Odd Things Going On, Leaf Issues Leave 4 Web Sites Stumped

• Thread starter flipion
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
flipion

flipion

I got some funky looking thing going with some leaves from my latest grow, thoughts and advice is most welcome

Set Up: DWC/ Hydro
- One plant per container
- 10 gal tubs with 6 gal water in each
- topfin 8000 air pump made for 170 gal aquarium
- 1000 watt LED 24 inchs from top of plants, 18/6 light schedule
- General Hydroponics 3 stage nutrient system mixed on aggressive growth formula (change out of fresh nutrients and water every 2 weeks with a water top off the week in between)
- 4x4x8 Grow tent sitting in air conditioned room (72 day/ 65 night) temps F
- 9 inch fan blowing in thru bottom duct (not directly on plants)
- Grow tent temp of 68-72 degrees F
- PH of 5.6-6.1

Wife started these in aero garden waiting on LED and TENT to come in, they got a lil root rot from debris left in bottom at about week 4. Cut old infected roots off when switched them to tubs/tent/LED and new grew in pretty and healthy. Plants was doing awesome after. A few fuzzy white flies (one a day) on them was killed until they went into the sealed grow tent. Lately started seeing this weird thing going on with the leaves about week 6, now it is week 9 and seeing more and more of this issue affecting leaves, new growth back to 6 week growth being affected. Any insight on whats going on is much apriciated, has about 5 web based grow sites stumped.

IMAG1159
IMAG1145
IMAG1151
IMAG1153
RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Well, I do not know anything about growing in mediums other than soil, but those leaves indicate to me an over abundance of nutes, one type or another, not sure.

flipion

flipion

im totally lost on what you mean root crown?

i was useing a aggressive nutrient mixture, but changed out water today to normal, which cut the nutrients down to 1/3 what it was. the roots down in the tub are white and healthy. not sure what exactly what the root crown is tho?

flipion

flipion

i just googled and see what you was talking bout, found a good video on youtube showing this that may help others out

its weird it infected 3 plants, 3 tubs not connected to each other via any means (water lines, reservoir etc, maybe airborn some how? and im guessing only way to tell without cutting the plant down is to take the rocks out of the net pot to get to bottom of the stem to check it out?

H

heisen

i just googled and see what you was talking bout, found a good video on youtube showing this that may help others out

its weird it infected 3 plants, 3 tubs not connected to each other via any means (water lines, reservoir etc, maybe airborn some how? and im guessing only way to tell without cutting the plant down is to take the rocks out of the net pot to get to bottom of the stem to check it out?
Just remove enough rocks to see if the stem is solid all the way down.the stem feeds the plant
If it looks like it is eaten away around the crown that's your problem.thats what it looks like to me.
I had this issue in the past but figured out how to correct it.ill still get it if I get lazy and not check the water levels or not re up hydroguard in the top off res

flipion

flipion

so the solution to preventing this is mantaining hydroguard each top off and change out? any other advice youd give me on preventing this from the next grow?

flipion

flipion

so the solution to preventing this is mantaining hydroguard each top off and change out? any other advice youd give me on preventing this from the next grow?

Not sure if their is a edit , or i cant find it one lol, but i did want to give a follow up on the findings this morning
Findings and pictures of base of stem after removing some rock from net pots, 3 plants individual tubs with no connecting tank or water lines pictures will be uploaded per plant in plant order, plant 1-1 picture, plant 2- 1 picture, plant 3- 3 pictures

plant 1 and 2 seems to have a lil black around the base stem, but no rotting or smaller size diameter, plant 3 shows no signs of anything other than in a few leaves. thoughts and personal opinions on what the next step is is much loved. (shold i cut 1 and 2 down and concentraate on third, or let them all do their thing until later since none shares anything other than the air space in the tent)

Plant 1 1 picture
Plant 2 1 picture
Plant 3  1 picture
Plant 3 2 picture
Plant 3  3 picture

Latest posts

Top Bottom