Odor control and hot air venting?

• Thread starter therealheat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

therealheat

So for some reason the whole venting hot air out of an enclosed grow area has never really made sense to me. Say I am growing in a tent w/ a sun tube light.. I would think that hooking up a centrifugal fan to suck the hot air out of the light and vent outside would be necessary. Do I also need a second fan connected to a carbon filter to clean the air or can I just combine exhausting the hot air and odor control into 1 exhaust? With that in mind, I want to add co2. The way I was thinking about doing this was with one of those co2 boost buckets. Im not sure how well they work but they are pretty cost effective. It would seem venting air that I am trying to enrich with co2 is pretty pointless.. Any thoughts help.. as this topic boggles me for some reason. Thanks.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
If you are gonna run co2 you want to have a separate intake and exhaust for you light. you pull air from an uncontaminated source IE..another room, outside the room ext. So that way the air that cools your light has no smell. Mainly need to worry about sending it outside in the summer, in the winters crafty growers find ways to use it to heat their houses. Cuz in the winter hot air makes steam and no dryer runs for 12 hours straight.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
I read your post again. is the tent in a room with a window? can u get an ac in the window or is the room temp able to be controled central air,basemnet whatever?

Top Bottom