• Thread starter Beeronymous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Beeronymous

2 hours, 40 minutes ago

By The Associated Press

ADVERTISEMENT

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama caps a yearlong political drama Tuesday by signing into law a landmark health care reform bill that had been seen as impossible just two months ago. Now, he must sell the law's merits to a wary American public.

House and Senate Democrats who backed the bill as well as ordinary Americans whose health care struggles have touched Obama were joining him for the ceremony at the White House. Afterward, they were heading to the Interior Department for an even larger celebration.

The next act begins Thursday, when Obama visits Iowa City, Iowa, where he announced his health care plan as a presidential candidate in May 2007. There Obama plans to talk about how the new law will help lower health care costs for small businesses and families, selling the overhaul to Americans who are deeply divided over the plan.

Republicans united in opposition pledged to repeal Obama's redesign of the health care system, which they criticized as a costly government takeover affecting one-sixth of the U.S. economy. The Republicans lack the votes needed to repeal the measure, but the minority party plans to use the issue to try to regain control of Congress in the November elections.

Democrats argue that they have delivered on Obama's campaign pledge for change, revamping a system in which the spiraling costs have put health care and insurance out of the reach of many Americans.

After a rancorous debate, the House voted 219-212 late Sunday to send the 10-year, $938 billion bill to Obama. Not one Republican voted for the bill. Some Democrats also voted against it.

The measure, which the Senate passed in December, eventually will extend coverage to 32 million uninsured Americans, reduce federal budget deficits and ban such insurance company practices as denying coverage to people with existing medical problems.

The bill will bring near-universal coverage to a wealthy country in which tens of millions of people are uninsured. The plan's various provisions will be phased in through 2014, and it is expected to expand coverage to about 95 per cent of eligible Americans, compared with 83 per cent today.

The measure represents the biggest expansion of the U.S. federal government's social safety net since the 1960s, when President Lyndon B. Johnson enacted the Medicare and Medicaid government-funded health care coverage programs for the elderly and poor.

A companion measure sought by House Democrats to make a series of changes to the main bill was approved 220-211. It goes to the Senate, where debate could begin as early as Tuesday. Majority Leader Harry Reid says he has the votes to pass it - though only under special budget rules requiring just 50 votes rather than the 60 usually needed to bypass the opposition's delaying tactics.

Republicans plan to offer scores of amendments to slow or change the companion measure, which Democrats hope to approve as written and send directly to Obama for his signature.

Even so, the health care debate will likely continue for months as both parties try to use it to motivate their backers to turn out in huge numbers in the November congressional elections.

Republican-leaning states are already lining up to sue the federal government over the constitutionality of the health care overhaul legislation. Officials in at least 10 of the 50 states have agreed to file a lawsuit challenging it on grounds it violates state sovereignty by mandating that all Americans have some form of health insurance. Experts say the effort will likely fail because the U.S. Constitution states that federal law supersedes state laws, but it will keep the issue alive until the November elections.

Obama's yearlong campaign to overhaul health care seemed at a dead end in January, when a Republican won a special election to fill the late Edward Kennedy's Massachusetts Senate seat, and with it, enough votes to prevent the bill from coming to a final vote in the Senate. But the Democrats regrouped and soon came up with a rescue plan that required the House to approve the Senate-passed measure despite opposition to many of its provisions, then have both chambers pass a measure incorporating numerous changes.

Obama has pushed health care as his top priority since taking office in January 2009. Failure would have weakened him and endangered other issues on the president's ambitious domestic agenda, including immigration reform and climate change legislation.

So-called tea party activists, who believe that government spending and influence should be limited, are vowing to exact political revenge on those who passed it.

The government "has declared war on our way of life," activist Eric Odom from Nevada said Monday.

In Florida, about 85 tea party groups have about 100,000 members, according to Everett Wilkinson, a leader in the state's movement. A rally was planned in Boca Raton later Tuesday.

