Obviously you're not a golfer

• Thread starter Lynch_Ironside
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

I've just joined this forum a few days back and I gotta say it's like McDonald's "I'm lovin it"

Fantastic resource, well written posts by very knowledgeable people and an absolute delight to continue my education in this exceptional hobby.

I've been smoking for, jesus, 25 years. And I dont think it's something I'll ever give up.

Last year i was diagnosed with stage 2 non-hodgkin's bulky lymphoma. (It sounds worse than it is, if you has to pick a cancer to have this is the one you want) I did the chemotherapy and radiation. I really think one of the things that helped me the most was the reefer. I actually gained weight while going through treatment, had little to no nausea and when I was getting my ass kicked smoking was the only thing that made me feel remotely ok. So if I was ever on the fence (i never was) about smokin I certainly know what side I land on🤣
On the most recent scans there was little to no activity so very good news. I'll have another scan end of December. Then I'm outta the woods if all goes well.
But relatively new to growing.
My first grow was a complete swing and a miss. I felt like that kid that struck out in kickball, right shoe flying at the third baseman and everything. This was some years ago maybe 6 or 7. I think back now and laugh, I had vegged this bag seed forever, it was under a 1000 watt warehouse metal halide with a box fan for ventilation. Well I ended up with a very sickly bush with skinny weak stems and a bunch of little popcorn budlets, oh and it was in a 1 gallon pot with miracle grow soil. As if all that wasn't bad enough a couple weeks before my much anticipated harvest I noticed a spider mite infestation. I then preceded to spray need oil on the little bastards... if you've ever used neem oil you know this is no good. So needless to say my labor produced no fruit.
My second grow was a couple of years ago, 4 autos that made it to harvest with some issues. Again a soil grow, this time I used fox farms soil. But still not great results. I mean they were ok but nothing to write home about.
So grow 3 was done using coco. I think they are a few weeks out from harvest right now. Just recently I discovered the importance of a tds meter. Ive been dealing with nutrient burn throughout the grow. I'm not gonna point the finger and say it was because of the other resource I was using dropped the ball, I should have done my due diligence and double checked the information I was receiving. But anyway I look forward to growing and chatting with you guys.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Welcome to the farm ! Great gardeners here for sure they got me goin in the right direction ! Happy grows

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Welcome dude and best wishes on your recovery.
There's loads of very helpful and knowledgeable people here :-)

Top Bottom