Obama eavesdropping?

• Thread starter fishwhistle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Wow with the revelation in the last few days about the obama administration eavesdropping on americans telephone,text and now E-mail will it change how you communicate with people about issues which you THINK are private?I mean think about it,if they pick up a convo that is not terrorism related but has pertinent info for say DEA or some other authorities dont you think they will pass it on?Of course they will.It is rediculous that this administration is using our tax dollars against our own citizens,THIS SHIT IS OUT OF CONTROL!Now you cant privately communicate with friends or family?WTF.
So the question is will you moderate what you communicate now that you know you are being monitored and what can you do to keep your private convos private?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Im not doing anything wrong..so Obama can fuck off! :p

Unjustlaws

K

kolah

This has been going on for a long time and everyones information is collected and stored in Fusion Centers. This is well documented and factual.

IMO 99% of people will continue gong about their day in the same way. ..not to mention how many folks voluntarily broadcast their private lives on Facebook.

green punk

green punk

I agree with Kolah. Most of this shit in the news about the O admin and there abuse of powers has been going on under this admin and bush for a while. The sky didn't just begin cracking, that shit has been caving in for years.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

and if the government wants to sift through 100,000,000 fucking text messages A DAY to find the 5 from me saying some misdemeanor shit nothing even huge.... go for it.

IMO if you get me after shit like that you deserve to get me all caught up... cause good fuckin job LOL

serious id rather have them looking at EVERYONE, than just us/me ya know??? take the heat off you never want to me the MOST sketch dude on the block.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

and sorry to tag on a post but just gotta say it.....

more of a blanket statement to a lot of people....

the world you grew up in from the 1950s~~ to sept 11, 2001 is over. get over it. not saying there isnt a possibility of coming back to freedom and no police state, but wake up. the world has evolved you need to as well. and from the looks of it its only going to get worse, so the sooner people expect that the sooner you can find the new loopholes and tricks to beat the system.

there are plenty of ways to still be off the radar but most people just choose not to and complain its not possible. Oh, you cant text about selling units on your phone WITH YOU FULL NAME AND SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER ATTACHED TO IT?!?!?!? WHAT A SHAME!!!! LOLOLOLOL.

I think the people give the government way too much credibility. They can fuck up in every area of their positions but when it comes to us being WATCHED they're in the fuckin bathroom window planting wires and shit. hahahahaha.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yeah this is one of the times where I am truly disappointed with the actions of the Obama administration. I understand that it is a new tech world and things like spying need to adjust but seriously? I really hoped that these horrid invasions of privacy would be left with the Bush legacy.

On the other hand, I for one have always figured that everything I say or do since about 00 has been able to be recorded, reprinted, and used against me if "they" feel necessary. Be careful out there cause someone is watching you!!!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
yeah big brother has been watching and listening and now reading texts for a long time
i dont think they are after us farmers though. :)

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
So every phone call/email/text is collected..... where? how? I have three terabytes of information on hard drives and I'm just one person

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Well maybe im just old but but im never going to 'just get used to it' thats total bullshit,we need to do something about it,but what?and in the mean time what can you do to not make it so easy to invade your privacy?These are our rights that they are violating,its not acceptable under any of their made up circumstances.I really dont give a damn about clinton or bush or george washington because i dont have a time machine but i do care about our current president and the fact that hes OK with all of this,no one who truly represents all the people should be.How come the people who are innocent and did nothing wrong are now the ones being monitored,fighting for their rights to own guns etc etc instead of the folks who are perpetrating criminal acts?We definitely need new representation starting from the top all the way down.

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

and if the government wants to sift through 100,000,000 fucking text messages A DAY to find the 5 from me saying some misdemeanor shit nothing even huge.... go for it.

IMO if you get me after shit like that you deserve to get me all caught up... cause good fuckin job LOL

serious id rather have them looking at EVERYONE, than just us/me ya know??? take the heat off you never want to me the MOST sketch dude on the block.

Well when u;or anyone for that matter, becomes a problem then there is all that evidence to make your life difficult isnt there?
Its not just about finding criminal intent to come track you down right now, but rather to use it against you and everyone else when the time suits the powers that be. or for other records of informsation to use against you like they have done now with the wepons laws and veterans who have claimed PTSD amongst other issues. Now they are on the list to not be able to own or posess firearms. Which is the same for anyone who has a MMJ card.
Just to name a few. Think bigger bro alot bigger. They need all this data to usurp everything and put your life literally in the hand of the power controllers so its like crushing a gnat between your fingers. You think you were irrelevant before? This is basically a huge move in the end-game.

And like Cort said.... they built a few of these billion dollar "data collection centers" around the US, namely the one in Utah that I know of off the top of my head, for a reason. Now they have the means and the ways.
There is ultimately something greatly grander at work here than most want to acknowledge but thats a philosophical argument for the ages.

green punk

green punk

At the moment Im a little more paranoid of the private sector and the info they gather. Google tracks everything we do, they have street view, birds eye shit. i was looking at my place on google, and you can clearly make out the 4 small ganja plants in my garden compared to the other vegetation.

Natural

Natural

They probably scour the info via key words. Throw away phones and IP masks via VPN ftw...and Obama can go back to suckin dicks.

squiggly

squiggly

Wow with the revelation in the last few days about the obama administration eavesdropping on americans telephone,text and now E-mail will it change how you communicate with people about issues which you THINK are private?I mean think about it,if they pick up a convo that is not terrorism related but has pertinent info for say DEA or some other authorities dont you think they will pass it on?Of course they will.It is rediculous that this administration is using our tax dollars against our own citizens,THIS SHIT IS OUT OF CONTROL!Now you cant privately communicate with friends or family?WTF.
So the question is will you moderate what you communicate now that you know you are being monitored and what can you do to keep your private convos private?

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but you might want to know what's actually been reported before commenting on it.

The info that was shared with the NSA from Verizon was metadata only. This includes stuff like hardware in use, locations (if GPS capable), and participants. No conversations were recorded or turned over to the government. This doesn't qualify as eavesdropping. It is data mining.

Furthermore this was done mostly for business accounts, not normal consumer accounts.

There were trying to pinpoint locations of terrorists, plan and simple.

Now you're well within your rights to dislike that still, and I don't blame you for it--but get the facts straight.

Three things should also be noted:

1. This is every day stuff for the NSA and you're only hearing about it because of a leak to "The Guardian". The NSA likely has hundreds of programs like this one in place and they have for decades. Kolah is actually right on the money here.

2. This program started in 2006 under then-president Bush (this is now public knowledge). So let's not choose to be disingenuous and put the entire blame on Obama. This is another example of selective conservative memory.

3. The president typically isn't the one who is briefed on these programs, instead it is CONGRESS who receives the brief and gives the okay.

Take all of that as you will.

Top Bottom