions, and 34-40% when the lights are turned on. I forgot to change out the water in the humidifier so that was why it has been the low for two days. The CK's haven been loving the extra light and have been filling out nicely and will look great with little Christmas trees on them. I did some more lolly-popping on the ladies a little bit more to try and prune them for the actual main bud branches. The Liberty Haze was super bushy so I thinned her out nicely and she looks a lot better now as well with the Sour Haze. The Sour Haze stands at 44" right now, and the rest of the canopy is sitting at 20-27", CK's being the smallest; even the little Acapulco Gold is taller now that them. Clones are doing well and have roots that are damn near 3 feet of nice healthy white roots. Really happy with the way they turned out and I think are going to be transplanted into the 5 gallon for the pre-veg. I really want to train these girls well. I need to get another light (1000 preferably). I might keep them in the system for another week or so, while I get that situation figured out. Cant smell anything right now, still early though, but I always love smelling and enjoy comparing the strains. Here are some pictures and a re-cap:

Room Temp- D-(80-85) N-(61-64)
Humidity- D-(34-40) N-(50)
Water Temp- D-68.5 N-64
PPMS- 520 (down from 550)
PH- 6.0 (up from 5.7)

they are surely growing big time man looking great !

N

NWElite89

Day 62 Update 24 in flower

Things are looking great and the plants are eating whatever I have been throwing at it. The Sour Haze has been slowing down its stretch and beginning to focus on its bud-structures. You can see a difference between the "hair" growth on the plants from the past few days. The Acapulco Golds have been stretching nicely and I am hoping to see that nice beautiful cola that will turn into a trophy for sure. They look to be the most behind as far as buds, but I know Sativa s can take a little longer to develop....not even worried. Critical Kushes have been loving the 1,000 watt and is making the canopy much denser and providing a lot of colas. She is a late brancher, but will look good with Christmas trees starting to form. Moved up the lights a bit as well, as everything has been growing nicely with the Ck's at almost 24". Changed out the nutrients and did a complete system flush. Ran the water a little high in the system, but I believe i put in 300ml of Aqua Flakes A/B, 50ML of Cal-Mag, 75ml of Bud-Xl. Going to apply some Azamax tomorrow and possibly work on the transplant for my clones....will see. Went to the store and bought a 2.5 gallon jug like you do for camping water supply and it fits perfectly in the 14 gallon totes, let alone it keeps my system about 1.5 degrees cooler on average. I noticed that the the Sour Haze has a little burn on the tips, so ill continue to monitor and watch it for any signs of stress as with the other plants as well. Anyway, here are some current photos and current system readings

Room Conditions

Room Temp- 79
Humidity 43%
PPM's 660 (tap 20ppm)
Water Temp 66
PH 5.7, 5.8

IMAG0892
IMAG0893
IMAG0894
IMAG0895
IMAG0898
IMAG0899
IMAG0900
IMAG0901
IMAG0907
B

Burned Haze

Wonderful grow man :)

May I ask why ur ppm are like 300 when I am doing 700-1000 ppm during flower even 1200 or so on my heavier feeders with no burning and signs of abundance ?
My buddies who runs a UC system runs a very similar ppm alsoand his plants look amazing? Is it size of plants? Cause you seemed to keep it at that whole grow. But isn't 5.5-5.8 a better ph lever for flowering?

N

NWElite89

@Burned Haze

Thanks for stoppin by! My ppms are actually at the 600 level in week 3/4 of flowering. I just listen to my plants and watch the ppm flucate low or high and the adjust my feeding schedule to that. All strains are different and will have different eating levels. The UC is very efficient with how it delivers food/water to the plants roots and everybody recommends at least 1/4 to 1/2 strength nutes. I think each system is different no matter what the strain is, you just have to adapt. Heck, there are some UC grows that some users have pushed there ppms closer to the 2,000 mark. Ive been listening to Texas Kid and doing what he suggested for the ph, 6.0- in veg, and closer to 5.8 in flowering. Everything seems to work nicely. Maybe next grow, I may encounter higher ppms with one strain in the system.....but who knows.