The movement's name is taken from the Boston Tea Party, a 1773 protest in which activists in the then-British colonies in America boarded ships and threw their cargo of English tea into Boston Harbor in a symbolic act of protest against taxes.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

The tea party is a bunch of insane, partially racist, and quite politically uninformed group of individuals that give all of us Americans a bad name. I hope their leadership falls apart and the media stops giving them any attention. Wasn't the guy who just flew a plane into the IRS building in Texas associated with the Tea Party?

B

bigAl25

I have to deal with type 2 diabetes, and I spent 17 years dealing with physician groups, insurance companies, medicare, medicaid, drug companies,medical device companies,and hospitals. Because I have a pre existing condition, and many other Americans also have this burden, We needed this legislation to pass. Anyone who trusts the above listed groups to always have their best interests in mind over their own search for profit is a fool. Health care is not the same as building cars or refrigerators. The same free enterprise model that applies to them does not do apply to a person's life. A great first step to fix our system, and I'm sure it will be tweeked over our lifetime. I'm happy for myself and all people helped by this bill.

B

billybadazz

I hope the bill helps people out....that would be great but like anything that our gov't does I guarantee there is an underlying alterior motive that is going to fuck us instead of help us....Our gov't is set up to take not give if anyone hasn't noticed. I don't believe in them or sure the fuck don't trust them and feel like health care is another "ploy". I can almost certainly guarsntee that health care will get a lot shittier before they even remotely get it half assed up to par. LOng story short don't get your hopes up.....I believe th fuckers about as far as Ican throw em'

sedate

sedate

Yes, yes - Barack Obama is the effin man.

The Hope is back.

savanalona said:
The tea party is a bunch of insane, partially racist, and quite politically uninformed group of individuals that give all of us Americans a bad name

Teabaggers scare the hell out of me.

The other day, one told me that FDR made the great depression last longer by discontinuing Hoover's economic policies.

BigAl said:
Anyone who trusts the above listed groups to always have their best interests in mind over their own search for profit is a fool.

Exactly. It boggles my mind how people think its the government - as opposed to some insurance adjuster - is what is going to get between "you and your doctor" - my fucking doctors bills get between me and my doctor.

billybadazz said:
I can almost certainly guarsntee that health care will get a lot shittier before they even remotely get it half assed up to par. LOng story short don't get your hopes up.....I believe th fuckers about as far as Ican throw em'

I'm not sure about all that - the immediate benefits of this bill are numerous and far reaching.

Furthermore - the ulterior motive is not really all that ulterior - the Congress wants to keep the insurance industry alive to feed on campaign contributions.

I'm not happy with everything in the bill - and the lack of a serious single payer option is a rather horribly, bleeding gash of an oversight - but health outcomes in this country, over the next few months and years - will get better - demonstrably so.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

Gov fails over and over again in most aspects of what it does including our own budget. Good luck looking over my health care for me...All you have to do is give up your DNA and your free :D

G

gorillaseeds

Now the feds control your healthcare they can tell you what medicine to take, bye-bye medical marijuana.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

The feds haven't taken control over anything. The bill is over 1900 pages, so I won't lie and say I have read the entire thing, a lot of it is political jargon included in most bills. Anyway, all this bill is doing, assuming that the public option is included is allowing people to receive coverage who normally can't and hold the insurance companies and hmo's accountable to their ridiculous business practices. This is no government take over, not even close.....don't believe the hype! MMJ is not going anywhere, unless you have been completely blind we are able to enjoy the current federal relaxation toward mmj BECAUSE of OBAMA! So if you like mmj, you should really like Obama too. While it is not entirely federally legal, he has done more than any other president by simply allowing the states autonomy over mmj. Facts are crucial in a world full of lies perpetuated by propaganda!

sedate

sedate

LordDankistien said:
Gov fails over and over again in most aspects of what it does including our own budget.

The Democrats balanced the budget before Clinton left office.

Bush said "fuck that, tax cuts for rich folks" and then "heh heh I want to play with my tanks in the sand" - so Republicans can't handle the budget.

Democrats get it right. Democrats are the adults in the room.

sanvanalona said:
The feds haven't taken control over anything.

Exactly. The posters that indicate anything to the contrary are also indicating that they don't have a clue.

