Odd Topping Re-growth

• Thread starter Mavafunculo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mavafunculo

Mavafunculo

Hi, I recently topped my plants just a little over 2 weeks ago and I would like to top them a second time although one of my plants has grown differently since its first topping and was just wondering if topping this plant a second time is a bad idea or if it doesn't matter at all that its grow this way.

Odd topping re growth
madgrower

madgrower

Hi, I recently topped my plants just a little over 2 weeks ago and I would like to top them a second time although one of my plants has grown differently since its first topping and was just wondering if topping this plant a second time is a bad idea or if it doesn't matter at all that its grow this way.
I always see some of mine like that. I don’t treat them any different

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I’ve topped 4 x, but each time the veg time increases by a few weeks , if you plan for a quick run, just 1x
If going for a long veg , do multiple. It’s better in my opinion as the yeilds do increase significantly , along wit other training

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter

They look fine to me. When plants start out, they typically grow two shoots, which are pinched or cut off to make it split. As the plant matures a little, it changes from growing shoots opposite each other to alternating sides, like you see in your picture. You can still top them, it just takes a new set of growing shoots to get regular again. Things look good.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Don't think it's a herm either. I have two right now and by the time the pollen flowers were that big they had fully developed fem flowers.
View attachment 842848
Uh, that's definitely a true hermaphrodite. There are clear male flowers at the nodes there. A female preflower is never on a stem like that. There's also an obvious lobster claw. Google male cannabis preflowers. If you can't figure it out yourself lmk and i'll show you on your photos.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Took quick screenshots anyways. Here's the obvious stuff in the center. These are your pictures zoomed in. 100% "true" hermaphrodite(both sexes from start of flowering). When hunting new plants i check the nodes from the bottom up twice daily. Plenty of plants will throw only a few male flowers on the bottom nodes. Gotta check daily.

Screenshot 20181124 104047 Chrome
Screenshot 20181124 103959 Chrome
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Uh, that's definitely a true hermaphrodite. There are clear male flowers at the nodes there. A female preflower is never on a stem like that. There's also an obvious lobster claw. Google male cannabis preflowers. If you can't figure it out yourself lmk and i'll show you on your photos.

Yeah. I know. This one has been treated with colloidal silver. Though it might have herm'd on it's own. The second one I didn't treat but it possible just a little mist reached it, or could've been the very low temps they've been subjected to. This is my first grow for fem beans and it's a work in progress.

Thank you for the input though. If I hadn't known already, it would have been informative.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Yeah. I know. This one has been treated with colloidal silver. Though it might have herm'd on it's own. The second one I didn't treat but it possible just a little mist reached it, or could've been the very low temps they've been subjected to. This is my first grow for fem beans and it's a work in progress.

Thank you for the input though. If I hadn't known already, it would have been informative.
I derped and answered ops post while quoting you. I haven't slept for 2 days, i apologize. I recognize your name and respect you have knowledge. Will clarify that ops is still 100% a male or herm.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Oh, don't take that as me being offended. I was sincere. That was good info.
Yeah i just took your picture and added it to his post basically. The info on his photo is still accurate. Poor guy is shaping out a male thinking it's female. Also, stand by respecting you and your knowledge.

Top Bottom