Obtaining Cannabis Oil For Cancer - Where ?

• Thread starter Amalthea
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Amalthea

Amalthea

I'm helping a family member to find alternative cancer treatment, and we're looking for a good quality Cannabis oil suitable for cancer. Some questions: would it have to be an oil high in CBD, as I was looking at
Tetra Pure Gold which is only 1% CBD.

Additionally, we're coming over from Europe, so recommendations on which State would be the best place to go. I imagine we'd need to find a doctor locally in the USA who'd prescribe.

Thanks for any information.

420circuit

420circuit

After surgery to remove a brain tumor in 2010 I started growing cannabis to make oil for self treatment. Growing my own because I do not trust any of the online products and the local shops carry very expensive products that I am unsure about. I find that the CBD oil from Charlotte's Web (also known as R4 or R14er) has a nice effect and when I make it myself I can be confident that, if it works for inhibiting cancer growth, then I'll get the best shot of having a successful outcome. I am taking about 100mg of the CBD oil and 100-200mg of 'regular' THC oil every day. I use ethanol for extraction, it is sold as Everclear here in Colorado, 190 proof, at liquor stores.

There are a lot of rules about getting a medical card in order to purchase cannabis from a shop, but there are a lot of shops that sell "recreational" also, which anyone over 21 can buy, but there are restrictions on the amount, so you really do need to do some homework first.

Can you say what type of cancer you want to treat with cannabis oil?

J

jeff1962

I just got finished with chemo a nd radiation for throat cancer .im getting ready to start back on the oil..I got so sick I stopped the oil..most head and neck cancers are squimass cell cancer..not real sure about brain cancer...good luck..all of us fighting cancer needs every advantage we can get to beat this terrible disease

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I have a friend in the Bay area who has helped a LOT of people beat cancer with RSO. He told me the other day that everyone who took RSO, changed to a Paleo Diet, and drank lemon water to help alkalize their body....has beaten it. On the other hand......people who did NOT change their diet or drink lemon water who took the RSO did not.
I'm helping a family member to find alternative cancer treatment, and we're looking for a good quality Cannabis oil suitable for cancer. Some questions: would it have to be an oil high in CBD, as I was looking at
Tetra Pure Gold which is only 1% CBD.

Additionally, we're coming over from Europe, so recommendations on which State would be the best place to go. I imagine we'd need to find a doctor locally in the USA who'd prescribe.

Thanks for any information.
My friend also recommends a 50/50 blend as far as thc/cbd ration on the oil. The way he described it to me, was that the THC kills the cancer, while the cbd is needed to help repair damaged cells.

I could put you in touch with him if you want.....he has been at this for some time now and has a TON of information about the process.

Amalthea

Amalthea

Thanks guys, @CelticEBE I might take you up on your offer. I'm first going to see if its possible to get the oil in Colorado or Washington, as it seems to be legal there for Europeans too.

420circuit

420circuit

Amalthea, it is usually important to remove as much of the tumor as possible, I suggest that the patient get into an MRI tube to find out where the cancer is located. A chemo drug would probably be the recommended approach after surgery and some chemo drugs have been shown to be more effective when used together with cannabis oil, but that determination should be made with a doctor. There is a chain of Cancer Treatment Centers in the US if the patient cannot find a place at home.

Cannabis oil is great for palliative care, helping deal with symptoms like pain and nausea. I have found great relief from the oil and highly recommend it, but as to whether it is effective against the tumor growth, the verdict is not in. Maybe is the current answer. It might help against tumor growth for some types, but the first line of defense for the patient is usually surgery to remove the growth and then some method to go after the cells that have spread or remaining at the tumor site, usually chemo and/or radiation.

If you or the patient enjoy cannabis, the oil is a nice alternative to smoking, just be sensible with the dose, so many stories of visitors getting into trouble with too much when they buy edibles. With my homemade oil a 50mg dose was how I started, but with store bought edibles a 5mg dose is recommended to start, so good luck! Just remember that it takes about 90 minutes to start working, so hold off on that second serving until you find out how it behaves. Good luck and have fun!:D

Amalthea

Amalthea

Unfortunately it's inoperable cancer, it's widely spread on the liver. Oncologist has only given Chemo a 50% chance, and the maximum prognosis even with chemo being successful is 12 months.

Thus the conventional route is not a viable option.

One option I have is to secure a couple of ounces in the country I'm in, and then see if I can make some oil at home. How much oil would say, two ounces produce, and how long would that last.

420circuit

420circuit

I typically get 6-8 grams of oil from an ounce of good quality bud. The Rick Simpson protocol is a gram a day for 60 days, more if the patient needs it. Rick suggests a pound of buds is enough for a single round. If you can get some seeds maybe start growing or pass the seeds to someone who can grow them out. Easier to move capsules of oil than buds. Good luck!

Amalthea

Amalthea

Thanks @420circuit thats very useful.

So roughly an ounce of bud a week. Can I just use one ounce initially and extract the oil using Butane, will that work? If the patient can handle the RSO oil then I can produce more.

Thanks

420circuit

420circuit

There are people using butane extraction for edibles but I wouldn't even consider it personally, I think the ethanol extraction is more appropriate if you intend to eat the oil for medical purposes. Butane extracts, properly purged are more for smoking oil than edibles, but there are people making a business out of selling butane extracts for edibles. Good luck with that, maybe someday we will have better information about how to best apply cannabis. Be careful with the butane if you use it, quite a few people have been surprised at how it explodes into a fireball with even a small static spark. Boom

Calixylon

Calixylon

I would attempt to find someone to get the oil from, without proper tools the oil made can be more contaminated and dangerous than it's health benefits. I believe in the power of cannabis oil, but poorly made oil must have health risks especially if using dangerous solvents that haven't been properly purged. Getting high quality hash oil from states like CO or WA seems like your best bet, for quality and quantity. If you truly believe In this treatment it seems like a small problem to help save your life. The quality of life and the beautiful fresh mountain air won't hurt either.

I just know that the first few times I blew some BHO the quality was definetly lacking, and as much as I think it wasn't toxic, it wasn't pure like what you'll find in a medical/recreational state like CO or WA.

S

Soncek

I have a friend in the Bay area who has helped a LOT of people beat cancer with RSO. He told me the other day that everyone who took RSO, changed to a Paleo Diet, and drank lemon water to help alkalize their body....has beaten it. On the other hand......people who did NOT change their diet or drink lemon water who took the RSO did not.

My friend also recommends a 50/50 blend as far as thc/cbd ration on the oil. The way he described it to me, was that the THC kills the cancer, while the cbd is needed to help repair damaged cells.

I could put you in touch with him if you want.....he has been at this for some time now and has a TON of information about the process.
Hi, I would love to get in contact with your friend. Just got diagnosed with breast cancer and the pressure to do chemo and surgery is unbearable.... from doctors to my family/friends. I've already begun doubting everything I thought I knew about RSO, I need to get in touch with someone with personal experience. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Top Bottom