NY State Heath Commitee Passes MMJ Bill!!

• Thread starter keenstylie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

keenstylie

Hello fellow New Yorkians. This really hasn't been posted anywhere but MPP. For the first time ever the New York State Senate Health commitee called a vote reguading patients rights to use marijuana. Under the bill the patients would be allowed to have 12 mature cannabis plants, and up too 2.5 oz's of usable marijuana. The cool thing is, ever single year for the past 5-6 years the senate has failed to call a vote on this subject. Its a fancy way of not having to take any political risk with certain issues so they just stall, then the bill must be introduced!.Every summer they have done this evil little tactic, until this year when they are in such a financial crisis they'll do just about anything. Anyways the vote was called and PASSED on tuesday morning. The bill was reffered to the Committe of Codes.. It has to go through a few more hurdles before law, but some sources say that they are trying to usher the bill along and get it passed into law, and signed by Gov. Patterson by this summers break. Anybody that lives in NYS NOW IS THE TIME TO BECOME INVOLVED. Please call your state senator guys. It sounds to cliche, but for every person that calls, it represents 30 people from your district, and if you take the time to write a letter or email, it represents 100. People are needlessly suffering(most from paranoia=) and dying, while law enforcement is slowly amassing more and more power by small time dealers, and getting bigger and bigger budgest every year to fight marijuana with YOUR MONEY! thanks guys.
peace
-keEn

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
big news
ive heard thursday obama was suppose to tlk bout the issue havnt heard anything since thx for the great info

B

boxmunch9

fuck yes, I might buy a ticket back home when this shit goes through

M

mitsu.one

Premium Member
Supporter
Ahhh,Finally. NYS needs cash bad. This is gonna sail thru. Maybe a little tweeking here and there but its gonna happen. Patterson's pen is all dipped and ready...mitsu

S

StonedOwl

We're getting there people! City by city, state by state. By god we are getting there. It's hard to stop a boulder once it starts rolling downhill!

F

forehead

No doubt! T4HC (The Four Head Collective) is ready to roll in the Hudson Valley!

K

keenstylie

its like they are racing against each other or something.. its def amusing to watch. now that they realized medical mj can pay for medicaid its a different ballgame.. I predict/ HOPE TO GOD they push this bill forward before the summer recess!

P

Pistil Pete

This is excellent news, indeed.
12 mature plants and 2.5 oz dried is plenty of medication for this NY boy.
Everyone in NY please contact/call/write/email your senators and let them know how you feel.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Well with this bill moving a long, I might be moving back home sooner than I ever thought.

B

BigDaddyc9

I am a NY'er waiting patiently for this to happen.I write,e-mail and telephone my reps daily.I have recieved several letters back in response.The usual"your thoughts mean something".Being a chronic pain patient on a scripted dose of 480mg of Oxycontin and a power puker on top of that,my very life depends on this bill passing.No I won't stop using MMj for my documented illness,even if it doesn't pass.However much of the stress in my life centers on my choice of medicine.I cannot tell you how many times I've had to literally put my safety on the line to score an underweight and under potent bag of weed,just to have some semblance of a "normal" life.Dealers in my area have 2 kinds of weed.Brick and Hydro-no strain names...just BS..and they all see me comin g..cane in hand sweating bulletts.And they sell me 5 grams for a 1/4,full of seeds/stems/crap and laugh all the way to the bank.I grow some dank nugs but postponed my 2009 grow so I can stay within Ny guidelines if ever the bill passes.I'm sick of being stressed out on top of my illnesses.Diabetes,IBS/Colitis and degenerative joint disease on top of Fibromyalgia x Myofascil pain syndrome and compounding it with so much stress is slowly killing me.I need this bill to pass.Come on NY..the time is now.Peace and One Love-BigD sorry so long and ranty.I'm just anxious to get growing again.

B

BigDaddyc9

They have 8 days remaining for this session.It looks bleak and thanks Tom Galisono,you screwed it for us again this year,you rich freak! BigD

P

Pistil Pete

Yeah, this senate shift is not what we need for this bill to pass.
Power hungry asshats. I am furious that elected officials are being allowed to do this to their constituents.

B

BigDaddyc9

Gov.Patterson said if the Senate doesnt finish the peoples business by the time they covene -he'll open up a special session just so the issues will be settled.Go Gov Patterson-to the guy who wanted to know where in NY I am-I cannot send pm's till I have 10 posts.Im working on it-Peace BigD

B

BigDaddyc9

Down in a burst of flames.This bill will soon be forgotten y the buttheads we elected.Sad...

Top Bottom