S

SoB

Barack Obummer distroying our country one bill at a time. The only good thing he has done is seal the Dems fate in 2012. Buy Buy Dems.

L

Lost

Barack Obummer distroying our country one bill at a time. The only good thing he has done is seal the Dems fate in 2012. Buy Buy Dems.

Conservatives/republicans are the prophets. What ever they say is not going to happen, happens..

" B.A. will never get the presidency.." - Hmm...

"B.A. will end the world with Stimulus." Most economists agree the recession ended last november and the economy is coming back around faster than anyone thought possible..

"B.A. Will never pass health care.." Yup another reverse prophecy fufilled, lol..

Also, what is it with the teabaggers that they always hve to make childish name remarks when spouting their ignorance? I did that in 2nd and 3rd grade and was done with it by 4th grade.

"The only good thing he has done is seal the Dems fate in 2012."

Really? i think ending the most dangerous recession since the great depression is pretty big stuff. The idea of US health care reform has been talked about since the early early 1900's and no one was ever able to pass shit other than medicare and medicaid. B.A. did it. And for years we will be perfecting this health care system so wer not FUGGING 37th IN WORLD WIDE HEALTHCARE ANYMORE!!! Wake the fug up people!

Hugs and kisses :) :flower:party0042:

G

gorillaseeds

Add President Clinton to the long list of people who deserve a share of the blame for the housing bubble and bust. A recently re-exposed document shows that his administration went to ridiculous lengths to increase the national homeownership rate. It promoted paper-thin downpayments and pushed for ways to get lenders to give mortgage loans to first-time buyers with shaky financing and incomes. It’s clear now that the erosion of lending standards pushed prices up by increasing demand, and later led to waves of defaults by people who never should have bought a home in the first place.

President Bush continued the practices because they dovetailed with his Ownership Society goals, and of course Congress was strongly behind the push. But Clinton and his administration must shoulder some of the blame.

In writing this blog entry, I’m following the lead of Joseph R. Mason, who is a finance professor at Drexel University’s LeBow College of Business, a senior fellow at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, and a consultant at Criterion Economics. Here is a link to a piece that he wrote on Feb. 26.

The Clinton-era document that Mason cites—“The National Homeownership Strategy: Partners in the American Dream”—was hiding in plain sight

on the website of the Department of Housing & Urban Development until last year, when according to Mason it was removed (probably because the housing bust made it seem embarrassing to the department). Mason credits Joshua Rosner of Graham Fisher & Co. with saving a copy of it before it was expunged.

The National Homeownership Strategy began in 1994 when Clinton directed HUD Secretary Henry Cisneros to come up with a plan, and Cisneros convened what HUD called a "historic meeting" of private and public housing-industry organizations in August 1994. The group eventually produced a plan, of which Mason sent me a PDF of Chapter 4, the one that argues for creative measures to promote homeownership.

The very worst idea in the plan, which fortunately never gained approval, was to let first-time homebuyers freely tap their IRA and 401(k) retirement-savings plans with no penalty to scrounge up a downpayment. That, HUD estimated, would have "benefited" 600,000 families in the first five years.

Plenty of other ideas in the plan did become reality, though. Knowing what we know now about the housing bust, the earnest language in the document seems faintly ridiculous. Here's an excerpt. Read it closely and you can see the seeds of disaster being planted:

For many potential homebuyers, the lack of cash available to accumulate the required downpayment and closing costs is the major impediment to purchasing a home. Other households do not have sufficient available income to to make the monthly payments on mortgages financed at market interest rates for standard loan terms. Financing strategies, fueled by the creativity and resources of the private and public sectors, should address both of these financial barriers to homeownership.

Note the praise for "creativity." That kind of creativity in stretching boundaries we could use less of. Mason puts it well: "It strikes me as reckless to promote home sales to individuals in such constrained financial predicaments."

its not about dems or repubs it is about goverment interference in the free market.

S

SoB

Conservatives/republicans are the prophets. What ever they say is not going to happen, happens..