kushluvr

kushluvr

just ph the water in the cloner down to as close to 5.5 and your gonna see roots much faster..........i have 1ft long roots after 14 days in my ez cloner

T

tipper619sd

Day 62 Update 24 in flower

Things are looking great and the plants are eating whatever I have been throwing at it. The Sour Haze has been slowing down its stretch and beginning to focus on its bud-structures. You can see a difference between the "hair" growth on the plants from the past few days. The Acapulco Golds have been stretching nicely and I am hoping to see that nice beautiful cola that will turn into a trophy for sure. They look to be the most behind as far as buds, but I know Sativa s can take a little longer to develop....not even worried. Critical Kushes have been loving the 1,000 watt and is making the canopy much denser and providing a lot of colas. She is a late brancher, but will look good with Christmas trees starting to form. Moved up the lights a bit as well, as everything has been growing nicely with the Ck's at almost 24". Changed out the nutrients and did a complete system flush. Ran the water a little high in the system, but I believe i put in 300ml of Aqua Flakes A/B, 50ML of Cal-Mag, 75ml of Bud-Xl. Going to apply some Azamax tomorrow and possibly work on the transplant for my clones....will see. Went to the store and bought a 2.5 gallon jug like you do for camping water supply and it fits perfectly in the 14 gallon totes, let alone it keeps my system about 1.5 degrees cooler on average. I noticed that the the Sour Haze has a little burn on the tips, so ill continue to monitor and watch it for any signs of stress as with the other plants as well. Anyway, here are some current photos and current system readings

Room Conditions

Room Temp- 79
Humidity 43%
PPM's 660 (tap 20ppm)
Water Temp 66
PH 5.7, 5.8

Looks great NWE keep up the great work man

N

NWElite89

Day 65 Update Day 28 in Flower

My nutrients strength was just a little too powerful this round. Within 24 hours, the PPM had jumped up 30 points. I kept that way for another day or two and to see how it would handle, and its just stayed there for the other 24 hours. At this point, I decided to put in 10-gal of ph water in the system, which put my water level a littler higher than what I wanted, but it dropped the ppms down to 570 for two days now. I will go a little less next time, but still continue to watch closely. The tips of the leafs had a little burn on them, but not bad. Plants are getting stronger in terms of scent and its smells good:) Basically halfway point now. Cant wait to see some of the weight being put on the in the next few weeks to really see the change. Here are some few pictures for you to look at. More will come later in the week and I will try and get some pictures with some better "bud structure" shots. Pictures sometimes don't do these girls justice.

Room Conditions

Room Temp- 79
Humidity 43%
PPM 570
Water Temp 67
Ph 5.7

IMAG0923
IMAG0929
IMAG0930
IMAG0932
IMAG0933
IMAG0934
IMAG0938
T

tipper619sd

Day 65 Update Day 28 in Flower

My nutrients strength was just a little too powerful this round. Within 24 hours, the PPM had jumped up 30 points. I kept that way for another day or two and to see how it would handle, and its just stayed there for the other 24 hours. At this point, I decided to put in 10-gal of ph water in the system, which put my water level a littler higher than what I wanted, but it dropped the ppms down to 570 for two days now. I will go a little less next time, but still continue to watch closely. The tips of the leafs had a little burn on them, but not bad. Plants are getting stronger in terms of scent and its smells good:) Basically halfway point now. Cant wait to see some of the weight being put on the in the next few weeks to really see the change. Here are some few pictures for you to look at. More will come later in the week and I will try and get some pictures with some better "bud structure" shots. Pictures sometimes don't do these girls justice.

