Octa Bubblers drain to waist DIY guide to setting up a watering system the way Jack does it..

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Ok I have been asked how i set up my drain to waist I wish I had some one show me..o_OSo I will explain what works best for my rooms I have done many different watering systems this is hands down the way to go for either Beds or pots works great with COCO, and Soil, Rock wool, Chow, pretty much any watering system or medium. The number of Octa bubblers depend on how many plants you are running I do 2 octa bubblers for every 4x8 tray thats 16 drippers / sprayers. I run all my lines with 1" pvc first I plumb my rez with a shut off valve if I am running multipole reze's this allows holding tanks for RO so one tank has RO the other has nutrien . You can use 1 rez but I prefer 2.
Weeek6 aptus 135

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Weeek6 aptus 112
Weeek6 aptus 116
I am currently running Grundfos 3/4 pump now that the rez is plumed from the shut off valve run your 1" main line you will need a 1" x 1 " Tee with 1/2 female thread on the top of Tee this is where your 3" rizer will screw in then your OCTA bubbler. Before your Octa Bubbler you will need a sprinkler flow control valve these are sold at Home Depot in the sprinkler dept.
Weeek6 aptus 129
Weeek6 aptus 117

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Weeek6 aptus 137
Weeek6 aptus 135
Weeek6 aptus 116
Weeek6 aptus 135
After your row has been ran it is time to set up your drippers/ sprayers the Octa Bubblers and dripper steaks can be purchased online or at Green Coast hydro you will also need 1/4 black hose

Weeek6 aptus 128
JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Weeek6 aptus 130
I do not run my pump on a timer you can but I prefer to be there when I water this allows me to check PH and EC. A timer would make me lazy and my plants dont like it when Im lazy. Each row is wired to a sprinkler control timer this allows each row to be watered for one minute so all I do is ph and mix nutes then push the start button on the sprinkler control timer.

squarepusher

squarepusher

nice setup, do you mean to spray the plant leaves with the nutrient juice and thats why the sprayers are elevated? Or you just find those sprayers work the best. nice setup peace.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Week 4 APTUS 087
nice setup, do you mean to spray the plant leaves with the nutrient juice and thats why the sprayers are elevated? Or you just find those sprayers work the best. nice setup peace.
I use to worry about geting nutrien on the plant but I ha
Weeek6 aptus 017
We have been doing it like this for the last year and the plants love it it helps raise the humidity in veg. You can cut the steaks to what ever size you want but after the first week the plants no longer get wet they grow way beyond the steaks..

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

super clean, i just put up a drip system for this run. thought about getting a flow regulated manifold that had 1-2 gph outlets but ended up just using hose and 1/8" tubing.

D

Donkdbz

nice martin, rainbird has Xeri-Bird that would work in place of Pepco Octos. what is the psi of the pumps you run?

squarepusher

squarepusher

View attachment 207434 I use to worry about geting nutrien on the plant but I haView attachment 207433 We have been doing it like this for the last year and the plants love it it helps raise the humidity in veg. You can cut the steaks to what ever size you want but after the first week the plants no longer get wet they grow way beyond the steaks..
yeah you are right, most foliar feed is simply nutrients solution at 1/4 strength, so feeding them at clone/veg levels should be right in line with normal foliar feeding, and yeah it might actually boost the growth too.

So, just curious as to why you choose those bubblers exactly, do you find they are more clog resistant than normal drippers? Or do you prefer the better spray coverage they give over the soil that single point drippers? looking good as always

E

el boyo

so are you just watering once a day for 1 minute all the way through flowering? or are you increasing watering rates as the plants mature?
thanks for posting all the helpful info man.. it is well appreciated

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Love this Jack. Been waiting for you to post this deal since you first posted your coco beds. Before you said you were running a relay from the pump to the Rain Bird timer. Are you still running a relay to start the pump? Still love your work Jack.

HighLife 45

HighLife 45

thanks for sharing!

Is this all sitting in a 4x8 tray?

Do you "pre charge" your coco with nute?

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
so are you just watering once a day for 1 minute all the way through flowering? or are you increasing watering rates as the plants mature?
thanks for posting all the helpful info man.. it is well appreciated
Watering depends on how big the plants are and what stage they are in but in coco it is best to water with nutrien every watering I only flush the coco when its new and the last 2 weeks of flower.
thanks for sharing!

Is this all sitting in a 4x8 tray?

Do you "pre charge" your coco with nute?
The picture is a 4x8 tray and coco gets pre flushed then charged with 250 ppm of nutrien.
Love this Jack. Been waiting for you to post this deal since you first posted your coco beds. Before you said you were running a relay from the pump to the Rain Bird timer. Are you still running a relay to start the pump? Still love your work Jack.
No relay it can be done but I prefer to be there every time I water it allows me to keep ph and nutrien in check. A relay and timer can be done but this always causes problems with people getting lazy and not checking daily...

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
nice martin, rainbird has Xeri-Bird that would work in place of Pepco Octos. what is the psi of the pumps you run?
Not sure what psi I will check tomorrow but these are big ass pumps and if there is to much pressure you can control flow by closing the ball valve.Or opening up the ball valve that is plumed for circulating the rez..JACK

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Why do you use the sprinkler valve and timer? you plug in your pump then hit the timer switch to feed?
Maybe I am missing something. Are you using the timers zones for multiple beds??
Does seem to be needed if your just pressing a button. Why not just use a power strip and turn on the switch the pump. Saves time money and makes things alot less complicated.

Good points. IMHO, the problem is lazy people not pumps or timers. Life happens and then you can't make it to the op at the same time each day. Smart growers spend more time with there girls and use automating tasks to there advantage. Work Smarter and you get more done in less time. All depends on people work ethic. Obviously you got that down.

Thanks for sharing

mack 10

mack 10

thanks for the info Jack, love the set up, and them trunks, bet you only veg for a week aswell? mack

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Jack, how many gallons are the 3 black chem-tainers in the pic ? Are those the Brine Tanks that are listed on their web-site.....thank

Top Bottom