" B.A. will never get the presidency.." - Hmm...

"B.A. will end the world with Stimulus." Most economists agree the recession ended last november and the economy is coming back around faster than anyone thought possible..

"B.A. Will never pass health care.." Yup another reverse prophecy fufilled, lol..

Also, what is it with the teabaggers that they always hve to make childish name remarks when spouting their ignorance? I did that in 2nd and 3rd grade and was done with it by 4th grade.

"The only good thing he has done is seal the Dems fate in 2012."

Really? i think ending the most dangerous recession since the great depression is pretty big stuff. The idea of US health care reform has been talked about since the early early 1900's and no one was ever able to pass shit other than medicare and medicaid. B.A. did it. And for years we will be perfecting this health care system so wer not FUGGING 37th IN WORLD WIDE HEALTHCARE ANYMORE!!! Wake the fug up people!

Hugs and kisses :) :flower:party0042:

Wow I dont remember getting the most dangerous recession in history is over memo must be a dem thing. I can tell you this I still know alot of people without jobs. I guess I shouldent forget that this new HC bill will employ another 12000 IRS workers HA thats good new. Just for your info heres a litle list of the good things that the new HC bill will do for you.

Page 22 of the HC Bill: Mandates that the Govt will audit books of all employers that self-insure!!

Page 30 Sec 123 of HC bill: THERE WILL BE A GOVT COMMITTEE that decides what treatments/benefits you get.

Page 29 lines 4-16 in the HC bill: YOUR HEALTH CARE IS RATIONED!!!

Page 42 of HC Bill: The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your HC benefits for you. You have no choice!

Page 50 Section 152 in HC bill: HC will be provided to ALL non-US citizens, illegal or otherwise.

Page 58 HC Bill: Govt will have real-time access to individuals' finances & a 'National ID Health card' will be issued! (Papers please!)

Page 59 HC Bill lines 21-24: Govt will have direct access to your bank accounts for elective funds transfer. (Time for more cash and carry)

Page 65 Sec 164: Is a payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in unions & community organizations: (ACORN).

Page 84 Sec 203 HC bill: Govt mandates ALL benefit packages for private HC plans in the 'Exchange.'

Page 85 Line 7 HC Bill: Specifications of Benefit Levels for Plans -- The Govt will ration your health care!

Page 91 Lines 4-7 HC Bill: Govt mandates linguistic appropriate services. (Translation: illegal aliens.)

Page 95 HC Bill Lines 8-18: The Govt will use groups (i.e. ACORN & Americorps to sign up individuals for Govt HC plan.

Page 85 Line 7 HC Bill: Specifications of Benefit Levels for Plans. (AARP members - your health care WILL be rationed!)
Page 102 Lines 12-18 HC Bill: Medicaid eligible individuals will be automatically enrolled in Medicaid. (No choice.)

Page 12 4 lines 24-25 HC: No company can sue GOVT on price fixing. No "judicial review" against Govt monopoly.

Page 127 Lines 1-16 HC Bill: Doctors/ American Medical Association - The Govt will tell YOU what salary you can make.

Page 145 Line 15-17: An Employer MUST auto-enroll employees into public option plan. (NO choice!)

Page 126 Lines 22-25: Employers MUST pay for HC for part-time employees ANDtheir families. (Employees shouldn't get excited about this as employers will be forced to reduce its work force, benefits, and wages/salaries to cover such a huge expense.)

Page 149 Lines 16-24: ANY Employer with payroll 401k & above who does not provide public option will pay 8% tax on all payroll! (See the last comment in parenthesis.)
Page 150 Lines 9-13: A business with payroll between $251K & $401K who doesn't provide public option will pay 2-6% tax on all payroll.

Page 167 Lines 18-23: ANY individual who doesn't have acceptable HC according to Govt will be taxed 2.5% of income.