Room Conditions

Room Temp- 79
Humidity 43%
PPM 570
Water Temp 67
Ph 5.7

Sounds like u got it dialed in NWE looking good in there

N

NWElite89

Day 74 Update- Day 37 in Flower

Been a while since I have posted on the forum, but been busy with some work/school and maintaining a lifestyle sometimes gets to be a headache. Spring is upon us and the weather is slowly, but surely getting nicer and have been playing with my environments. Anyway..............plants have been progressing like they should and get a that 10 gallons about every two days as like the other posts. Noticed I have a few spider mites, so I have been paying close attention to that, and really hitting them with the Azamax. I have only seen two in the past 3 days, so I am progressing towards eradication. Having issues with humidity in my veg setup right now, as it only getting 40% with an open 600 watt. Thinking I may go to venting hood on that, and the small humidifier will probably work better. I have tied some of the Sour Haze branches to the tomato cages for support and to provide more light to the Critical Kush's. Also noticed that my pipe gets clogged with the roots about every 3-5 days. I might get a speed controller and tone that down for the next round. The girls want to stay at about that 580ppm range, as I attempted to 650 and the responded with a burned tips, so I have been trying to keep it at that range and just see how they respond. Almost out of my House and Garden so I need to re-up that ASAP. Here are some pictures, tried to get some new shots for ya.

IMAG0986
IMAG0991
IMAG1003
IMAG1005
IMAG1008
IMAG1011
IMAG1012
IMAG1014
T

tipper619sd

Rocking man looking good. I have also seen my plants dont like it over 500 ppms in the uc but that is strain dependent and for 17 days in sounds like u got some nice girls over there. My girls only frink at around 400 ppm right now im in around 17days myself give or take but i had some root aphids and shocked my girls for about 10 days when i did the root drench . Things are gonna get big in there real soon man keep up the great work.

N

NWElite89

Pre Harvest Update
*Week 9
Sorry its has been so long on posting on the forum, been battling life struggles, mixed with growing always leads to late posts and not being up to date. Unfortunately in my garden, the Acapulco Gold did not produce anything during the flowering phase. The buds turned out wispy and never formed any dense colas. I don't have the exact reason as to why the didn't produce any "real buds". I did not have any blockage in my pipes and had plenty of oxygen, but never did anything. The others looked real good and our well on their way to being harvested within the next week. I decided to cut those down and just have to cut my losses on that strain. Really upset by that plant not doing anything at all, but maybe i received a crazy batch of seeds, or something I missed during the flowering phase that caused them to die and not produce. Since that whole fiasco went down, i reduced my lights down to one, 1000 watt light. The Ck went a little longer than I wanted, but due to life, shit happens.The Sour Haze has some nice big buds and the stock is huge, but sadly, wont be the yield I was hoping for. I have learned a lot about this grow and am excited to apply the knowledge to the next one. My clones of the Critical Kush have blown up the past 3 weeks, and our going to be pretty damn big. I went back to basics when vegging my plants, as I put them in 4, (5) gallon buckets, with a Danner- Ap60 which has the air screaming out of the air stones that have built some nice root structure. I was hoping I could put a tomato cage on them, but I dont think I will have the opportunity to do so because of the them being so huge already. When i switch up the UC and go down to 4 plants for flowering, I am thinking about doing a SCROG and making this indica bush out and produce some hefty weight. After doing a couple runs with my room setup, I think I finally figured out the way to produce the most for my setup. If these CK's produce like they say they will, then I should have a 2lb harvest. I think having a net is basically required when they get bigger as these colas practically fall over no matter how thick the branch is and giving them support to allow even light across the canopy. I have been thinking about this the past 2 weeks, and I think it is really possible to do 2lbs per 4 plants, if not more with proper training and possibly a 5 week veg. Thinking two plants per 600 watt or 1,000 with the SCROG should be able to do 8oz. Ill post pictures of that setup when I get to that point, so you can see what I am talking about. Perhaps I may return to the Acapulco Gold, but I think right now, I want to go back to basics, and focusing with one strains, and then go back to two strains.Who knows, might change the way i do that too. Here are some pictures of the grow the past few weeks. Will try and add some more throughout the week, and some of the new setup in the weeks to follow. Keep looking out for the weight, and the link to the new thread. Hope everyone has continued success growing their favorite strains.

IMAG1011
IMAG1030
IMAG1043
IMAG1049
IMAG1065
IMAG1071
IMAG1079
IMAG1080
IMAG1081
IMAG1176
Top Bottom