Octa Bubblers drain to waist DIY guide to setting up a watering system the way Jack does it..

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nuttso

nuttso

"Posted this on another thread but think it may help here some peeps too."
I'm trying around with beds too at the moment. Obsoul33t got some coco beds running wich he watered once a week. If you do a quick search you'll find what i mean. I'm currently watering my coco bed with metrop fertilizer and some aptus boosters & enzymes. I water once a week and everything looks fantastic. I think the key really is to know what the plant will take up and have a good oppurtunity to flush. You really don't want too burn these plants the whole grow. I know that it is possible to do a whole run in coco beds without flushing. But you need to know your plants. I made it easy for me and chose c99 by mosca. This bitch can take ALOT of nutrients and is really hard to burn. Other might have died or yielded half of this pheno with this nutes she got.It's true never ever water coco strickly with water. You will get the salts much quicker out there when you water with some nutes in there. i need 150 gallon water mixed with a small amount of nutes to flush 50 gallons of coco in beds. Here is what i found best watering and flushing beds. If setted up propely it will cover all the area.

drip-adjustable-spectrum-spray-full-circle-360--barb-dd-sm360b-installed.jpg

drip-adjustable-spectrum-spray-full-circle-360--barb-dd-sm360b-installing.jpg

drip-adjustable-spectrum-spray-full-circle-360--barb-dd-sm360b-watering.jpg

http://www.irrigationdirect.com/dd-sm360b#

The best thing about using coco in beds is that you can reuse it up too 2 years without loosing quality or weight, if you do it right. I even know some people that reuse it 3 years and some dutch rose growers up to 10 years.

I found that feeding once a week done right will give killer results without much work involved. The best part about feeding one time a week and not storing nutrient solution is that you can water with 75-77 F wich is way better than 65-67 F. Freshly mixed salts staying for 1 day to stabilize, other day ph. Than 5 min before watering all the additves and last the enzyme.

Only thing you need to do is hangin the lights higher in the first 3 weeks when they grow in the bloom phase and clean the rez once a week before you put in fresh nutes.

Last week 1/4 nute strengh.

Later when finished just cutting the rockwool away and flushing with veg nutes and alot of enzymes. If you give them everytime you water enzymes you don't need to care about the roots.

It's essential to use Trichoderma & Mycorhizza when starting again. You can't overdoo it with that. The more the better. Always have some nematodes in there too. Get them from capulator --> cap's bennies.

pugliese63

pugliese63

I'd like to use these in my set up. What size Octa Bubblers are you using? From the pictures it looks like the black ones which are rated at 6gph. Thanks for all the info, its quite inspiring to say the least.

HG23

HG23

Hey Jack,
I've setup a couple 4x8 tables with the octabubblers (6 gph) without washers and fan jets. I run one table at a time with a danner 2400 gph (3 amp) pump and the flow seems low. I'm thinking about getting a cast iron 3/4hp flotec just to get one pump to last a while, what do you think? Ill probably plumb 6 beds once I get things dialed. I also didn't run a filter inline and had several sprinklers clog up, the filter in your pics looks pretty high flowing, do you remember where you got it from or what mesh size it is? Was thinking about grabbing a 1 inch 80 micron irrigation filter to do the job.

O

organiclover

jack - thanks for sharing
when add nutes do you just run the pump to circulate mixture with waterfall adding o2
do you oxygenate waiting ro res
do you run your caps teas through the dripers - if so do you filter it somehow ?
is that white and blue unit located by the resi a filter of some sort?

pugliese63

pugliese63

Hey Jack,
I've setup a couple 4x8 tables with the octabubblers (6 gph) without washers and fan jets. I run one table at a time with a danner 2400 gph (3 amp) pump and the flow seems low. I'm thinking about getting a cast iron 3/4hp flotec just to get one pump to last a while, what do you think? Ill probably plumb 6 beds once I get things dialed. I also didn't run a filter inline and had several sprinklers clog up, the filter in your pics looks pretty high flowing, do you remember where you got it from or what mesh size it is? Was thinking about grabbing a 1 inch 80 micron irrigation filter to do the job.

Regarding pumps I know he uses a Grundfos MQ3-45. I think in another thread he elaborated a little on this and said it was the best he's used so far. I've looked it up and will be ordering one in the near future. It doesn't require a relay if your using a sprinkler timer. That's one its unique features. If you're interested just do a quick search. I found it at a number of places.

C

cheeseterd12345

Has anyone been able to find the sprinklers/fan jets that Jack uses? I have looked around and can't seem to find the cap that directs the spray downwards. Anybody having any luck with this?

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Has anyone been able to find the sprinklers/fan jets that Jack uses? I have looked around and can't seem to find the cap that directs the spray downwards. Anybody having any luck with this?

You get them here at Green Coast. If you don't have GreenCoast order them from your Ewing or other irrigation companies. They will get them for you. They are not cheap. They do fail, They do clog. You need to drill them out to prevent clogging prior to the installation. Buy extras.

AlwaysSunny

AlwaysSunny

Can anyone share what is happening to the runoff in this setup?

slumdog80

slumdog80

^jack keeps one table leg 1-2" shorter and drains into a tub.

AlwaysSunny

AlwaysSunny

So are all tables connect by that PVC in someway? Is he just using gravity to get the runoff from one side of the rooms trays into the runoff buckets on the other side of the room?

Twisted pleasure

Twisted pleasure

Each Table has a pvc drain that drops the run off into a rez...each rez has a sump pump on a float switch that pumps the waist away....

StoneyK

StoneyK

Jack what dripper did you use when you ran air pots?
I have 3 gal airpots I want to set up a drip system.
Looks like thw octa bubblers would be a bit much or do you just dial em way down?

O

OhmStyles

I have a question on the pump.
Is it able to be hooked up to a start pump relay? Like the pump and want to use it with my rachio watering system. Pump looks Haas but really looking to have it turn on and off with the zones.
Thanks

O

OhmStyles

I have used every kind of emmitor and in the end I went with a drip line. Every foot you cut of the line is 1 gph drip line. So I cut two foot sections per plant equaling 2 gph per plant. Helped take the guess work out of water rates and times. Also it's really cheap. The more gph you want you just cut longer and then circle it around the top of the plant.
I kind of mimicked this rooms watering system but automated it for watering from my phone. Also did drain to waste instead od tables. Need to get my rooms up on here soon.

Top Bottom