Page 170 Lines 1-3 HC Bill: Any NONRESIDENT Alien is exempt from individual taxes. (Americans will pay.) (Like always)

Page 195 HC Bill: Officers & employees of the GOVT HC Admin.. will have access to ALL Americans' finances and personal records. (I guess so they can 'deduct' their fees)

Page 203 Line 14-15 HC: "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax." (Yes, it really says that!) ( a 'fee' instead)
Page 239 Line 14-24 HC Bill: Govt will reduce physician services for Medicaid Seniors. (Low-income and the poor are affected.)

Page 241 Line 6-8 HC Bill: Doctors: It doesn't matter what specialty you have trained yourself in -- you will all be paid the same! (Just TRY to tell me that's not Socialism!)

Page 253 Line 10-18: The Govt sets the value of a doctor's time, profession, judgment, etc. (Literally-- the value of humans.)

Page 265 Sec 1131: The Govt mandates and controls productivity for "private" HC industries.

Page 268 Sec 1141: The federal Govt regulates the rental and purchase of power driven wheelchairs.

Page 272 SEC. 1145: TREATMENT OF CERTAIN CANCER HOSPITALS - Cancer patients - welcome to rationing!

Page 280 Sec 1151: The Govt will penalize hospitals for whatever the Govt deems preventable (i.e...re-admissions).

Page 298 Lines 9-11: Doctors: If you treat a patient during initial admission that results in a re-admission -- the Govt will penalize you.

Page 317 L 13-20: PROHIBITION on ownership/investment. (The Govt tells doctors what and how much they can own!)

Page 317-318 lines 21-25, 1-3: PROHIBITION on expansion. (The Govt is mandating that hospitals cannot expand.)
Page 321 2-13: Hospitals have the opportunity to apply for exception BUT community input is required. (Can you say ACORN?)

Page 335 L 16-25 Pg 336-339: The Govt mandates establishment of=2 outcome-based measures. (HC the way they want -- rationing.)
Page 341 Lines 3-9: The Govt has authority to disqualify Medicare Advance Plans, HMOs, etc. (Forcing people into the Govt plan)

Page 354 Sec 1177: The Govt will RESTRICT enrollment of 'special needs people!' Unbelievable!

Page 379 Sec 1191: The Govt creates more bureaucracy via a "Tele-Health Advisory Committee." (Can you say HC by phone?)

Page 425 Lines 4-12: The Govt mandates "Advance-Care Planning Consult." (Think senior citizens end-of-life patients.)

Page 425 Lines 17-19: The Govt will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney, etc. (And it's mandatory!)
Page 425 Lines 22-25, 426 Lines 1-3: The Govt provides an "approved" list of end-of-life resources; guiding you in death. (Also called 'assisted suicide.')(Sounds like Soylent Green to me.)

Page 427 Lines 15-24: The Govt mandates a program for orders on "end-of-life." (The Govt has a say in how your life ends!)

Page 429 Lines 1-9: An "advanced-care planning consultant" will be used frequently as a patient's health deteriorates.

Page 429 Lines 10-12: An "advanced care consultation" may include an ORDER for end-of-life plans.. (AN ORDER TO DIE FROM THE GOVERNMENT?!?)

Page 429 Lines 13-25: The GOVT will specify which doctors can write an end-of-life order.. (I wouldn't want to stand before God after getting paid for THAT job!)

Page 430 Lines 11-15: The Govt will decide what level of treatment you will have at end-of-life! (Again -- no choice!)

Page 469: Community-Based Home Medical Services = Non-Profit Organizations. (Hello? ACORN Medical Services here!?!)

Page 489 Sec 1308: The Govt will cover marriage and family therapy. (Which means Govt will insert itself into your marriage even.)

Page 494-498: Govt will cover Mental Health Services including defining, creating, and rationing those services.

Sorry for the copy past but time is money in a republicans world. I am OK with 37th if that keeps the Gov. out of my health care.
I am wide awake brother

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

The Democrats balanced the budget before Clinton left office.

Bush said "fuck that, tax cuts for rich folks" and then "heh heh I want to play with my tanks in the sand" - so Republicans can't handle the budget.

Democrats get it right. Democrats are the adults in the room.

Exactly. The posters that indicate anything to the contrary are also indicating that they don't have a clue.

