NYCD AUTO. Need advice. First time Auto grower.

• Thread starter HarryCrumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HarryCrumb

HarryCrumb

Trying NYC DIESEL auto for the first time. Never done auto. Any tips or tricks would be helpful. 🦨

soil. 5gallons. Outside on my deck.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

What kind of soil? (FF Ocean Forest is popular)
What kind of pot? (Fabric is great for roots)
Are you planning on going organic or salt based? (organic you feed less and reuse the soil)
Do you have a water filter? (Carbon, like Brita or Pur, is all you really need unless your area has bad water.)
You won't need lights, but what about security?

HarryCrumb

HarryCrumb

I have a pretty private deck, and greenhouse for night. Just working with regular miracle grow soil, but haven’t started yet so if PROMIX is THAT important, I’ll def order some. 5 gallon bucket. Also.. was just going to feed her tap water. I know ideally, you’d ph and everything. I’ve grown amazing photos that I still can’t find anything close to in dispensarys before, using regular tap water, and pro mix, and trio of nutes. That’s the reason I’m giving it a try again. I know it’s all about genetics, and I can’t find anything close to the diesel I grew years ago. You think I’m wasting my time? I’ve had amazing success before, but also never grown auto....

Moshmen

Moshmen

I have a pretty private deck, and greenhouse for night. Just working with regular miracle grow soil, but haven’t started yet so if PROMIX is THAT important, I’ll def order some. 5 gallon bucket. Also.. was just going to feed her tap water. I know ideally, you’d ph and everything. I’ve grown amazing photos that I still can’t find anything close to in dispensarys before, using regular tap water, and pro mix, and trio of nutes. That’s the reason I’m giving it a try again. I know it’s all about genetics, and I can’t find anything close to the diesel I grew years ago. You think I’m wasting my time? I’ve had amazing success before, but also never grown auto....
You be alright - most autos are light feeders but not all , the only thing with the Miracle grow is the time release ferts - might be fine, might burn em up? IMO the autos are harder to grow

HarryCrumb

HarryCrumb

My
You be alright - most autos are light feeders but not all , the only thing with the Miracle grow is the time release ferts - might be fine, might burn em up? IMO the autos are harder to grow
interesting. I have a couple photos going that I used this soil that are killing it, but I realize that’s apples and oranges, kinda.

HarryCrumb

HarryCrumb

Also... I was using Upstate NY water... I’m now in LA... wasn’t planning on doing the whole water treatment thing... but... open to it if you think LA water won’t do great. I know enough not to use it for germination. Way too much chlorine (killed some last round).. but I have a couple that are vigorous right now.

HarryCrumb

HarryCrumb

Also... I was using Upstate NY water... I’m now in LA... wasn’t planning on doing the whole water treatment thing... but... open to it if you think LA water won’t do great. I know enough not to use it for germination. Way too much chlorine (killed some last round.. but I have a couple that are vigorous right now.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yeah, at a minimum you should filter it thru a carbon filter. Carbon helps balance the pH also.
I've used Miracle Grow. It's not my favorite because its too hot in my mind, so I mix it 50/50 with some plain dirt.
Genetics are the deciding factor, but you should be able to get some really good smoke from an auto.

Latest posts

Top Bottom