No need to go insulting people by saying they dont have a clue just because I dont agree with you doesnt mean I dont pay attention to whats going on. And just becuase you can spit out an over used come back that the Clintons made everything good and Bush fucked it all up doesnt say anything. I dont like Bush, Obama, Clinton any or any of those blood sucking vultures who steal our hard earned money everyday... And if you think this gov is headed the right direction then good for you, but keep your insults to your self. I see my tax dollars get thrown to the wind everyday I and pisses me off, if you like that then great keep voting in all these new trillon dollar bills. I know I pay a fuck load in taxes every year and hate doing....why because im tired of paying for every other bum who cant afford dinner or all the politicians who need to spend thousands of dollars of muffins every month!!! fuck that, fuck them, fuck the health care bill. You my friend are the one who is clueless to how much money of yours the gov waste!!! But im sure your happy becasue I doubt you pay very much in taxes. Recsesion over HAHAHAHAH omg that is ridiculous tell that to the millons of people out of work, tell that to my employee's who I had to let go because of lack of work... Tell that to my clients who have 1.5 millon cash to put down on a loan of 2.5 millon and cant get it. Tell that to me who struggles everyday trying to make sure my company stays a float. I know of alot of hardworking smart people who are bearly making it by, even when they work 10 hours days. Im sorry for ranting but this all pisses me off I work hard everyday 10 hours plus usally at the office working of bids going on jobwalks and sending out proposals and almost no one has money to actually do the work. Rant over :free-character-smil time

L

Lost

Wow I dont remember getting the most dangerous recession in history is over memo must be a dem thing. I can tell you this I still know alot of people without jobs. I guess I shouldent forget that this new HC bill will employ another 12000 IRS workers HA thats good new. Just for your info heres a litle list of the good things that the new HC bill will do for you.

Cut and paste talking points.lulz

Sorry for the copy past but time is money in a republicans world. I am OK with 37th if that keeps the Gov. out of my health care.
I am wide awake brother

Thats right, it was your party that refused to see that there was a problem (Remember McCain saying the economy was sound as the walls were coming down? Even Bush didn't have a clue accouding to his press comments. It was another Katrina..)

The republicans can try to package it and rewrite history (Faux News, demonization of Clinton, putting the Bushes on pedistals dispite their pandering to corps and debt, calling the dems the big spenders when clinton whittled the debt down to almost nothing while Bush put us back in the shitter..).But the educated public is just not that gullible..

And the whole grass roots tea party movement that people buy into.. Its paid for by Rupert Murdock you *insert warm fuzzy*! Its a deep pocket corperate movement paid for by the likes of Mr Murdock and since he ownes/manages fox news, they follow suit! And people are getting their fill on the shit they are shoveling.. And since most people think they know alot and actually know very little, they buy it hook, line, and sinker by using basic psycology. (You know that whole, "We will not be fooled anymore, we know the trth! and We are going to raise up and take this country back" B.S. and on a side note what are we taking back? Did the republicans forget that we voted BO into the presidency? Like he was appointed by satan himself the destroy our country, lololol...)

sedate

sedate

Lost said:

Exactly. The health care system in this country works - only - for those who have access to it. That usually means people that aren't really sick.

I think the 37th rank was just behind Slovenia - but I can't quite remember.

We spend twice as much as any other country - in the world - on healthcare - and don't really have as good of outcomes by our own metrics.

Lost said:
And the whole grass roots tea party movement that people buy into.. Its paid for by Rupert Murdock you *insert warm fuzzy*! Its a deep pocket corperate movement paid for by the likes of Mr Murdock and since he ownes/manages fox news, they follow suit!

Exactly. Dick Armey has a PAC that funds alot of this garbage as well. The right-wingers have gotten so extreme since they all listen to the same nonsense from the same circle-jerk of AM radio stoked with Fox news.

LordDank said:
No need to go insulting people by saying they dont have a clue just because I dont agree with you doesnt mean I dont pay attention to whats going on. And just becuase you can spit out an over used come back that the Clintons made everything good and Bush fucked it all up doesnt say anything. I dont like Bush, Obama, Clinton any or any of those blood sucking vultures who steal our hard earned money everyday... And if you think this gov is headed the right direction then good for you, but keep your insults to your self.

I never insulted you - you said that there is a government takeover of healthcare.

There is no such thing. I know you have an impressive list of talking points compiled by some right wing nut - but the reality of this bill is that is rather identical to what Mitt Romney passed in Massachusettes - you know Mitt Romney right? The team he plays for? A government "takeover" looks nothing like what the health bill that just passed is - and pointing this reality isn't an insult.

Again, to believe the contrary is to indicate that what you pay attention to is recycled right-wing paranoia, repeated and distorted, over and over again, as the BS bounces back between AM radio and Fox news.

LordDank said:
You my friend are the one who is clueless to how much money of yours the gov waste!!! But im sure your happy becasue I doubt you pay very much in taxes

Ha. You can't balance the United States budget on the back of waste, fraud, and abuse. You just can't. 2/3 of all spending is medicare/medicaid and Social Security. "Muffins" or whatever you want to call it.

Get that? Whatever you think is a waste is probably more economically productive than you are really appreciating.

Did you that know that foodstamps generate about $1.50 - $2.00 of local economic activity?

Here ya go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keynesian_economics

LordDank said:
But im sure your happy becasue I doubt you pay very much in taxes.

Ha. The United States has the lowest effective tax rates anywhere in the industrialized world. Don't believe the hype.

H

highrise

Page 22 of the HC Bill: Mandates that the Govt will audit books of all employers that self-insure!!

Page 30 Sec 123 of HC bill: THERE WILL BE A GOVT COMMITTEE that decides what treatments/benefits you get.

Page 29 lines 4-16 in the HC bill: YOUR HEALTH CARE IS RATIONED!!!

Page 42 of HC Bill: The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your HC benefits for you. You have no choice!

Page 429 Lines 13-25: The GOVT will specify which doctors can write an end-of-life order.. (I wouldn't want to stand before God after getting paid for THAT job!)

Page 430 Lines 11-15: The Govt will decide what level of treatment you will have at end-of-life! (Again -- no choice!)

Page 469: Community-Based Home Medical Services = Non-Profit Organizations. (Hello? ACORN Medical Services here!?!)

Page 489 Sec 1308: The Govt will cover marriage and family therapy. (Which means Govt will insert itself into your marriage even.)

Page 494-498: Govt will cover Mental Health Services including defining, creating, and rationing those services.

I am wide awake brother

Sorry didn't have the time or desire to look up all of these but ivrtuall everyone i did look up was totally opposite of what you posted. A couple of examples are :

Page 29 lines 4-16 in the HC bill: From what i can tell this part sets the maximum anual deductible. This is not rationing.

Page 42 of HC Bill: This talks about the guys who administers the Exchange and that he will set the MINIMUM coverage that each plan will follow NOT THE MAXIMUM COVERAGE of a plan. This is not rationing

I'm not going to go over each one of your wrong conclusions because i don't want anyone to take my word on anything in this law. Everyone should look it up for themselves. Don't listen to email chain letters (as the above list comes from) , pundits, and especially not internet posters such as myself or the others.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

Just so you understand I dont have time to watch TV (wife,kid, and I run my own business,ohh yeah my garden)what little TV I do watch is usally spike TV... Rush on AM talk radio is a big fat loser... What you dont understand is yes this country is much better than most but IMO I feel we are frogs in hot water being boiled a little at a time. If thats not your opinion thats ok just dont go saying I dont have a clue of whats going on. I know you think the Gov helps us out so much and they create all the business. My philosphy is let the people have the money and spend it how "WE" want I bet if people werent taxed so much they might actually have cash to send there kid to college without looking to the gov for help or maybe I could help a family member in need instead of telling them to go sign up for gov aid... If you one of those people who believe they need the gov to show them how to live and what to do and where to go then go ahead and be a sheep.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
well said

LordDankinstien you sound like the voice of reason, we can distribute our wealth on our own.

mal

Top Bottom